• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lycael

Stuff of Nightmares
Talking of MM, it took me about 8 boxes of Charmanders.. >.<

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just finished hatching another 60 Axew eggs. I hatched another 30 last night, and now 60, so that's 90 eggs within a 24 hour period. Not too bad, although I still need to try harder in order for this Shiny Axew to hatch. I'm doing some Shiny trades this afternoon since I need to register some more into my Pokedex. The thing is, there are only a few Shinies left that my friends can help me obtain. Once these last few trades are done, I'm going to have to find other people to help me with my goal of registering all the Shiny Pokemon into my Pokedex. Well, I'll think of something. Goodluck to everyone else.

Drummerdude

I finally got around to leveling up my shiny Tepig from months ago in the Daycare today. Now it is an Emboar and those blue flames look beautiful! I'm gonna try for shiny Treecko a little today and then I will return to my Snivy hunt Friday. Good luck everyone!!!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I finally got around to leveling up my shiny Tepig from months ago in the Daycare today. Now it is an Emboar and those blue flames look beautiful! I'm gonna try for shiny Treecko a little today and then I will return to my Snivy hunt Friday. Good luck everyone!!!

Yea they do :). Good luck on the Shiny Snivy hunt :).

Still working on the shiny Dratini hunt. Had about 3 boxes of them (Dratini eggs) so far that I hatched (iirc), and a box of from breeding with a Japanese Ditto. Still working on hatching those and will be breeding once more with the American Dittos... plan on getting at least 66 more eggs or so this weekend if I can.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
First of all, let me take this moment to say congrats to:
rykerr1 on the Zapdos
Profile on the Basculin
StormDragoon on the Musketeer Trio and Drilbur! (bravo xD)
Keruso on the Petilil
...and anyone else I have left out ;P

My Black version has blessed me again with another shiny! I seriously think my White is cursed (over 30,000 REs in Relic Castle, and over 3400 Karrablast eggs) and isn't giving me anymore shinies ;P

Anyways, today I decided to resume my Karrablast MM hunt. It was taking so long and getting so boring that I decided to dual MM and hunt for a Shelmet in my Black version. Every time I dual hunt on my White and Black at the same time, my Black version gets a shiny first ;O So there I was, thinking of a new method of MM hatching. I decided that from now on I would save with empty PC boxes, and then proceed to hatch as many eggs as possible before I had to turn my DS off... and if nothing shined I would just SR and start over again, that way I wouldn't have to release so many un-shiny pokemon all the time. So I decided to release all of my Shelmets... but I still had 5 eggs left. I started hatching them and on the 185th and last egg I got this:

HNI_0043.jpg

At first I thought to myself "Oh cool, a shiny Shelmet *looks up to watch tv*"
*five seconds later*
"Omg wait... A SHINY SHELMET!"
I seriously couldn't believe that on the last egg I got a cute little yellow snail :3. My everstone worked (Timid), and it got the nature I wanted (Hydration) ;D so I'm definitely going to evolve Jub Jub, even though it's so cute right now D:

HNI_0045.jpg

I seriously love my Black version now. My White version really needs to get with the program ^^ Haha. This early shiny has made me so happy and motivated me to start hunting again ;P

Anyways good luck everyone on your hunts!

HNI_0046.jpg

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
over 3400 Karrablast eggs

Now that is a collossal amount of eggs and a lot of patience. Kudos to you, I really hope it shines for you soon! Congrats on that Shelmet, though, that's a very nice shiny!

I'm up to 1715 eggs for Rufflet, which is a fair amount but obviously not as much as the poster I quoted. I have a huge urge for a shiny Audino, so I might MM one of those after, since I haven't seen any videos of it being MMed.

Good luck to you all!

poke-lord

Is there a community hunt this week?

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I have been reading everyone's posts on here for ages and reading everyone's successes (and failures) for shinies and I couldn't take it anymore so I had to create an account as well.

I have so far MMed a shiny Zoura (Careful), a shiny Dratini (Quirky), a shiny Charmander (Lax), and a shiny Axew (Serious).

I am currently working on a shiny Sawblu. Up to a little over 900 eggs. I am trying to make a shiny Dragon team of Dragonite, Charizard (I know its technically not a dragon, but I just wanted it), Haxorus, Altaria, Kingdra, and Hydreigon. I am halfway there in fulfilling my team, only 3 more shinies to go!

BTW... Dratini took FOREVER to get but it was so rewarding when I got my pink/purple little dragon. =) Good luck everyone on your shiny hunts!

Kalosian

So long
I have hatched a bunch of shinies this week.
Tuesday: Zorua, Axew, Ledyba, Sigilyph
Wednesday: Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Magikarp, Rufflet, Drifloon, Baltoy.
Thursday: Abra, Solosis. Also captured a shiny Gothorita.

lucario-adict

Sh*ts goin down
my very 1st shiny was Mewtwo in pokemon Soulsilver, i just saw that the mewtwo looks gay with purple and it looks much better with a green tail so i kept reseting, but after 367 times it happened, my friend found a Drifblim that was shiny but it used selfdestruct haha FTW

MetalLion

Crobat Trainer.
Got a random shiny Rufflet yesterday, I'm gonna use him for sure after the E4.
Oh and I also have 2 shiny electrodes, I got one in emerald and the other in SS.

nassirdada

IV breeder
As soon as i get a non-english ditto , i plan on MMing a shiny joltik !
i got motivated by all you hunters reading your success ( and failure )
good luck to everyone on their shiny hunts ! :)

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
Managed to get my first SR shiny today. After 126 fossil revives this guy shows up.
Really excited about this guy. Good luck to anyone trying for a shiny this weekend

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
hey guys I haven't posted in here for awhile....I just finally hatched my shiny feebas yesterday after 1525 eggs. Its a gorgeous shiny milotic now. Im off to start my enduring litwick hunt soon.

well i've been trying to regular hatch a shiny Axew for days now... it just feels impossible, i'm up to 1650 hatched eggs and counting, i just love black Haxorus, i can't wait to see it shine

Edit:i know MMing will makes the probabilities go up but i'm trying to get it with good ivs, both his parents have 31 iv in Hp, Att, Sp Def and Spd so i'm hoping it will inherite some of them and the Adamant nature

Last edited:

Kaotos

Shiny Breeder
well i've been trying to regular hatch a shiny Axew for days now... it just feels impossible, i'm up to 1650 hatched eggs and counting, i just love black Haxorus, i can't wait to see it shine

Maybe you should try and use the Masuda method versus regular hatching because the odds by MM'ing are significantly higher than regular breeding. And use the same pokemon, egg production will be much more quicker, and a pokemon with Flame Body to halve the time of the eggs hatching.

Status
Not open for further replies.