• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I'm up tp 123 swablu. I'm not giving up yet. I'm also really hoping that the everstone will work, so the shiny swablu will be Adamant nature! =)
~RaichuArcanine~​

BaopuuMan

<-Love her so...
ya! just passing through the desert and a shiny sandile just pops out of nowhere...unfortunantly its rash but it has good ivs. oh well i love shiny krookodile =D

Doobius

i am going to continue on a couple hunts and just change it up every so often to keep my interest. done about 100 eggs each of so of zorua, litwick, darakuma, and munna. got a couple others in mind. i'll see what comes about.

i know there are a couple hold items that are needed/helpful in doing our searches, a couple incenses for nature or certain pre-evos, and that quickpowder helps with dittos...what all items are you guys using?

Chewyzard

shiny hunter
Stupid how I am trying to hunt a shiny pawniard or BISHARP so far I only got other pokemon. Like minccino,garbodor,and GOLDUCK .....

tarix3245

Shiny Master
mming for shiny chandeleure. It's my first time mming, so is there an average number of eggs i have to do?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
I decided to EV train (which I almost never do) in Celestial Tower and 14 fights in a Shiny Litwick popped up! He's "Docile" natured but whatever. Second Shiny on White in less than 2000 total wild encounters (my trainer card said I'd had 1978 wild encounters), the first being a Darumaka.

Still no shiny Pokemon in Black, though.

thetifftiff

Stupid how I am trying to hunt a shiny pawniard or BISHARP so far I only got other pokemon. Like minccino,garbodor,and GOLDUCK .....

Do you have a pokemon with magnet pull in the front? That could be helpful.

mming for shiny chandeleure. It's my first time mming, so is there an average number of eggs i have to do?

I've read the ratio is 1 in 1336 in the fifth generation. I've seen people go into the several thousands and I have seen people do it in the first few eggs. So far my only attempt at it has been 912 (and still no shiny). So, while there is a ratio, I don't think there is really a definite "average".

okey i was hatching my zoura egg 1 one when it popped out guess what a shiny :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did another 60 random encounters for Shiny Venipede this morning. I've never tried so hard to find a Shiny in the morning before, but I fell behind on random encounters yesterday, so I had to pick up the pace this morning. Anyway, I'm about to start another Shiny hunt in a few days, only it's a Masuda Method hunt and not another random encounters hunt. I plan on starting that on Monday, so wish me luck. In the Shiny trades department, I've obtained a Shiny Eevee, a Shiny Lucario and a Shiny Shinx. I plan on evolving the Shiny Shinx into a Shiny Luxray today, so that'll be fun. GLE.

Haunter ゴースト

Woahh I haven't posted in here in ages, since the Celestial community hunt!.
Been going on other shiny sites and stuff, anyway, at 17,253 encounters today i've finally found a shiny Golett in Dragonspiral.

Took so long....

Anyway i'll evolve it into Golurk sometime.

p1308111250.jpg

p1308111254.jpg

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
I am still currently raising my shiny dragon team up to 100. They are mostly at 85 right now and I have 1 week to get them to 100. I have just been slacking on the training in Giant Chasm. Once I get them trained, I will have to make my decision on who to MM for next. I am starting to think Petilil or Ponyta because I want a short egg hatch and a super pretty pokemon. Most of my dragons are black or green, so I want to change it up a little! Good luck everyone!

EDIT: I have finally made up my mind on my next shiny targets. I want a pink/purple shiny team. I already have Pachirisu, not I need to go for the other 5 in my sig. I will work on the first 2 in my sig first, which are SRs and not in White. The last 3 are going to be MMed in White! So excited! :)

Last edited:

VaporeonMaster

>The Forgotten Gate<
shineys

I have been doing random encounters for a shiny Litwick for about 4 or 5 days and still no luck. T_T

about 3,000 to 4,000 random encounters still no shiny.. lol

Cutty

Forever now
It's been awhile since my last shiny post here, which was.. I don't remember anymore :p

Well now, I got a new shiny in my fifth game US White. It's my second MM'ed shiny after shiny Zorua in June. I didn't post it here & I'm not going to, it's already in the past & I'm lazy. I got the Zorua after 964 eggs.

But this time, it is even better. I got my newest MM'ed shiny after only 17 eggs hatched! Ha ha. It becomes the fastest MM hunt I ever did.
It's special cuz I don't really like hatching eggs, so faster is better.
I had to rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things & more cuz it's not really a flashy shiny.

It's shiny Emolga! ^_^
shinyemol.jpg

The reasons I choose this shiny cuz not many ppl hunt for it & it's difficult to hunt w/ other methods, so yeah. And it has many egg moves. I gave it Thunder Wave, Thunder Bolt & Iron Tail as the egg moves. Basically I just mate it w/ my JP event Pikachu w/ those moves for preparation, before finding a baby w/ a decent nature to go for them, and start hatching eggs w/ two level 1 US & JP Emolga. I don't really know what's good nature for it, so I just went w/ Hasty. And I got it!^^

shinyemol1.jpg

These are the stats & egg moves, I don't really care w/ iv's btw.

shinyemol3.jpg

shinyemol2.jpg

It it my fourth shiny on my US White game after shiny Snivy, Tympole & Solosis, also my 7th MM'ed shiny. After this I'm gonna hunt another MM'ed shiny.

Good luck everyone.

de_darkrai

In MM breed, If you have a Japanese Ditto,will you use your own ID's or other trainers's pokes to breed for MM-shinies?

jolteon135

can they be SRed for shinyness in the dreamyard
Yes.
In MM breed, If you have a Japanese Ditto,will you use your own ID's or other trainers's pokes to breed for MM-shinies?
A hatched Pokemon takes the ID of the hatcher so if it's hatched on your game it will have your ID regardless of where the parents are from.

EDIT: Reread your question. Are you asking if you should put your Pokemon with the Jap Ditto or if it's ok to put someone else's Pokemon with the Jap Ditto?

It doesn't matter. It could be yours or someone else's. As long as both parents are from different languages it will work.

Last edited:

de_darkrai

Hmmm,Yeah I know that. Just wondering if you guys left a diff ID's poke in Daycare.

Status
Not open for further replies.