• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yatesy_Laa

Chanda Lurer
Thanks guys, lately my egg hatchings have been really slow because the old man was taking a century to shout me over :/!

Gonna do maybe another 1000+ RE's and see where that takes me, a shiny Petilil or Litwick and i would be happy. :)

PoryGone222

200 eggs, no shiny Pansear. :/

I'll take a break on that for now and move on to...Beldum.

Storm07

PkmnTCG07
Only shiny I've ever come across in-game was Pelliper back in Sapphire whilst searching for a Feebas, haha.. I'm thinking about starting using the MM method on B/W after reading through a lot of this thread, but doubt I have the patience - good luck to everyone hunting.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
I've just been traded a german female Fraxure, so I might as well breed it with my male charizard and start hunting.....wish me luck *__*
Oh and good luck to you guys as well!

Black&White

I just want to make sure, in order to hunt Tornadus and Thundrus, you save inside the house, walk out and encounter the roamer, check the pokedex and if it isn't shiny reset?

Beluciel

Recently hatched a shiny scyther in diamond (now a nice little scyzor) after 200 or so eggs.

First Karrablast randomly encountered in white : shiny (yay for shiny entry in the pokedex - boo for only learning usable move through breeding...)

Hatch 50 eggs in white, get shiny Ferroseed :)

Go on the GTS to search for a graveler to complete my dex with a grolem, find someone switching a shiny graveler for an escavalier which I fortunately have available.

I feel like White is my lucky game !

Last edited:

PinkPalkia

Artiste Forme.
Wow, grats! ^^^

This is like my 4th serious day of SRing Virizion. I have a lot of artwork to do now and I am just SRing while addictively listening to Judas. +_+

Actually my serious day is only like 5-7 hours of nothing but SR and occasional drawing, haha.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just finished doing 80 random encounters for Shiny Frillish. That brings my total up to about 2000 random encounters. That's not such a bad number, but I was hoping that luck would be on my side this time, and that I'd find that Shiny Frillish before too long. I guess I gotta work harder. I wanted to do about 150 random encounters, but I got distracted so I couldn't do as many. I'll try to catch up later today. I'm still not sure if I can reach 300 by tonight, but I should be able to get to 200 at least. For now, though, I'm off to evolve some of my other Shiny Pokemon for Pokedex purposes. GLE ;)

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
hey guys how the shiny hunts going...still shiny horsea hunting...already hit the 1000+egg mark and still going...wonder if it will shine today or not...wow pinkpalkia the 4th day...i would take a break from the sring and do something else for a little bit...i did that with my moltres months ago because i want it shiny badly...gunna go back soon as i get this shiny horsea i think...

*IZ*

Ok so I Finally got a shiny Larvesta yesterday. :D And I trained it today. Good luck everyone!

BryFy354

Beginning Trainer
Wow so I haven't updated my shiny progress in a while.....
Last week before I even found out about the hunt at Dragonspiral Tower, I decided to hunt for Golett. Being the lucky guy that I am, I found a shiny one the next day and it was Adamant. Then while actually hunting for the community hunt I found a Mienfoo. But it doesn't end there. Today while training a Shiny Chikorita I RNG'd on Platinum, my second encounter in Pinwheel Forest was a shiny Pidove. It has a neutral nature so it's not bad.

Note that the Golurk is touched (duh). I couldn't take pictures the day I caught it and I just decided to train it.
DSCF0890.jpg
DSCF0889.jpg

DSCF0895.jpg
DSCF0894.jpg

DSCF0897.jpg

DSCF0896.jpg

Here's the Chikorita if you care:
DSCF0899.jpg

DSCF0898.jpg

Last edited:

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
Was it ever possible to get a shiny Deoxys legit, or was I being lied to?

SpectralDagger

I said I'd start hunting for Ponyta after my quickly succesful Drifloon hunt, but for some reason I started MMing Numel instead. xD

15 eggs and counting. :3

PoryGone222

Just spent a couple hours boxing Beldum eggs. Time to hatch.

This...is going to take a while, lol. Wish me luck.

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
Yeah so my friend never owned a copy of Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, and she REALLY wanted a Lucario. So I gave her mine for her shiny Deoxys! Fully legit from her FireRed! ;386-a;

RedCometCustom

The Master
Dumb luck!! I was breeding to get a Deino with a better nature, via the Japanese Ditto I always use. On the third egg I got a shiny female with an adamant nature! Training has commenced.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
After 220 eggs and still no shiny Pansear, I've decided to move onto another MM target.

I'm gonna try for a shiny Roggenrola! Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.