• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Have you guys ever accidentally skipped over a shiny while you weren't looking? Guess it can't really happen, since you can see the pokes as you're depositing them, but just curious, as pokemon like Tynamo look really similar to their normal sprites.

When my shiny Piplup hatched in Pearl I didn't notice it was shiny. I was looking at something else during the actual hatching, and when I just glanced down at the screen afterwards I didn't notice the colour difference.

But then when I went to release it so that I could pick up a new egg, I noticed the red star next to its profile pic and sort of did a double-take and went "Wait. What? That's a shiny?! o_O" lol

That was my fastest ever masuda method shiny, too; taking only 83 eggs.

And as for my longest masuda method shiny... shiny Eevee still refuses to hatch. >_< I'm now at 4435 non-shiny ones hatched.

And I'm at 12,558 Litwick encounters.

Quezy

I have had such crappy luck with shinies. :C I'm trying for a shiny larvesta egg and I've completely lost track of how many eggs I've hatched.

Maybe I should go back to hatching for a Zorua. ;_;

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I have officially given up the shiny snover hunt (for now) and have moved on to a modest solosis hopefully with magic guard ^-^

I am not counting eggs as I will get less annoyed at how long it is taking xD

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
6202 REs for shiny Gothita so far.. tommorow is 11.11.11 - i will make double effort on REs.. and It's the Independence Day in my country too, so i will be more proud if it will be lucky in this case:)

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
I'm slightly over 3000 Re's atm outside of Dragonspiral Tower, I like all the shiny forms of the pokemon here but I'm hoping more for a shiny Mienfoo or Druddigon. Good luck on your hunts everyone.

Vandslaux

It's also nice that most of the pokemon in that area benefit from a single nature.

And basically, it was easier to SR for shiny starters in HGSS, where you could check all the starter's sprites and see if they're shiny, so you could do essentially 3 SRs at once?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I did another 60 random encounters for Shiny Cofagrigus on Tuesday. I would've done more but I was out and my game's battery was dying. I got up really early on Wednesday and I did 80 random encounters in total that day. It still wasn't as much as I wanted to do, but I was very busy that day. I've done another 80 random encounters today, but I plan on doing at least another 40 before the day is over. I don't have any Shiny trades planned tonight, so I'll have more time to work on the Shiny Cofagrigus hunt.

Vandslaux

Can anyone clone/trade me a flawless Jap. Ditto? I can offer shinies I've traded for, if need be.

de_darkrai

Ewww,another bad thing....I haven't met shiny yet til now.

It's been 240,no shiny Maractus appear yet ....

Hopefully I will met it soon.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
snivy hunt has hit 480 eggs and no shiny. other than that i have been randomly going route to route hoping that i might find my first random encounter shiny. main routes include: route 3, route 4, and chargestone cave. it feels like a long time since i got a shiny, but its actually only been about 2-3 weeks lol.

thetifftiff

400 eggs and still no shiny ponyta.=_=

Come on now, don't get discouraged. 400 with no shiny shouldn't be too much of a surprise. D: I'd be more surprised if I managed one by 400 than if it took thousands.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler

shinehunter

a Beyblading trainer
Talk about a birthday present! I was redoing my uncel's pokemon white and halfway through ChargeStone cave BANG: A Shiny Klink! My second 5th gen Shiny! but it has a Naive nature i honsetly don't care about natures of shiny pokemon!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Come on now, don't get discouraged. 400 with no shiny shouldn't be too much of a surprise. D: I'd be more surprised if I managed one by 400 than if it took thousands.
I know but atleast i found a really good Ponyta.
Male,jolly,flashfire,31/31/31/29/28/31.I called him Big Mac.:D
i decided to hatch eggs for shiny minefoo too.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
OMG! After 4311 Re's look what pops out! I wasn't expecting Druddigon to shine since it only has an encounter rate of 10% but it did! :D It has the worst nature for it though (Modest) but I don't care I love this shiny!

outcast.jpg

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
OMG! After 4311 Re's look what pops out! I wasn't expecting Druddigon to shine since it only has an encounter rate of 10% but it did! :D It has the worst nature for it though (Modest) but I don't care I love this shiny!

outcast.jpg
Wow,congratz.shiny druddigon is awesome!

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
Not sure how many EGGS but still waiting for my Shinny Litwick... Chandalure looks so awesome!
If you want one with a good nature non-shinny just PM me lol

Does anyone ever go back to Fourth Gen and Chain to get shinnys then bring them over?
I got a shinny Geodude which was Adamant then I lost my Diamond :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.