• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Happy firework night, guys! I'd "remember, remember the 5th of November" if it gave me a nice, new shiny. ^.^

I'm at 4190 Eevee hatched in Japanese Black, and have done 10,508 encounters for a shiny Litwick in White.

I've also just unlocked the day care centre in my English Black, so I've started breeding for a DW Magikarp. These Magikarp hatch so quickly - the first one usually hatches before I can get a second one. XD I've only hatched 14 so far.

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
It's been a while, Serebiiforums, but I came back for a visit! I've been so busy with school that the months passed by like they were days. I hope to be around more since the holidays are coming up.

Anyway, my RE Jolly Poison Heal shiny Shroomish that I was so proud of is now a rockin' EV-trained level 61 Breloom and a part of my regular team. He destroys things. It's AMAZING. Other than that, though, I haven't had any luck with Shinies, and I'm still MMing for my shiny Eevee in my spare time...I *will* have a shiny Espeon. Just you wait.

Congrats on everyone's successes while I've been gone!

dan2point5

Best of luck to everyone this weekend. I've put my Ralts hunt on hold this weekend cos I'm feeling a bit burnt out hatching eggs so often.

Just picked up my soulsilver game and I'm going to try have the patience to actually do a serious SR hunt. Currently hunting Abra in game corner and bought 900 so far. Feel like this is a great start cos normally I would have lost interest almost immediately. Edit - 1,800 now and going strong. Actually enjoying this!

Last edited:

lochydc

Pokemon Breeder
I have done 540 eggs for a shiny oshawott and still no shiny.
I have done 2100 SRs for a shiny starter in HGSS and still no shiny.
I have done 2000 REs for a shiny pawniard and still no shiny.

P.S. What would be a good nature for Oshawott and what would be a good nature for pawniard?

Umbreon's Girl

Scolipede!!!
I've been having a lot of shiny breeding luck on my copy of White so I've been working on breeding a shiny of each starter Pokemon. I have a male and female of each, one English and one Japanese. My first target was Charmander and I got him pretty quickly (a couple weeks) so now I've moved on to Squirtle.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did another 70 random encounters for Shiny Cofagrigus yesterday. I was planning on doing around 100, but I stopped early because I had some trades to do. I woke up extra early this morning, and I did another 60 random encounters. I started working on this hunt again this afternoon, and I managed to do about 50 more random encounters. So all in all, I've been working very hard on this hunt, and I really hope that I find that Shiny Cofagrigus soon. In the trading department, I've gotten a Shiny Swablu, a Shiny Sunkern, and Shiny Cleffa. I plan on evolving those later today.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
i got up to 194 eggs this weekend and there are more to come i will have my shiny zoura!

de_darkrai

WooHoo,I finally got the shiny Roggenrola yesterday after 113 eggs ;)

LUCKY

524.png

Nakashima

152.gif

Was hatching eggs for my pokedex project.. and got to the Johto starters.
Was rlly scared of one of those being shiny because I already have that set compete, so of course, the last one, chikorita, is shiny. *sigh* Oh well.

Click here for the video.

shinehunter

a Beyblading trainer
65 eggs and no shiny sneasel... 25 more and i'll gather and hatch 150 instead of 90 at a time

jellywolffy

<Hunting
60 Egg for azurill and around 200re for litwik, gonna try some more tomorrow.

dan2point5

Lol congrats on shiny chikorita even though it was kinda not wanted.

Going back to MMing Ralts later tonight.

(Just successfully completed my first SR hunt. Shiny Abra after 3,196 purchased (639SR's) on soul silver).

Best of luck to everyone today!

Jake.

Just got my first ever shiny. It's a Zorua that hatched out of the 44th egg (beginner's luck FTW) using the Masuda Method. It has a Modest nature too.

Last edited:

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Just got my first ever shiny. It's a Zorua that hatched out of the 44th egg (beginner's luck FTW) using the Masuda Method. It has a Modest nature too.
Wow you're so lucky!CONGRATZ!
i'm really behind my shiny ponyta hunt.;077;

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
Closing in on 300 failed Lapras eggs. Ive hatched over 3000 eggs overall in my MM career and never got a shiny. Wonder if I have a bad game cartridge.

pokedaxx

Forum Lurker
If i were to get one of the shiny legendary beast in a wifi trade could it be use to unlock the Zoroark battle event in Lostlorn forest?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If i were to get one of the shiny legendary beast in a wifi trade could it be use to unlock the Zoroark battle event in Lostlorn forest?

Yes, assuming it is transferred to 5th Gen properly (via the Relocator instead of PokeTransfer) and is not used to unlock the Zoroark already.

Also, it must be the shiny beast from the event, not just any shiny beast.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Well My Hunt just hit 440 Eggs. No Shine yet. At around 300 i realized "I want it Modest Nature Right? Everstone Trick Time!" So i took one my modest hatched Zorua, gave it an everstone and now a Moriarty of all the eggs are modest natured. Wish me Luck next Weekend.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I am just starting my first MMing project (a shiny Snover) wish me luck ^-^

thetifftiff

I finished gathering vulpix eggs for the next set and stuck nidoran female in the daycare. I've not been lucky enough to find any shinies in the grass while training, but that's not all that surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.