• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icay4321

I keep the duds, because most of the time, I have something else with them, like an egg move or something, that makes them a little bit more worthwhile. Plus, you never know what their IV's could be.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Why do people keep so many pokemon? I hatch 5, and release them before taking 5 more to hatch.

Unless of course the duds have any trade value.
So do I, but if I hatch a battle-worthy Snivy, then I will keep it.

I haven't hatched many eggs today... Hopefully it will shine by the end of this weekend! Eggs hatched: 1,742

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, I'm done with my Shiny Frillish hunt, at least for today. I did another 100 random encounters for it, but nothing Shiny appeared. I didn't waste any time looking for it, though. I trained some of my other Shinies while looking for the Shiny Frillish, so I managed to get some work done after all. After I left Driftveil City, I headed on over to Route 3 and I collected another 20 or so Deino eggs. I'm going to hatch them now before I go to bed. I don't think that Shiny Deino will hatch out of these eggs, but I might as well try. I'm getting some more Shinies tomorrow via trade, so that should be interesting. Best of luck to all the other Shiny hunters here :)

PinkPalkia

Artiste Forme.
SRing while half asleep.. Escavalier's shininess makes every encounter an illusion. At least the dinging will keep me awake at this point. I've decided to stop drawing for the rest of the day to SR for this rosy pink baby. To the people who get every SR shiny available? How on Earth do you do it? SRing 50 thousand times sounds like something only an android would be capable of.

No community Hunt for me, even though I still drool over a future shiny Goth. Virizion first.

Last edited:

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
Went through another 70+ eggs today. This pokemon doesn't wanna shine. Out of curiosity what was your guy's first shiny pokemon ever? (Lake of Rage Gyarados excluded)

Mine was a shiny Zubat, became a Crobat, but I lost the game he was on.

My first shiny was a magikarp in sapphire. I was looking for a feebass and I saw a yellow magikarp and I caight it. I was 8 or so at the time, and I didn't know what shinies were, so I restarted the game soon after. I now regret that mistake. On topic, 130 elgyem eggs down, but I'm not discouraged. I have enough patience to go up to 1000 eggs but I'm not sure about much farther than that :p. Also, I may or may not join the community hunt. It would be my first, but I don't think I could stop hatching eggs long enough to do it! Good luck and may the shiny be with you.

ShinyEggHunter

FRENZY!!!!!!
Yes finally school is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i can have more time to re and chain pokemon for a shiny

My first shiny was a magikarp in sapphire. I was looking for a feebass and I saw a yellow magikarp and I caight it. I was 8 or so at the time, and I didn't know what shinies were, so I restarted the game soon after. I now regret that mistake. On topic, 130 elgyem eggs down, but I'm not discouraged. I have enough patience to go up to 1000 eggs but I'm not sure about much farther than that :p. Also, I may or may not join the community hunt. It would be my first, but I don't think I could stop hatching eggs long enough to do it! Good luck and may the shiny be with you.

wHERE IS THE COMUNITY HUNT?

Last edited by a moderator:

PoryGone222

Once it turns midnight in about 15 minutes, I'm going to go to Route 9 and hope to get lucky.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Went through another 70+ eggs today. This pokemon doesn't wanna shine. Out of curiosity what was your guy's first shiny pokemon ever? (Lake of Rage Gyarados excluded)

Mine was a shiny Zubat, became a Crobat, but I lost the game he was on.

The first shiny pokemon I saw was a shiny Electrike in my Sapphire version. I showed my brother and he fainted it while trying to catch it... I was mad for like 2 minutes then I got over it because I didn't really care for shinies/know exactly what they were.

The first shiny I saw since the Electrike in Sapphire was my Audino in White. Totally random, thankfully I managed to catch it. And that Audino is what got me into shiny hunting.

Last edited:
lol I'm back with another shiny! I was just ev training a metagross and I ran into a shiny lillipup! Just 341 encounters after solrock!

Quirky
31(!)

WOO!

I don't really know what to do with her though. Shiny Stoutland is ugly so evolving to that is out of the question. Herdier is okay...or maybe she'll just be my shiny pickup dog lol

KimmyC

I never had a first shiny. Last game I played before I got my Black was Crystal/Sapphire and I didn't know about shinies then. I didn't know the red Gyarados was a shiny either and I think I failed in capturing it.

I lost track on how may eggs I hatches for shiny Archen. I think about maybe 500+. The TVs wont tell me how many I've hatched. Getting a little tired of seeing Archen on my screen all the time, I might take a break and start another MM hunt.

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
Ok guys now that I have summer starting I'll be focusing on one shiny hunt until I get it. Farfetch'd !. I really like the different fur and light green onion stick it has. I'm breeding it with a japanese snivy so if it shines it will have leaf blade to make it semi-competitive for battle and trolling. Also I know of no one who has a shiny farfetch'd adding to the novelty.Wish me luck.

~Light

Traded a shiny VGC10 Eevee the other day :D

Going to evolve it to Vaporeon <3

Other shinies I obtained : Krokorok, Liepard and Drillbur :D

PsychicPsycho

;357; ;357; ;357;
Found a random shiny tropius the other day. I was freaking out because I didn't have anything to fight it with I was sure wouldn't faint it. I was able to whittle it down a bit with my serpedera (serperior) and catch it, yay. Would've prefered a 'cooler' shiny, but I won't look a gift flying dinosaur in it's bananas.

Considering MMing for shiny roggenrola (for shiny gigalith of course) or zoroa, but not sure I have the patience. Need to get a foreign ditto, too.

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
First 30 eggs hatched for farfetch'd. Waiting for a female adamant one to give an everstone to.

Bariosu

My first shiny was Seedot. There was a swarm in Emerald and i was like oh well lets try and get a shiny. Bam 1 hour later, Shiny Seedot =D

Lost count on my shint trapinch mm hunt. ive fallen asleep 3 times through it o.o

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
The hunt for farfetch'd is all set up now. Got a japanese snivy with leaf blade and an adamant female farfetch'd with an everstone.

Aegon

I hatched a few more Tepig eggs (sickness FTW!), so now I'm up to 1145. I really hope a shiny hatches soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.