• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
is it true that after like 500 eggs mming your chances of getting a shiny goes up? i heard this somewhere and wanted to find out if it really was true

MMing by itself ups your chances of getting a shiny, but I doubt that hatching 500 eggs with the method would increases your chances any further.

1778 Eggs and Litwick Finally decided to shiny she has calm nature so im not sure if that is good or not but she is going to my friend since i already have my shiny Chandelure that i found a while back. I dont know who to MM for next Snivy or Tepig any suggestions?

Doobius

really?! after all that work, you are going to trade it? were/are you the OT of the now chandelure or was it a trade? 1800 eggs is nuts to just trade away imo. i want a shiny litwick myself.

and to answer your other thing, personally, i would start with snivy between the 2.

i am sidetracked on my white, still MM hunting, but boxes cleared. deciding what to go for. quit SR for pink virizion on black. decided instead to restart/set up a 2nd dw account.

happy hunting.

really?! after all that work, you are going to trade it? were/are you the OT of the now chandelure or was it a trade? 1800 eggs is nuts to just trade away imo. i want a shiny litwick myself.

and to answer your other thing, personally, i would start with snivy between the 2.

i am sidetracked on my white, still MM hunting, but boxes cleared. deciding what to go for. quit SR for pink virizion on black. decided instead to restart/set up a 2nd dw account.

happy hunting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I traded my chadelure into my white so i could restart my black version. so i am the OT of my REd Litwick that is now a Chandelure. But i owe my friend something because she did give me a shiny Excadrill and shiny Rydon so i think its pretty fair.

thetifftiff

Finished hatching from this set of growlithe and collecting nidoran eggs for this round of hatching. I've gotten about 30 shinx eggs and hatched 10 vulpix while I'm at it. Also hatched 8 pink munna while waiting for something earlier.

is it true that after like 500 eggs mming your chances of getting a shiny goes up? i heard this somewhere and wanted to find out if it really was true

This isn't true at all. Whoever told you that might have been confusing it with pokeradar chaining in fourth gen (increasing your chain ups the odds of getting a shiny and your odds are highest once you reach forty). However no such thing exists when it comes to breeding. Your chances are the same at 500 as they were at 1.

1778 Eggs and Litwick Finally decided to shiny she has calm nature so im not sure if that is good or not but she is going to my friend since i already have my shiny Chandelure that i found a while back. I dont know who to MM for next Snivy or Tepig any suggestions?

Congrats. :3 I would go with snivy personally but I may be biased between the two. Snivy's entire family is beautiful shiny but tepig doesn't get interesting until its fully evolved. At least in my opinion. D:

happy hunting.

Breeding for other people isn't a bad thing. I mean especially if she went into it knowing it was going to her friend. D:

Last edited:

AlexSH

Shiny Hunter
wOO i just won a race SLOWPOKE RULES 83 RE's and bam shiny with great nature modest sync failed

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
^
But you cannot. None can except maybe Kenji Okubo in the Seattle, WA area. He's the North American Brains behind all things Poke., Other than Japan.;245;

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I still haven't hatched that Shiny Larvesta. I've hatched 70 Larvesta eggs since my last update, but I guess I'll need to hatch some more. Aside from my Shiny Larvesta Masuda Method hunt, I've been focusing a lot of time on Shiny trades. I got a Shiny Onix and a Shiny Joltik via trades yesterday, and I spent some time training the Shiny Joltik so that it would evolve into a Shiny Galvantula. Once that was done, I evolved the Shiny Onix, and then I did another Shiny trade. I got a Shiny Clefairy and a Shiny Glameow from that, and I've been working on evolving those all day. I plan on collecting some more Larvesta eggs once that's done.

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
Got a shiny female Eevee (legit -- I double checked it with another lv. 1 that I traded from a friend's game to make sure) and a shiny Darkrai (that I'm pretty sure is legit -- double checked the Japanese on it writing wise, since there are imposters out there) off of the GTS yesterday.

I'll try and get pics of them when I can... since I'm pretty busy right now in rl, and haven't had time to get another disposible digital camera.

*twitch!* *twitch!* Please.... Excuse me... * Goes into a different room. Loud, high pitched screams are heard. Comes back bald.*
That was me. Having a mental breakdown. Deeply sorry. Anyway, I've been hatching away. I've been too lazy to swap eggs, so I'm hatching Eevee once again. Took a rough count, I'm up to 5000... So. Many. Normal. Eevee...
*sniffle...* I wanna cry now. *twitch*
I haven't been hatching as much... Some kids up at my school having voted me into the Senior Homecoming Court, and I can't get out of it... I find out if I won Queen tomorrow. Fun. I get to wear a handmade PIKACHU Dress!!!
Such a long shiny drought...

Drummerdude

Reading these posts has made me want to get into trying for another MM Shiny. I think I am going to go for Roggenrola, not only because I like its shiny form, but because having my Boldore in the daycare will be an easy way to level it up.

Good luck everyone!

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
*twitch!* *twitch!* Please.... Excuse me... * Goes into a different room. Loud, high pitched screams are heard. Comes back bald.*
That was me. Having a mental breakdown. Deeply sorry. Anyway, I've been hatching away. I've been too lazy to swap eggs, so I'm hatching Eevee once again. Took a rough count, I'm up to 5000... So. Many. Normal. Eevee...
*sniffle...* I wanna cry now. *twitch*
I haven't been hatching as much... Some kids up at my school having voted me into the Senior Homecoming Court, and I can't get out of it... I find out if I won Queen tomorrow. Fun. I get to wear a handmade PIKACHU Dress!!!
Such a long shiny drought...

aww, poor you! i chained 5 shiny eevee like 2 months ago and i have all the shinies except umbreon and jolteon!

(but no DW espeon for Vendi....)

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
I plan to hatch more Swablu eggs later, while continuing my hunt on route 3. I'm not going to leave until something shines! I also got a shiny red stripe Basculin in a trade on the GTS for my Cranidos. Good luck to everyone else!
~RaichuArcanine~​

Sporks

Herp Derp
I got a RE shiny Rufflet a few days ago. I am ecstatic. It has really poor IVs, but it has a neutral nature. I can't wait to evolve it into a blue Braviary~.

Also, I've been MMing Eevees off and on since the summer, and I've probably hatched near 1200+ eggs so far with no shiny.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I got a RE shiny Rufflet a few days ago. I am ecstatic. It has really poor IVs, but it has a neutral nature. I can't wait to evolve it into a blue Braviary~.

Also, I've been MMing Eevees off and on since the summer, and I've probably hatched near 1200+ eggs so far with no shiny.

Gratz on the Rufflet! I've been MMing for one for awhile now almost 3000 eggs and nothing yet! :( hopefully it shines soon btw good luck on eevee its a great shiny.

Aquaholic

I caught an Adamant Leaf Guard Tangela, in the wild, whilst I was at work and I almost died with joy. It's only the second time in playing Pokémon ever that I've encountered a shiney in the wild :) I just need to decide on a good set to use and where, if at all, she'll fit into a Sunshine team :|

Status
Not open for further replies.