• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
imag0009ui.jpg

Dratini // Marvel Scale // Female // Adamant // 0/31/7/31/24/31

Hatched today by trading to the correct Shiny ID/SID, this gonna be a present for my big brother on his birthday.

Edit: My next hunt will be either Feebas or Tepig.
That's awesome. Congrats. DW, and female to boot.

Any special egg moves?

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Everyone racing shadowxhunted im in. I will achieve pawniard before any of you get yours.
Greenespeon
Shadow
and someone else.

EDIT: Off topic.
Post count

EDIT 2:
Also when i decided to end my route 9 hunt i needed a pawniard to mm and there was ethier a guy or a girl and i picked the girl and she was adamant with defiant. WIN.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just finished doing more random encounters for Shiny Venipede inside of Pinwheel Forest. I didn't find anything as usual, but I did around 80 random encounters in total today, which is bringing up my grand total to around 1400. I hope to find that Shiny Venipede sometime soon, but I understand that things my take a lot longer; maybe even a month or more. I'm concentrating on doing Shiny trades while I wait. I received a Shiny Turtwig and a Shiny Anorith via trade today, so I'll go train those and then return to my current hunt later tonight.

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
I'm currently hunting 2/4 shinies at once currently. Due to the lack of interestingness of hatching magby, who I'm on about 154 eggs for currently (although knowing my luck it'll shine soon), I am hatching them while RE hunting in the Dragonspiral Tower Doubles Grass for anything bar Tranquill, although if it turns up i'll take it. I honestly, however, don't know how many REs I've done since I haven't been counting.
Heres hoping my luck returns!

Last edited:

ShadowedXHunted

Banned Trainer
@Gilgari OH IT'S ON! It's between KittyKitty, GreenEspeon and you now!
Lets do this, shiny hunt MM style til the end of time I will hatch 10,000 eggs if I have to!
Try to get a snap shot of the hatch guys! Looking forward to it!

Goodluck to everyone else lets see how things go!

On the side, I have started a light SR on my HG file, decided to do away with the famous spiky eared Pichu. SR at 50 for one of the three starters heres a hope that I will get lucky...

Stunk

Shiny hunter
Hey i got my game and beat it so im not busy with it can i join?

134 eggs on cottonee
started 1 day ago

Zorark

Pokemon Breeder
Hey guys, I FINALLY got my shiny charmander!

It was an awesome moment, too. I was watching Avatar, and there was a moment in the episode where the music swelled because reinforcements arrived at the last minute...in the corner of my eye I see an egg hatching (I never really look when hatching and watching TV at the same time) and then just as the music hit it's peak...BOOM! SHINY!

I've been working on hatching since Friday, but boy, was it worth it to have this moment with musical backup.
SAM_0629.jpg

I named it 'Zuko'. I was watching Avatar at the time...

It hatched on egg 570, in the first box of my batch of six boxes. So now I have five boxes of useless eggs to hatch. *shrugs*

It's gentle nature, but meh, I don't care. Black Charizard is SO worth it.

Last edited:

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
negotiations have been pretty dry. i almost accepted a shiny deino but checking its moves
showed me it had Earth Power and Dark Pulse. i almost gave up my shiny pawniard for it!

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
lol who thinks we should have these friendly races often as a group on here strictly for egg hatching?

EDIT:
Ugh traded reshiram caught in pokeball for a jap pawniard

Last edited:

oreo2011

Shiny Hunter
having the egg races would be fun i think.. probably would give me motivation to try harder too lol

ShadowedXHunted

Banned Trainer
I think friendly races would be a blast!
Playing Sonic Gems Collection with girlfriend trying to find something we can take turns on. All the games on it are arcade/hidden titles more or less. But I want to hatch 200 tonight if possible.. I really need this to occur soon.

Grats on the shiny Charmander thats great news! You must be so happy that was my first MM it was such a thrill!

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Started to try MMing for a Shiny Solosis. Not sure on how long it will take. so far i have hatched 32 eggs. sometimes it takes forever for the day care man to give me an egg even though i am using a female solosis and male jp duosion. going to hatch more tomorrow. if i can get successful i want to try for axew. then maybe charmander or zorua.

pokemon1996

<-- I will get'em
Started to try MMing for a Shiny Solosis. Not sure on how long it will take. so far i have hatched 32 eggs. sometimes it takes forever for the day care man to give me an egg even though i am using a female solosis and male jp duosion. going to hatch more tomorrow. if i can get successful i want to try for axew. then maybe charmander or zorua.

The eggs will come faster if you evolve that solosis into duosion.

I am still MMing for Axew after months of trying. I'm thinking of giving up and doing a playthrough of Ruby for good luck. It was the game I found my first shiny in, a red meditite.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
Hey guys, I FINALLY got my shiny charmander!

It was an awesome moment, too. I was watching Avatar, and there was a moment in the episode where the music swelled because reinforcements arrived at the last minute...in the corner of my eye I see an egg hatching (I never really look when hatching and watching TV at the same time) and then just as the music hit it's peak...BOOM! SHINY!

I've been working on hatching since Friday, but boy, was it worth it to have this moment with musical backup.
SAM_0629.jpg

I named it 'Zuko'. I was watching Avatar at the time...

It hatched on egg 570, in the first box of my batch of six boxes. So now I have five boxes of useless eggs to hatch. *shrugs*

It's gentle nature, but meh, I don't care. Black Charizard is SO worth it.
Nice shiny! Congrats on it as well.
I hatched 10 more eggs today since I spent most of it cooking up a dinner for my family. c: This brings my total to 90 Mienfoo eggs. Good luck to everyone!

Off topic: How do you make that picture so big? Everytime I upload a pic of my shiny scraggy hatching to photobucket and post it here, it turns small for some reason. This is odd since I used paint to make it bigger, and when I open it with my internet browser, its bigger. Is the picture supposed to be smaller to the person who posted the image, and bigger to the other users? If someone could VM me an answer, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind. I used ******* instead of Photobucket and my pics are fine there. Will post pics on the next page!

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
@Gligari, Shadow, Espeon, Oreo, and anyone else in this shiny race- Yall have survived an extra 2 days at least from me. I just hatched my 450 eggs that I collected yesterday. I will collect 450 more (hopefully) tomorrow.

I have a feeling that this is going to be my longest hunt egg count-wise and this is already my lost hunt time-wise.

Currently at 2,250 Deino eggs hatched. There is always tomorrow Deino, always tomorrow...

Zaikeria

Extra Shiny Zangoose
i havent a single shiny pokemon in any encounter over my last 600 hours of pokemon gaming. (cross all games)

it was a shiny butterfree.

i wonder when poeple wil start to uproar that their two fav shiny tactics are gone. :) and why dont any trainers posess a shiny pokemon? id expect the elite four to have at least 1...god i wish the peopel that made the game actually played it and saw how boring this one was.

I found that this game wasn't as boring as the 4th gen ones, this one kept my interest for much longer haha

back to the topic, my only b/w shiny was a heaps random one called Unfezant :) found it in shaking grass on route 12 bout 2am one morning lol beats what my bf got, his first after more than 2 years of playing was a bad natures bad ability woobat ._. outa roggenrolla and woobat haha and yea, shiny krookodile does kinda fail :(

Cain

RAWR
So, after giving up on my Shiny hunt in DST as it just wasn't happening, I had given up on REing for a while, and decided to raise a competitive Ferrothorn to pass the time. After I EV trained her, I was leveling her up in Giant Chasm when, lo and behold...

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0928.jpg

Shiny Piloswine!

I really got incredibly lucky, because a. I only had Ferrothorn with me and no Revives OR Potions in my bag, and as you can see she almost died b. it wasn't a Solrock/Lunatone, which would have exploded for sure and c. Mamoswine was actually my Ice pokemon target for my ongoing hunt for my favorite Shiny of every type! So now that Mamoswine's unexpectedly out of the way, I'm 6/14. Almost halfway there, yay!! Anyway, good luck to everyone else!

that's a nice idea, to catch your favorite shiny of each type....

"on topic" ufff my golden Volcarona hunt feels like i'm gonna be stocking and hatching eggs forever
as i predicted i hatched the rest of my eggs and nothing, that makes the count go up to 1255 eggs of regular Larvesta... now i have to repeat it all, please Larvesta shine i don't want to give up but everyone have a limit

nassirdada

IV breeder
Hatched my first MM shiny today ! And guess what ? it's a Snivy and only after 133 eggs and 2 days of hatching ! I am so excited and it's all thanks to you guys for encouraging me after reading all your succesfull hunts ..
Here it is
img00293201107271338.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tsutaja1996

Hatched my first MM shiny today ! And guess what ? it's a Snivy and only after 133 eggs and 2 days of hatching ! I am so excited and it's all thanks to you guys for encouraging me after reading all your succesfull hunts ..
Here it is
img00293201107271338.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congrats with the Snivy! :) I am planning to MM for Snivy after I finish the main story. Serperior is an amazing shiny. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.