• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Is there a community RE hunt this weekend? If so, where? Deino is depressing me so I might give REing a second chance, especially since I have to beat the rest of SS to get to Articuno.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
If anyones to blame about RNG its me. Im so sorry to doug and palkia and nakashima and 4th kira. Some of my perosnally favorite posts here. But i dont know why whenever advent posts about RNjg it bursts my bubble. And no doug you wont get infracted if anyone will its me or advent i mean just cuz advent can put together a bunch of intellegent words he thinks hes surperior to us all here.

PoryGone222

I have no issues with RNGing, I just have issues with people who act so smug and superior because they RNG. Feels like the times I tried competitive battling on a forum and was laughed at for not having "legit hack" pokesav'd pokemon.

Anyways, my first Gen V shiny was also my first shiny EVER (that I didn't have to trade for or was Red Gyarados).

Oh Chandelure, you are so great. Orange is my favorite color.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
Well, after only getting a total of 131 Roggenrola eggs over the past 2 days, I've decided to hold of on the MM'ing for awhile. Either the game's trolling me, or it's just being stupid and not making eggs quickly enough.

On another note, one of my younger brothers graduated from High School the other day, and on the same day, he found and captured a shiny Rattata on his LeafGreen! Now he truly has a top-percentage Rattata, especially since it has an Impish nature.

So with that, I also concur with rykerr1. If there's gonna be a community hunt this weekend, I may join in.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
If anyones to blame about RNG its me. Im so sorry to doug and palkia and nakashima and 4th kira. Some of my perosnally favorite posts here. But i dont know why whenever advent posts about RNjg it bursts my bubble. And no doug you wont get infracted if anyone will its me or advent i mean just cuz advent can put together a bunch of intellegent words he thinks hes surperior to us all here.
He's better than you are. You're the one starting everything. =\

Even now when the subject has passed on, you're trying to resuscitate the argument. Just give it up...

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
I think one of the only reasons people hate when RNGers post here is because they get shinies relatively easy, and that pisses people off.

Look guys, it's all the same thing, but different as well. It's not hacking, and there's nothing wrong with it. If you're jealous about it, that's fine, but you don't have to constantly argue about it. Frankly it's childish.

I couldn't agree more. :)

I RNG'd a few myself, but the ones I care about most are the ones I want to get with MMing (like Litwick and Zorua).

Edit:
Also, up to 706 Eggs with my Dark Pulse Shiny Deino hunt. Filling up my PC boxes again with the next batch.

Last edited:

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
He's better than you are. You're the one starting everything. =\

Even now when the subject has passed on, you're trying to resuscitate the argument. Just give it up...

sorry i posted this when i saw that people were still posting about it. I didnt see the thread creator basiclly ended it. Hope you dont hate me for it.

EDIT: Porygon when i saw your sig i loved it. I love how the sides look electric. Nice job.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just got a Shiny Miltank and a Shiny Audino via trades. I was so excited about the Audino since those things are pretty hard to find in the wild. I probably could've used the Masuda Method to get one of my own, but I was too lazy lol. I also returned to Driftveil City and I did some more random encounters there. I think I'm getting close to 2500 total random encounters, so I'm excited about that. It shows that I've been putting a lot of effort into this hunt, and I'm proud of myself. I just hope that my target appears soon, because I have another hunt that I want to start. I guess I could wait, but that Shiny Deino is calling my name ;_;

I'm up to 1,150 Axew eggs with still no luck... This MMing is way to addicting for me tho.. I really want that sniny... I've been hunting for probably a month now and over 400 in game hours for this one shiny Axew...

Bigboy

The last Deino hunt really took alot out of me. I think I'll rest from shiny hunting by EV training, competitive battles, and finally completing the battlefield Bad company 2 Storyline.

BTW I just redid my Sig. Its not all that great but it gets the job done.
Later I'll redo again.

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
My first Gen V shiny was Gurdurr whom is now a lvl 80 amazing EV'd on Attack and Speed CONKELDURR (named Roopushin)

ShinyEggHunter

FRENZY!!!!!!
some ppl might have good luck and bad luck in their shiny hunts tomorrow. hopefully i get good luck

Exprima

Pokemang
Haxorus and Carracosta have some very nice shiny forms.

Anyway, I have a question... does the Masuda Method get passed on to the offspring of a Pokemon from a different country?

Last edited:

Icetron

Why so serious?
Haxorus and Carracosta have some very nice shiny forms.

Anyway, I have a question... does the Masuda Method get passed on to the offspring of a Pokemon from a different country?

No, it does not. :)

After almost three months and over 10000 soft resets, I finally got my shiny roamer!
Now I can actually play my game again instead of being stuck in that house!!!
I think I'm going to MM for the adorable trashbag pokemon next.

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
OMG OMG OMG OMG I JUST GOT MY SHINY ROGGENROLA OVER 1000 EGGS AND I GOT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.
ill post pics later :D

Status
Not open for further replies.