• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
When the shiny actually hatches, is the sprite shiny? As in, when the screen says “YOUR POKEMON hatched from the egg!”, would it be obvious? Is the same sound make / stars appear as when encountering a shiny in the wild?

there are no stars or sparkles, but it does show up shiny on the hatch screen.

PoryGone222

When I was trying to breed a female Tumburr and got a shiny on egg 1, I wasn't sure it was shiny and needed to go check its summary to make sure.

Sparkles or a noise would be nice when you hatch one.

dukedudez

...Loves God
Well I just started to do the community hunt! This is my first time REing so I hope to find a shiny soon! Good luck to all the other hunters!

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
Why is the community hunt RE instead of MM? Isn't it completely random what IV's and nature it will have? Id hate to put in like 2000 RE's only to get docile or something.

PokemonOwn

Why is the community hunt RE instead of MM? Isn't it completely random what IV's and nature it will have? Id hate to put in like 2000 RE's only to get docile or something.

Because RE is random, so you don't know what you'll get. It's a wildcard.

Who thinks I should SR for Amoongus?

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
Because RE is random, so you don't know what you'll get. It's a wildcard.

Who thinks I should SR for Amoongus?

no SR. MM! wouldnt you want your amoonguss to have a guaranteed top stat?

join me! 200 eggs to shiny foongus and counting.

PoryGone222

I personally don't care about IVs, and though I would like a good nature, if it winds up being a dud, it's still a random shiny, which makes it sort of like a nice trophy for us non-RNGers.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Traded a SHINY 100% LEGIT MEW :D :D

I wasn't aware that Mew could be Shiny. From what I heard, none of the event Mew can be Shiny. I know that Japanese Emerald players can soft reset for Mew on Faraway Island if they have access to it, but I heard some rumors that those couldn't be Shiny, either. I'm just curious, because if legit Shiny Mew do exist, then I definitely want to obtain one of my own :]

Anyway, I just hatched another 20 Deino eggs. I've hatched 160 eggs so far since this hunt began, and I'm getting closer to finding that Shiny Deino. I can just feel it in my bones :p

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
I wasn't aware that Mew could be Shiny. From what I heard, none of the event Mew can be Shiny. I know that Japanese Emerald players can soft reset for Mew on Faraway Island if they have access to it, but I heard some rumors that those couldn't be Shiny, either. I'm just curious, because if legit Shiny Mew do exist, then I definitely want to obtain one of my own :]

Anyway, I just hatched another 20 Deino eggs. I've hatched 160 eggs so far since this hunt began, and I'm getting closer to finding that Shiny Deino. I can just feel it in my bones :p

If it walks like a hack, and quacks like a hack, its probably a hack.

~Light

It's a Shiny Pokepark Mew :)

From an event in 2006 in Taiwan

It's location checks out ( Hoenn ), it's moves are the same, Trainer & Trainer ID is the same

And it's from a trade shop here on the forum so I'm 100% sure it's legit cause everything checks out :)

hekalopter

It only matters with RNG.
It does appear shiny, but from the videos I've seen no extra sound or stars come with the hatch (Unfortunately I haven't had one hatch yet - I'm still working on my first MM myself, Axew)

[ QUOTE=Vendidurt;12562656]there are no stars or sparkles, but it does show up shiny on the hatch screen.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. Glad I can go on and do something else in the game without screwing up my chances - SR for Thundurus was such a pain because I saved inside the house :/

Alright, I’ve seen videos of shiny hatches, but you never know when it’s just an AR or something similar.

Any suggestions for a 4th egg move for scraggy? Currently I have:
-Dragon Dance
-Ice Punch
-Drain Punch
-???
It gets, Amnesia, Counter, Detect, Faint Attack, Fake Out, Elemental Punches, Zen Headbutt.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
i advise a dark move, but if youre bent on getting eggmoves, fake out for sure!

dukedudez

...Loves God
Quick question: Why doesn't my Poke Toy work? I gave it to my level 20 watchog that knows illuminate so if it isn't shiny it can escape. However, whenever I try to run it says I couldn't escape. Why isn't it working?

Edit: Nevermind. I just figured out it's a battle item. Is there an item that allows me to escape from as many battles as I want without having to buy a new one each time?

PoryGone222

Quick question: Why doesn't my Poke Toy work? I gave it to my level 20 watchog that knows illuminate so if it isn't shiny it can escape. However, whenever I try to run it says I couldn't escape. Why isn't it working?

Edit: Nevermind. I just figured out it's a battle item. Is there an item that allows me to escape from as many battles as I want without having to buy a new one each time?

The ability Run Away does that...unless having Watchog in the front is a necessity.

dukedudez

...Loves God
Nah, it's not a big necessity, but neither is run away anymore. I'll just use a high level pokemon in the front

hekalopter

Give the first pokemon in your party the Smoke Ball to hold.

Kakujitsu

Use a Smoke ball. That Item is my new best friend. ^_^

PoryGone222

I always assumed Smoke Ball was a 1-use item.

This will let me keep Nosepass in front! I leveled it up to 42 for nothing. :s

Status
Not open for further replies.