• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
don't give up after 220 eggs...it doesn't work like that...it would be luck for a egg to hatch that early...sometimes the eggs hatch really slow...it takes time and patience to hatch the egg..please don't give up on ur shiny...

PoryGone222

don't give up after 220 eggs...it doesn't work like that...it would be luck for a egg to hatch that early...sometimes the eggs hatch really slow...it takes time and patience to hatch the egg..please don't give up on ur shiny...

Both the pokemon I got via MM hatched in an egg in the Mid-300's and the first egg respectively, so my perception of how long it should take has been skewed, which is why I stopped my Pansear hunt around 200.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
yeah but still if u really want that shiny u would keep going i think...its ur choice thou can't stop u if i tried...im like in the 1000+eggs and im not stopping...yeah call me silly but i really want my shiny horsea...

KimmyC

Ugh, releasing all my archens is much more time consuming than collecting and hatching eggs. They should've made an option to release the entire box at once. Gonna take a few days before I can start hatching more eggs ><

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I know what u mean im hatchin five releasing five and then its like a non stop process...but still i have patience to deal with it...horsea is really being a pain but not gunna whine about it lol....gotta keep my spirits up ; 3

PinkPalkia

Artiste Forme.
What the hell was I thinking, I made a thread in another forum to draw everyone looking like a Pokemon they named for me and I wasted 6 hours drawing them. I may have missed a shiny VIrizion, but I won't be drawing those requests until tomorrow. Time to continue the SRs. I was actually flabbergasted at the lack of 5th gen Pokes mentioned and a plethora of Charizards, Eevees, Pikachus, Darkrais, Lucarios, Blazikens, and Squirtles.

Bigboy

Finally! After 636 eggs i found a shiny deino. And if I do say it has real potiental.

nature-rash
IVs:

And to top it off it has dark pusle! Plus its Hidden power (ice) isn't terrible either with an att power of 70.

I'll try to get images later

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Just hatched my shiny snovy pics soon.

very nice! I think I might go for a shiny snivy soon myself. Any chance I could snag a female snivy from ya? I have some female oshawotts, since I saw you might aim for oshawott next.

As for my oshawott hunt I'm about 250 or so eggs in and nothing yet. I'm hoping I'll get lucky soon so I can move on. Might go for woobat or mienfoo next...

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Finally! After 636 eggs i found a shiny deino. And if I do say it has real potiental.

nature-rash
IVs:

And to top it off it has dark pusle! Plus its Hidden power (ice) isn't terrible either with an att power of 70.

I'll try to get images later
Congrats! Everybody seems to be getting a shiny Deino today.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just finished doing more random encounters for Shiny Frillish. I had planned on doing 200 more tonight, but I only managed to push about 100 random encounters. I just didn't feel like doing any more of those since it's exhausting work. I did manage to evolve some of my other Shinies though, so the night wasn't totally wasted. I now have a Shiny Kabutops and a Shiny Carracosta, so I'm happy about those. I'm going to evolve a couple more Shinies tomorrow, and then I'll resume my Shiny Frillish hunt and maybe start my Shiny Deino MM hunt.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
*grumble*

Geez, I've only done about 45 Roggenrola eggs as of now. My Gigalith and Japanese Ditto just aren't making 'em fast enough. : P

Ah well, patience is being tested for me, and I do have a good amount of it, so press on I will!

Yatesy_Laa

Chanda Lurer
Well im back to RE'ing today... you guys all seem to have a lot of luck going your way, im jealous >.<!

Good luck everyone!

Nakashima

Woohoo! =]
Went sofresetting last night with both my dying DS lite and my newly aquired oldschool DS. Then, this happened:

Shiny Chikorita! Just need the Cyndaquil to complete the set now ^^
DSC00050-1.jpg

DSC00054-1.jpg

DSC00055-1.jpg

DSC00056-1.jpg

And here is the YT vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF4oHUpShq8

Last edited:

Nakashima

Wrong section. This should go in the 4th Gen Shiny discussion thread.

QQ more, no one looks at that one, and the shiny is going into my Black as soon as I get to transfer it, just because I used a different medium than a 5th gen game to obtain it, doesnt mean it wont be a 5th gen shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.