• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing the madusa method for shiny bagon and snover around 100 eggs so far

Currently hatching

http://i52.*******.com/2ci7hcl.gif

http://i54.*******.com/28cpv1z.gif

Last edited:

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
Congrats on the new shinies everyone! =) I'm SRing for shiny Kyurem, been at it for a week and four days, over 800 SR's, but no shiny yet. Wish me luck!
~RaichuArcanine~​

Mew_is_awesome

shiny hunter
Congrats on the new shinies everyone! =) I'm SRing for shiny Kyurem, been at it for a week and four days, over 800 SR's, but no shiny yet. Wish me luck!
~RaichuArcanine~​

Good luck with that. I am currently hunting for a shiny terrakion

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Well I couldnt hatch the last 60 eggs last night that I had saved up. So I am doing those now and if my game loves me, one of them will be a green Deino! If not, then its back to collecting. I will let y'all know how it goes!

EDIT: Finished hatching. Result: No shiny. Up to 2,700 eggs now. Back to collecting. I just visited my baby shinies in my PC box which inspired me to keep going! Just seeing them in the box looking at me gives me warm and fizzy feelings inside. Hopefully next batch will be a winner!

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just finished doing another 60 random encounters for Shiny Venipede. I did some more last night as well, but I wasn't really keeping track of the numbers. I'd say that I'm doing pretty well, though. I'm almost at 2000 total random encounters, so things are really looking up, and I bet I'll find that Shiny before my Summer break ends. Anyway, I've done another Shiny trade, and I'm planning on doing some more today. I only need 7 more Shiny Unova Pokemon, so I'm excited that I'll be getting some more today. Good luck to everyone else.

blazingben

around since blue
Just released 370 bulba's what a job:( but I kept 30 modest ones for trades if someone is interested let me know;) so i'm now over 400 hatched and I'm pulling through and I will switch to hatch and release and I got my Internet back on and plucked of a jap male kingler and a zorouark so I only need a female DW krabby and I'm already set for my next mm:) so if someone got one please pm me:) and for the rest grats on all the nice shiny's and good luck with the hunt!!!

Tsutaja1996

Did 150SR for Kyurem earlier, taking my total from 1200SR to 1350SR. My target for today was 1500SR. Is anyone else hunting for Kyurem? Message me if you are! :)

EDIT #1 - Just did another 100 SR for Kyurem, taking the total to 1450 SR. Only 50 SR away from my target! :)
EDIT #2 - Reached my target, 1500 SR. Did 300 SR today, quite a good pace IMO. I hope I get my shiny Kyurem before 2000 SR, but I'm not expecting anything until 3000 SR+.

Good Luck Everyone :)

Last edited:
hello everyone i am new to the sit and have recently started MMing for a shiny axew and i am just wondering what the best way to do it is. hatch eggs then deposit them when they hatch or fill up my boxes and then start hatching them. thanks i also found a shiny litwick in my black version it was a great day.

Stunk

Shiny hunter
Welcome to the site and my method is collect as many eggs as i can 1 day then hatch them all with flamebody/magma armor and hatching power+++ the next

mad_toast_boy

shiny hunter
ok, so my brother got a shiny raticate on his black after a total of just over 2000 encounters on his game (lucky)
and in am still wanting to successfully complete a masuda method (every time i try i seem to get the shiny in a trade before i manage to get it in an egg)
does anybody have any suggestions for an easy masuda method pokemon i can do?
I have worked out i have had no shinies in the equivalent of over 13,000 REs so hopefully i will get one soon :D

Pachocobo

hello everyone i am new to the sit and have recently started MMing for a shiny axew and i am just wondering what the best way to do it is. hatch eggs then deposit them when they hatch or fill up my boxes and then start hatching them. thanks i also found a shiny litwick in my black version it was a great day.

I don't know if this is necessarily the easiest way but it works for me. I just collect the five eggs, hatch the five and deposit. Rinse and repeat.

As for my zorua hunt, I'm only up to about 90 eggs or so but I'm still having fun with it. Good luck everyone

thetifftiff

I've given up abra because I realized something I feel silly for not realizing earlier - munna can have synchronize as an abiility. ._. I just went with the ones that have it at birth I knew offhand (abra and ralts). Already having a shiny gardevior and gallade made me pick abra but, while shiny alakazam does look kind of nice, it was never really one of my goals.

So I've switched to munna because musharna has been one of my goals since I first saw its shiny form. On top of that they are easier to hatch and I have a better pair (same species, unlike the Japanese ditto with English alakazam I was using for the other hunt). This time I will definitely keep going, even if I get that elusive impish syncer. :p

I'm also going to try to keep actual track this time by going to find a tv that has the show that tells me how many eggs I've hatched. I wish they had put that on the trainer card like they did random encounters.

^^^ Grats on Woobat. I mean I wouldn't want that particular shiny because I tried Woobat myself and couldn't do too good with Swoobat but it was fun to give it a shot. I don't know what else you would really do with it but I hope you enjoy it that was a nice catch :)
Hopefully you hatch your MM Abra soon!

Thank you. :3 I used swoobat a bit in game and ended up ditching it once I got golurk since I was only keeping it around to use Fly to get around easier. However if this one has good enough stats, I'll happily train it. I'm up for fully training pretty much anything at least once.

ok, so my brother got a shiny raticate on his black after a total of just over 2000 encounters on his game (lucky)
and in am still wanting to successfully complete a masuda method (every time i try i seem to get the shiny in a trade before i manage to get it in an egg)
does anybody have any suggestions for an easy masuda method pokemon i can do?
I have worked out i have had no shinies in the equivalent of over 13,000 REs so hopefully i will get one soon :D

I suppose the best way to define easy in this sort of thing would be the fastest to hatch. Magikarp is absolute fastest but at this point most people already have a red gyarados so I'm sure it's not all that interesting. >_>

Otherwise, something that takes 2805 steps (which is cut in half with magma armor or flame body, of course).

Caterpie, weedle, togepi, azuril, marill, pachirisu, croagunk, and munna are the ones I was able to find with that number. Someone feel free to correct that list if something is wrong.

ShadowedXHunted

Banned Trainer
^GL on the switch I hope Munna goes better for you. I really like it's shiny veresion it is SOOO energetic. Well I am about at wits end with Zangoose probably over 2000 and something eggs -__-; I don't know if I am going to continue or not but I am soon to be starting over Pokemon Black and my GF will do her copy as well we just want to play through again and hope for a shiny to appear during gameplay.

Grats SphealsFTW I watched the video couldn't believe that **** you got really lucky XP it was funny hearing the shine in the background while you were expecting a SR instead on HG Kyogre XP well grats.

GL to everyone else :D

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Hatched another 60 eggs for a Shiny Solosis. Still nothing. Might try hatching a 30 more later.

oreo2011

Shiny Hunter
Ok I am super excited today! After trying to hatch my shiny zorua egg to no avail today I decided to do some RE in celestial tower hoping for a shiny litwick... and what do you know!!

[spoil][IMG200]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1011/img20110729172337.jpg[/IMG200][/spoil]

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Ok I am super excited today! After trying to hatch my shiny zorua egg to no avail today I decided to do some RE in celestial tower hoping for a shiny litwick... and what do you know!!

[spoil][IMG200]http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/1011/img20110729172337.jpg[/IMG200][/spoil]
Congrats on that! Always nice to see a random shiny when you aren't having luck with the breeding.

Ampharos_Spark

Gen 6 = <3
I am overjoyed right now! I have always wanted a shiny Vulpix since I saw shiny Ninetales and have attempted or at least wanted to hunt it for a while now. I first tried to get a shiny Vulpix in Ruby but instead of a Vulpix, I got a shiny Duskull. I tried Random Encountering it for once in LeafGreen with no success. When Diamond and Pearl came out I thought about chaining one. Then when people discovered the Masuda Method, I thought about hatching one in Diamond. Then when all of the Dream World abilities were revealed I thought about attempting to hatch a shiny Drought Vulpix. I finally got my hands on a Drought Vulpix and began my hunt.

DSCF1855.jpg

I was downstairs, in my living room, typing up something in Microsoft Word and watching Family Guy on Adult Swim. I was hatching eggs and as one of the eggs was hatching, I saw with the corner of my eye, a yellow Vulpix. I gasped in shock and joy and ran upstairs to my room with my DS and hastily plugged the charger in. The Battery was in the red so I had to hurry.I only started this hunt 11 days ago and today it decided to shine after only 488 eggs! I actually got to see it hatch from the corner of my eye and gasped when I was a yellow Vulpix. He has his Dream World ability which is what I wanted and inherited his parent’s Ivs! Random Fact: All of my fire type shinies (except Moltres because it’s genderless) have been female up until this Vulpix. Slugma, Heatran, Torchic and Cyndaquil are all female.

Hp: 29
Attack: 11
Defense: 31
Sp.Attack: 31 :D
Sp.Defense: 13
Speed: 29 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.