• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Does anyone know what exactly advances the frames? I know fighting and putting a pokemon in the pc does, but I'm worried that I might be missing too many frames because I log in to the dream world everyday.

Unless you're thinking of learning RNG, there's no reason to really be concerned about frames being advanced. Almost everything advances the PID frame though; NPCs, adding pokes to your party from the PC, walking, battling, C-Gear, weather, etc.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Does anyone know what exactly advances the frames? I know fighting and putting a pokemon in the pc does, but I'm worried that I might be missing too many frames because I log in to the dream world everyday.

This really isnt much of a topic for fifth gen if your looking to RNG go find help at the RNG forum.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did another 50 random encounters for Shiny Venipede this morning, but nothing showed up as usual. I'm starting to think that maybe I should've just used the Masuda Method to find this particular Shiny. I didn't want to at first since the Masuda Method rarely yields good results in my case, but I did hatch a Shiny Axew a few days ago using the Masuda Method, and it didn't take very long. I might switch things up later on, although it would pain me to leave this hunt after all the work I've put into it.

SapphireMemories

Michief Maker.
Still haven't had any look finding shinies in the 5th gen. Currently I'm MMing for a shiny Zorua, only up to 47 eggs but I did only start around an hour ago. Also decided to give up on my shiny axew hunt after 300 eggs.

Excadrill101

^Random Encounter^
I got two shiny pokemon in my Platinum - in the first 30 minutes.Chimchar- 0 SRs
Shinx-random

Thehiddenunknown

The Nightmare
Meh, I stopped counting at around 300 eggs. Still no Zorua. Starting to loose hope. I might switch over and start MMing my DW eevee to see if I can get one of those. That would be cool.

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
Hey everyone. My friend and I have a question. If you breed with a shiny, does it increase the chances or is it the same?

Necro101

I never have had a shiny my sister plays like one time a month and has like 5 shiny in all her different games (she had a shiny crobat she would not trade it to and did new game)

Stunk

Shiny hunter
Yay i got by black yesterday now to mm shiny cotonee wish me luck!

ShadowedXHunted

Banned Trainer
1600 eggs and counting.... I am getting ready to SNAP!

But keep up the good work everyone! Alot of post occurring between last night and today but I see we are all having high hopes. Keep up the work!

And I... will skin Zangoose if he doesn't shine...

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
does anyone know if shaymin can be shiny (caught at flower paradise)?? thanks

Yes it can. I caught a shiny Shaymin in Platinum after only 1268 soft resets back on the 2nd January 2010 (and a shiny Darkrai after only 920 SR - I had great luck when it came to the event shinies n_n )

Shiny Shaymin in Platinum - Profile pic; my Timid synchroniser failed me

Now if only they'd release the Azure Flute event for Platinum, too. I'd love the chance to soft reset for a shiny Arceus.

My current shiny hunting totals:
Mesprit - 4300 soft resets
Mareep - 8350 encounters
Roselia - er... lots of encounters

I'd like someone to shine soon...

Last edited:

pkpk

Yes it can. I caught a shiny Shaymin in Platinum after only 1268 soft resets back on the 2nd January 2010 (and a shiny Darkrai after only 920 SR - I had great luck when it came to the event shinies n_n )

Shiny Shaymin in Platinum - Profile pic; my Timid synchroniser failed me

Now if only they'd release the Azure Flute event for Platinum, too. I'd love the chance to soft reset for a shiny Arceus.

My current shiny hunting totals:
Mesprit - 4300 soft resets
Mareep - 8350 encounters
Roselia - er... lots of encounters

I'd like someone to shine soon...

oh they never released the azure flute? i recently got the platinum on ebay and i tried playing the sellers old save. it has both azure flute and oaks letter!!

thats why i didnt start a new game yet..

may i ask if i SR and get shiny arceus is it considered legit?

bloodghoul

Porygon2 - DoomDuck!
Congrats all on your shinies...
I think I am going to try and MM for a Shiny Castform and then if I am lucky enough to achieve that I am going to MM for a Shiny Phione.. Wish me Luck!

blazingben

around since blue
hey grats all on the shiny's and good luck for those trying i just filled another two boxes of bulbasaurs i can't wait for it to shine;)

Zorark

Pokemon Breeder
360 hatched, working on another batch of 180 eggs on my shiny charmander hunt. Please shine soon, my lovely.

Also, I'm on vacation in Montreal, and I picked up a French Pokemon Black today. This'll make it easier to MM when I'm trying to get a flawless pokemon and want two parents of the same species to work with, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.