• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I'm still hatching for a shiny Dream World Eevee. I'm also IV-breeding at the same time, so hopefully my shiny one will end up having lovely IV's.

I'm up to 290 eggs hatched, and I finally got a female with better IV's than the one I was currently using.

Old dream world Eevee
Female, Timid nature
HP: 20
Att: 24
Def: 29
SpA: 18
SpD: 18
Speed: 31

New dream world Eevee
Female, Timid nature
HP: 19
Att: 31
Def: 6-7
SpA: 30
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

n_n Three 31's and a 30. Nice. Pass those on to your (hopefully) shiny little children, please.

As for my other hunts I'm at 4510 soft resets for shiny Mesprit, and 10,150 encounter for shiny Mareep. Good luck, guys.

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Congrats oreo on your zorua! My horsea hunt is going well I guess. I'm getting kinda lazy with this one since it is my last hunt for a while. I am finishing up hatching the 180 eggs left from the 450 collected probably today even though I said I was going to take a break. Oh well. ;) GLE.

EDIT: OMG!! This is my shortest hunt EVER!!! I got my Horsea sooooo expectantly just a few minutes ago! It has a sniper ability and an Adament nature (once again... a crappy nature, but oh well). This little Horsea hatched on the 376th egg! I am such a happy person right now! My shiny dragon team is complete! I will start EV training them later!! Here is a pic:

View attachment 3037 And yes... Another glare cuz I took it on my pc. So happy!!!!!! :D

PS- does this mean that I get both 1st and 3rd place in the race? :p

Last edited:

de_darkrai

On 450th now,no luck on shiny oshawott yet.

(longest MM-breed)

mad_toast_boy

shiny hunter
hatched 60 more eggs today, and by tomorrow i will have done the equivalent of 14,000 REs without a shiny :( hopefully i will get one soon

ShadowedXHunted

Banned Trainer
I wish I took first and third in the race ; _ ; *glare at KittyKitty* NOW I AM DOOMED I will never get a shiny cause all the luck has been robbed into Serebii threads!
Well I am at Celestia city on my second play through still without any friggen luck but it's early yet. 30 hours of gameplay but alot of level grinding in hopes of a shiny.. Going to keep at it and keep everyone posted.
This should be called "Story Shiny Encounter" cause you just do a play through for a shiny, even though technically it is the same as Random Encounter.

oreo2011

Shiny Hunter
Congrats on everyone who got shinies! And for the ppl still trying dont give up, your shiny will come when you least expect it lol thats what happened to me. Now I dont know what shiny to MM for... I kinda like the blue theme, but I am still thinking about it.

Just got a shiny Butterfree from DerpFloon0089 for breeding him the Drifloon he needed to start MM. :D

105 MM eggs but no shiny Axew yet. Not even 1 Adamant nature in the bunch either. :/

dan2point5

Congrats on new shinies guys.

No luck today for me. Ralts and Electrike both refused to shine so on to growlithe we go. Will start stocking tomorrow morning. Was honestly expecting an early shine in this multi hunt since it had been 2000 eggs since shiny bulbasaur had hatched. Ah well gotta keep the motivation up I guess...

thetifftiff

500 pink munna, no yellow ones. That's still relatively little so I'm not discouraged yet. This thread actually does manage to make it a little easier. Always good to see people having success and the determination to get there. :3

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
ROUTE 16 (BLK)
TRUBBISH
LV.24
MILD
PREMIER BALL
1061 RE's!!!!

dsc01192ct.jpg

dsc01194vy.jpg
dsc01196ic.jpg

When i was lookin' for Gothita for my 5th gen main team this one female shiny Trubbish was shown up! After 1061 RE's only. She definety won't join my main team and i restarted counting REs after her in hope to see my real target somewhere in future.

dsc01189k.jpg

As u can see i decided to evolve Gin (Snivy) to he's final evolution at last and i was lucky with RE hunting around lv.50 when he was infected by PokeRus on Route 16:D

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Got a Quiet 0 SpeedIV Flawless TR Shiny Numel.

For my brother.
any ideas of what I should go for next?

ShadowedXHunted

Banned Trainer
@Zenotwapal That you RNG'd for. Here's a hunch , why don't you get lost huh? Cause no Pokemon is flawless. And nobody cares that you got you're Pokemon because you did it in 30 minutes.

jolteon135

@Zenotwapal That you RNG'd for. Here's a hunch , why don't you get lost huh?
Why are you so mad? You choose your method, we choose ours. Don't get mad because we choose to use a faster method.

Cause no Pokemon is flawless.
You know what IVs are, right? 'Cause he meant flawless as in 31 IVs.

And nobody cares that you got you're Pokemon because you did it in 30 minutes.
He didn't even say anything about how long it took him.

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
@Zenotwapal That you RNG'd for. Here's a hunch , why don't you get lost huh? Cause no Pokemon is flawless. And nobody cares that you got you're Pokemon because you did it in 30 minutes.

Wow...so bitter, keep breaking the rules and you'll end up like your buddy did. Here's what I just hatched, and it's flawless and only took 10 minutes.

chiki.gif

Chikorita - Modest
31/31/31/31/31/31
Hatched: 8/3/11​

I think my next target will be....Zangoose! I hear those are really elusive. Maybe I'll have better luck than others have. :)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just finished doing another 50 random encounters for Shiny Venipede. I didn't have much luck finding the Shiny, but I'm glad that I was able to catch up to my quota today. Anyway, I settled some more Shiny trades, and I've been evolving certain Shiny Pokemon all afternoon. I've registered another 6 Shinies into my Pokedex, so I'm getting closer to 400 Shinies registered. I've also decided that my next Shiny hunt will be via the Masuda Method, since doing random encounters seems really tedious.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I know it's IV's I know what I am talking about as well, go to you're own friggen forums and RNG on there you losers. Pathetic excuse for Pokemon trainers if you ask me. I don't want to hear yer **** about how you took 10 minutes to get a shiny that takes some of us hours, you morons.

Seriously?
Lay it off buddy. It's just a game.

If you must know how long it took me
7 minutes I timed it. Are you happy now bud?

Planning on a flawless larvitar (shiny of course) DDAnce and Outrage too. I'll be breeding multiple versions of them too.

Last edited:

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
OMG, a shiny Zangoose! I feel so lucky to have gotten one in so few eggs! GL to all you other shiny hunters out there ;)

Zangoose.jpg

Stunk

Shiny hunter
I aggree with you shadow that rnging does take sometimes(depending on how skilled you are) a short period of time while we take hour, day, sometimes weeks to get our hands on a shiny. But that is no reason to come around trolling and possibly getting this chat removed. We kinda already have some spam problems here. All im saying is please keep it out of this thread.

Edit: great job on zangoose im planning on reing him myself but getting my rayquaza back(catching it this time) is top priprity for me.

Last edited:

||Caboose||

Precision.
Today I hatched an Hp Fire eevee that I wanted for my team. Its going to become an Espeon. The last eevee I hatched had 31/4/31/31/31/31 but didnt have HP fire so I had to try again and finally got this.
196s.gif

#196 Eveon (Espeon)
OT: Dakota | ID: 51556 |Nature: Timid|Ability: Magic Bounce
Type: Psychic|Hatch Location: Opelucid City(White)|Hidden Power: Fire 70
Moves: Hidden Power, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Psyshock
IVs: 31/30/31/30/31/30​

I also got the Japanese Giratina yesterday. I burnt it once, killed all of my pokemon once, accidently pressed run twice, killed it by critical hit twice, and it struggled to death twice. I finally captured it in a Dusk Ball on the 9th try. Now it rests with my other White shinies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.