• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Ok, so I've decided I REALLY want a shiny Audino. Where do people think is the best place to hunt one?

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Is shiny hunting in black and white easier? 'cos some people have loads of them by hunting.

Yeah, slightly. Double grass means you can encounter more pokemon in less time, and the masuda method (breed two pokemon from different language games) has increased its odds of giving a shiny, so shiny hunts take less time now.

Kakujitsu

Holy Shi- It's not even a week since I found a shiny Audino in the Giant Chasm,
but I just found a Shiny Clefable, in the same place.
She gave me a lot of trouble catching her, and I ended up catching her in a Dive ball. ><

I seem to have a lot of luck with shinies lately, as this is my second shiny this week.
I don't have a camera, so posting pictures has to wait. ^_^

Aegon

I'm currently doing some REs in Pinwheel Forest. I've done 120 REs so far, and I'm hoping for a Sewaddle. I don't mind if I get something else, though, as I like all shinies in Pinwheel Forest. Well, aside from Pidove.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
I took a really long break, but I think it's time I got back to MM'ing for that zorua and vulpix. ^_^

-Q

ive got both! but i cant take much credit for it because i got each one for a chained shiny i got.

chaining budew right now. gonna wind up with at least 4 of them.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
I can't believe it. I seriously can't believe it! I just caught my first SR shiny. My screen was graced with a golden and gray Ho-oh today.

HNI_0081.jpg

I'm seriously in awe : D. I have no idea how long this took, because I wasn't counting the SRs and I forgot the day I started this hunt >.<. I've probably been hunting Ho-oh for around 3 months now.
But I can't believe my luck. I didn't weaken Ho-oh at all, and I was planning on Masterballing it. I decided to play around and throw random balls, and on the second ball I throw, I caught Ho-oh in an Ultra ball at full health! But it doesn't end there... Guess what nature my Ho-oh is? Adamant! I wasn't even using a synchronizer :O! I'm so happy right now. I'm definitely going to be EV training Helios. Now I'm going to finish playing through HG and start SRing for Kyogre or maybe Latias : D.

HNI_0082.jpg

HNI_0084.jpg

HNI_0087.jpg

HNI_0085.jpg

ivegarok

im currently hatching eggs for a specific natured and egg moves Druddigon, I have already hatched two shinys Druddigons but with undesired natures. Ill post pictures once I hatch another.

Nakashima

Congrats Spheals! Love that shiny!

I've got a couple hunts going now, as I got bored of just SR'ing =P

Shiny Beasts - SR -110
Shiny Timid Bulbasaur - MM - 20

Want to add a RE target as well, but I'm not sure what to go for yet. Maybe i'll hunt Audino while lvl grinding or something =]

KuroiMawile

It's shiny Pokemon that make me wish Pokemon could follow you. It is the only thing that makes me wish they could follow you. (Shiny Ho-oh looks better than I thought,

After a number less than 50, a blue Pawniard emerged from an egg. With it's Defiant yet Quirky nature, it has both Sucker Punch and Psycho cut. ('above average' says the judge, 'speed is it's best stat,' he says...)

as my first egg-shiny I am ecstatic.

nassirdada

IV breeder
I still haven't gotten a shiny in Black yet , and i want to change that . So , i went to Pinwheel forest and currently i am RE Swaldoons hoping one might shine . in the past hour i've encountered 34 , is that a good , bad or neutral number ?
I hope it shines before a 1000 , but geniunely i don't thats going to happen :)

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Still working on MMing Deino. I am almost up to 630 eggs. I hope to do about 200 eggs today. Hopefully I get it today!!! Good luck everyone!

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Yes!!! after 291 eggs a shiny carvanha came out!!! bad nature but its shiny and looks freakin cool!!!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm still working hard on my two Shiny hunts. I just finished hatching Axew eggs for my Shiny Axew hunt. I've hatched about 30 of those this morning, but I'll be hatching some more later on. I also did another 40 or so random encounters for Shiny Venipede last night. I'm going to be very busy with both of these Shiny hunts today, so I'll really need to focus hard. I was going to do some Shiny trades as well, but there's no time for that today, so I'll do those tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else.

SnugNBouncy

Everyday Im Snugglin
I'm still working hard on my two Shiny hunts. I just finished hatching Axew eggs for my Shiny Axew hunt. I've hatched about 30 of those this morning, but I'll be hatching some more later on. I also did another 40 or so random encounters for Shiny Venipede last night. I'm going to be very busy with both of these Shiny hunts today, so I'll really need to focus hard. I was going to do some Shiny trades as well, but there's no time for that today, so I'll do those tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else.

Good luck on both of your hunts! I can't wait to hear some good results tonight!

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
i posted this on the other shiny thread, but....

i just chained ;406;;406;;406;;406;! yay! it took all day though, because the patch was pretty much EXACTLY 9X9, so i was faced with the choice - only get to USE 1/4 of my radar encounters, or risk the radar breaking my own chain. i also fumbled and broke it at 35. synchronizer worked for 3 of them, but they all wound up with poison point.

anyone wanna trade with me, shiny-for-shiny?

and yes, it counts as 5th gen because i migrated them over. so, HA!

Status
Not open for further replies.