• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2point5

Well no shiny Geodude for me today, was feeling pretty confident as well. Ah well tomorrow shall be the day my ralts shines and gets this multihunt really up and running. Let's do this!

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Well I hatched about 210 Horsea eggs today and got bored. I am taking a shiny hunt break. I will start back hatching again in a few days. Horsea is my last goal for the summer and I still have a little over two weeks to get it. I am just so glad that they hatch faster than Deinos. It's wonderful! Good luck everyone!

Shinepoke

uhhmmm YES!
Finally got my shiny poliwag I wanted for a long time. She's got a mother from the dream world and has a dream world ability to show it. One of my finest RNGes and my first DW one. In sig.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Well, I must admit that this hunt was driving me BATTY. But finally, after 3581 eggs, (while I was watching the same show that I was watching when I got shiny Magikarp, funnily enough) a green Woobat appeared!

And, to boot, he’s Modest, with these IVs:

26 / 6, 8 / 2 / 29 / 8 / 23

Yep, 29 in Special Attack and 23 in Speed! How awesome in that?

So that’s 4/6 of my Unova Shiny Dream Team done! I really hope Scraggy doesn’t take that long, or my BLOOD WILL RUN COLD. And if Larvesta is a pain, I’ll be really BUGGED.

… I’ll stop with the puns now. Here's some pictures.

Woobathatch.png

Woobatprofile.png

Woobatcloseup.png
Woobatback.png

Woobatdex.png

Woobatcompare.png

Swoobatprofile.png

Swoobatderp.png
Swoobatback.png

Swoobatdex.png

Swoobatcompare.png

oreo2011

Shiny Hunter
Oh my gosh! I am soo happy right now! After about 500 eggs I finally got my shiny zorua!

[IMG200]http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/996/img20110802183850.jpg[/IMG200]

DerpFloon0089

shiny enthusiast
congrats, I hope shiny woobat brings you as much as I had when I got mine( My first RE shiny).

Anyway I decided my next shiny target to be drifloon and I'm going to attempt to get Flare Boost and get 31 ivs in special attack and speed (parent always passes down hp).unfortunately I'm waiting for a contact to breed me a japanese drifloon so I ca't start yet.

Wish you guys luck on your hunts;)

ShadowedXHunted

Banned Trainer
Ahhh holy crap, grats guys! Especially to you Oreo on the shiny Zorua you were working for! I think you got really lucky :) doesn't that place you at second? And you thought you wouldn't place at all XD

Nice Swoobat. I hope it's good in you're team. I tried him out, he was a really solid sweeper but man he can't take a hit -__-; I like the puns though :) Keep up the good work guys.

Stunk

Shiny hunter
Just got a german flawless ditto if i bred with it would the offspring be flawless(if it held the power itrms) and have the mm shiny advantage too?

thetifftiff

I've hatched about 100 munna eggs (up to 380 now I believe) since yesterday but I've been taking a few breaks to chain in DPPt instead of hatching in White. I've actually learned something since this hunt was the first MM I am determined to see through to the end, I think I'm gaining patience. When I used to chain more actively I was never one of those people who could stop at 40 and run around until shiny patches showed up, I needed to keep chaining or I'd get bored. As you can probably imagine, this lead to a lot of failure. While it's still early in my munna hunt and they are so easy to hatch, I think it's made me a bit more patient in shiny hunting.

Just got a german flawless ditto if i bred with it would the offspring be flawless(if it held the power itrms) and have the mm shiny advantage too?

It'll pass on the IV for whatever power item it holds. And yes it can be used to MM, as long as the other parent is not German of course. P:

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I've hatched 64 Swablu eggs so far and none have shone yet. This is my first MM hunt, I'm not giving up until I get my golden Swablu!
~RaichuArcanine~​

last up-date of the day: still no golden Volcarona, ufff this hunt is really wearing me down...
i'm feeling much like a zombie, boxing eggs and the hatching them like nothing, i´m like in automatic, by the time Larvesta shine it will be more a reliefe than excitment
egg count:2130

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did another 60 random encounters for Shiny Venipede inside of Pinwheel Forest tonight. I tried doing a few more, but I thought that 60 was enough for now; I'll just try and do another 60 random encounters tomorrow morning. I got some Shiny trades done as well, and I got a Shiny Wurmple and a Shiny Zapdos out of the deal. Anyway, I continued to train my other Shiny Pokemon until I had evolved most of them. I have around 385 Shinies registered so far, and things will only get better from this point on.

My first shiny in my white game was a blue basculin because I was EV training in the area. Must admit, it's super boring only being slightly lighter than the normal coloration :/ But yesterday I got a shuckle on route 14 and it's adorable :3

I love the look of shiny serperior, emboar, lilligant, braviary, and liepard but I think if I was to do the mm for anything it would be an eevee so I can get a purple vaporeon. In hindsight I wish I had SRed for a shiny verizion though...

Nikator

RnG- The Masterpiece
Hi! I'm a bit confused by the Masuda Method. Does it have to be games from different countries or languages?
For example my game is UK British, so would an American Ditto give me the Masuda bonus or do I need French/German/Japanese??

Meowth City

Staff member
Hi! I'm a bit confused by the Masuda Method. Does it have to be games from different countries or languages?
For example my game is UK British, so would an American Ditto give me the Masuda bonus or do I need French/German/Japanese??
It has to be Pokemon of different languages, so in your case a UK and American Pokemon would not work.

_Dizzy_

Shiny hunter
Hey again guys! :D

I finally did it! just over 1000 eggs and I have hatched a shiny Eevee. 8D Impish natured if anyone is wondering.
So now my shiny count is at 3 so far. Shiny pichu, Eevee and Zoroark. Oh and I know this isn't the trading thread, but if any one has a shiny cubone/marowak they would like to trade for the Zoroark then let me know. I LOVE Marowak! :D

I'm going for a shiny Riolu next, i'm up to 130 eggs so far. :3

SnugNBouncy

Everyday Im Snugglin
Hey again guys! :D

I finally did it! just over 1000 eggs and I have hatched a shiny Eevee. 8D Impish natured if anyone is wondering.
So now my shiny count is at 3 so far. Shiny pichu, Eevee and Zoroark. Oh and I know this isn't the trading thread, but if any one has a shiny cubone/marowak they would like to trade for the Zoroark then let me know. I LOVE Marowak! :D

I'm going for a shiny Riolu next, i'm up to 130 eggs so far. :3

Wow congrats! Nice job not giving up at the 1000 egg mark! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.