• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright alright don't rub it in my face hahaha
I just felt bad cause some others seemed annoyed, but whatever

I would chose either Umbreon, Flareon, or Vaporeon. Good luck ^^

it's all cool man
just remember this site does have mods and if there is a problem they will deal with it accordingly

Thanks for being understanding, and sorry if I went overboard. I feel as if I have had a bunch of run-in's with people today and it tends to get to ya by the end of the day.

To get on topic, why not Espeon? It's so cool looking, the green is a really different twist from the white.

i thought espeon was purple............

professoroak

Professional Slacker
Nope, the shiny espeon is a gross lime green D:
I dislike almost every green shiny sprite. They just use green too much!

Edit: Oh and it's all good. Us Pokemon Masters have to stick together.

ShadowedXHunted

Banned Trainer
I didn't realize but the green tint is used alot. Scizor was a big disappointment. But for some reason Espeon was really cool looking with that color on. I guess its just my taste but eh,, haha :)

Vulken

The OD of the OG

I wouldn't call it gross, but they could've used a nicer color. =/ Not sure what, maybe dark red or even like a midnight blue would look cool on it. I have to say though, my favorite shiny Eeveelution would have to be Umbreon, the blue ring is subtle but does look pretty sick. Glaceon is pretty cool too imo. Vaporeon is the worst... I hate that generic purple on Swampert, Kyogre, etc! It's on so many different Pokemon and its just... bland.

Anyway, what do you guys think I should MM for: Roserade, Milotic, or Spiritomb?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
hey guys gunna mm for a shiny feebas, just waiting for a different language feebas to use from the gts. I changed my mind cause i think ill be needing a shiny milotic in battle better. I forgot what scizor looks like as a shiny, but I do like scizor though. So happy for my shiny horsea...good luck on everyone on your shiny hunts and congrats whoever got there shinies today.

mjcheetah

Pokemon Breeder
Got my first shiny wild joltik currently breeding for a shiny yamask like 153 eggs hatched

well off to hunt shiny by RE now
still no shiny eevee but i am sick of hatching stuff

E.Fayth

<Got It
So Far on my hunt I have hatched 6 boxes of Vulpix eggs and I am getting annoyed by all the regular coloured Vulpix that I see. I got rid of my old Italian Vulpix and am using a Timid Everstoned Vulpix and a Japanese Ditto. Unfortunatly my hunt has been delayed by me constantly putting it off to train and homework but luckily I have a free weekend so I can hatch as many as possible

professoroak

Professional Slacker
WHAAT green shinies are the best ever. Teddiursa, Seviper, Espeon, Scrafty, Crustle, and Golett/Golurk all look great.

Maybe. But Beedrill, Fearow, Sandshrew, Nidoqueen, Zubat/Golbat, Primeape, Poliwrath, Onix, Kingler, Cubone/Marowak, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Jolteon, Kabutops, Dragonite, and Mewtwo do not. And that's just the first generation!!! To be fair, I skipped over some decent looking green shinies such as Oddish, Chansey, Tangela, etc.

I'm just sayin'. :D

So Far on my hunt I have hatched 6 boxes of Vulpix eggs and I am getting annoyed by all the regular coloured Vulpix that I see. I got rid of my old Italian Vulpix and am using a Timid Everstoned Vulpix and a Japanese Ditto. Unfortunatly my hunt has been delayed by me constantly putting it off to train and homework but luckily I have a free weekend so I can hatch as many as possible

good luck on ur hunt

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I too tried to obtain a shiny vulpix for a while due to my stupidity in my old silver version...i re a shiny vulpix and thought it was a glitch. I was so made until this day that i've been trying to get that shiny back by chaining and hatching and no shiny so far...sigh...but really good luck on that shiny vulpix, shiny ninetales is a very nice shiny to have...love the blue tips...

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys I've decided to go for another shiny johto shiny since my last hunt went really well (only 18 soft resets) hopefully I'll get a totodile but I'll take what I get.

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon

Egg Count: 326

Quezy

Edit: Oh and it's all good. Us Pokemon Masters have to stick together.

8C Espeon and Jolteon are super pretty in the games. Mine are my favorites of my team.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just finished my Shiny Frillish hunt for the night. I did another 50 random encounters using Watchog's Illuminate ability, and even though I didn't find my target, I'm happy with today's progress. I'm at around 4000 random encounters now, and I'm going to keep working hard on this hunt. As for my other hunt, I didn't progress too well on that. I only hatched 30 Deino eggs, but I hope that a Shiny one hatches soon, maybe on the weekend since that's when I'll have more time to work on the hunt. I didn't do Shiny trades today after all, but I'll work on that tomorrow.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Still no success in my hatching of snivy eggs for a shiny one. I'm only 125 eggs away from my deadline before I move on. I've been obsessive of shiny Scrafty and Ferrothorn lately. One of those will probably be my next target. I just want this shiny snivy to show up!

E.Fayth

<Got It
Sorry to post twice on the same page but I have hatched a shiny vulpix my everstone worked so timid the only problem is now i have 2 boxes of unhatched vulpix eggs. My first successful MM hunt and I am really happy that it took less than 300 eggs.

I just finished my Shiny Frillish hunt for the night. I did another 50 random encounters using Watchog's Illuminate ability, and even though I didn't find my target, I'm happy with today's progress. I'm at around 4000 random encounters now, and I'm going to keep working hard on this hunt. As for my other hunt, I didn't progress too well on that. I only hatched 30 Deino eggs, but I hope that a Shiny one hatches soon, maybe on the weekend since that's when I'll have more time to work on the hunt. I didn't do Shiny trades today after all, but I'll work on that tomorrow.

i'm at like 90 eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.