• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icay4321

Who all's doing the community hunt? Any luck? Haven't had any yet, personally, but it's still early.

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
Who all's doing the community hunt? Any luck? Haven't had any yet, personally, but it's still early.

No luck so far :/ I'm really hoping I run into a shiny pawniard soon though. Then again it seems like that's what everyone's aiming for lol

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
reached 60 eggs for farfetch'd with no early luck. Hopefully it will be under 1000.

Icay4321

Route 9, west of Opelucid.
Have only gotten 15 to 20 RE's in, but I had school, and I'm raising some Pokémon at the same time. Hoping for any shiny here to be honest. Oh, and I was lucky enough to have a Poocheyena Swarm, too.

Stylinson

Good luck! I'm on about 310 REs, and have managed to get a Garbodor. I'd really like a Duosion or Pawniard, too.

Thanks! Congrats! Garbodor is a really cool looking shiny,IMO. I actually started earlyer then I had planned, my mom didnt need me to do as much I was planning. Anyway, I did around 125 REs. Im not sure though, how do you keep track? I dont want to have a peice of paper near me all the time to keep tally marks.

Aegon

Thanks! Congrats! Garbodor is a really cool looking shiny,IMO. I actually started earlyer then I had planned, my mom didnt need me to do as much I was planning. Anyway, I did around 125 REs. Im not sure though, how do you keep track? I dont want to have a peice of paper near me all the time to keep tally marks.
Flip over your Trainer Card, until you get to the records side. Scroll down to random encounters, and write down the number. Then, after REs, subtract the previous number from your current.

PokemonOwn

About 600 REs on Rotue 9. Nothing. However, it's only the beginning. If you think about it:

Pawniard = Shiny Blue
Garbador = Shiny Blue
Duosion = Shiny Blue
Houndour = Shiny Blue

Good hunt much? I'm using a Magnezone with Magnet Pull to give me a higher chance of finding a Pawniard. I find 2 nearly everytime I enter the Double Grass.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
About 600 REs on Rotue 9. Nothing. However, it's only the beginning. If you think about it:

Pawniard = Shiny Blue
Garbador = Shiny Blue
Duosion = Shiny Blue
Houndour = Shiny Blue

Good hunt much? I'm using a Magnezone with Magnet Pull to give me a higher chance of finding a Pawniard. I find 2 nearly everytime I enter the Double Grass.

Poochyena is shiny gold =/ If I wasn't MMing deino I would probably join this hunt but I am not going to drop that hunt for anything. I've been doing it for way too long!

hekalopter

Hi, I’m somewhat new here, I’m reusing an old account because I have no idea what the one I used months ago was.

Recently I’ve been MM for a shiny Scraggy (Jap Scraggy + US male Smeargle). Mostly because I just like Scrafty, but because it has relatively fewer steps than most to hatch, either ability is useful, and it isn’t totally dependent on a perfect nature / IVs (like a Jolly Garchomp with an IV of 30 in speed :/ ).

Current eggs: roughly 500 hatched.
Any a tips, or advise would be much appreciated. This is my first time MM for a shiny, as all others have been RE, SR, or trades.

A few questions:
So far I haven’t turned my game off since putting the parents in the day care, but I’m not sure it matters. Some have said it does, but I thought that only applied for RNG. Anyone have any definitive info one way or another?

When the shiny actually hatches, is the sprite shiny? As in, when the screen says “YOUR POKEMON hatched from the egg!”, would it be obvious? Is the same sound make / stars appear as when encountering a shiny in the wild?

What amount of eggs would you recommend stopping at if you hadn’t gotten a shiny yet? I know there is no set number, and everyone has different standards - but I would think around 2000-3000 I would just give up.

Aegon

I'm gonna finish for the night. This cold is killing me. At least I got a shiny out of today. I'm at 600 REs. :)

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
My plans are shot down, I have no basketball game to distract me until SUNDAY night, so, even though I'm not apart of the group, I shall participate in the weekend hunt, effective immediately.

Since I already have every shiny, I don't care which I get. Just a new nature would be sex.

PoryGone222

I was going for Pawniard, but my Nosepass keeps taking a beating. So before i go evolve it, I'm just going for anything at this point. I like every shiny available on Route 9.

630+ REs and counting.

silicon

Swordsman
So far I haven’t turned my game off since putting the parents in the day care, but I’m not sure it matters. Some have said it does, but I thought that only applied for RNG. Anyone have any definitive info one way or another?

It only matters with RNG.

When the shiny actually hatches, is the sprite shiny? As in, when the screen says “YOUR POKEMON hatched from the egg!”, would it be obvious? Is the same sound make / stars appear as when encountering a shiny in the wild?

It does appear shiny, but from the videos I've seen no extra sound or stars come with the hatch (Unfortunately I haven't had one hatch yet - I'm still working on my first MM myself, Axew)

What amount of eggs would you recommend stopping at if you hadn’t gotten a shiny yet? I know there is no set number, and everyone has different standards - but I would think around 2000-3000 I would just give up.

Personal prefrence.

ShadowedXHunted

Banned Trainer
I tried joining the Community Hunt group a few days ago, haven't been accepted. I'm still hunting on Route 9 right now. Hoping for a shiny Duosion or Minccino.

I joined but haven't been accepted yet either. I assume their should be a PM with the time is right?

Status
Not open for further replies.