• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umbreon's Girl

Scolipede!!!
My starter shiny hunt is going well! My first was a Serious Natured, Male Charmander who hatched on 10/29 and today (11/15) I got my Squirtle! Rash Nature and also Male. I'm working on Mudkip now.

Also, if anyone wants a specific natured Squirtle, Charmander or Snivy, I'd be happy to give you one if I have it. They're all female because I was saving them to trade on the GTS but they aren't going as fast as I'd like them to.

henryJSB

young based god
is it allowed to request shiny trades in this thread? sorry if it's not, just enquiring. i have a shiny deerling i'd like to trade for something.

thetifftiff

I haven't touched MM hunt in Black in a few days because I've been doing more training in White than anything else as far as Pokemon goes. I have decided to do all the attack EVs for the next few pokemon I'm training all at once for an excuse to RE on Route 1 without feeling like I'm just running around.

Lucky you. I've been hatching Rotom since last week and I still don't have a shiny Rotom. Hope the Everstone works and I get Modest.

Now I wonder if my Jap. Ditto is hacked to be an English Ditto w/ Jap. characters.

If you're really worried about that, check the dex entry. Nothing in fifth gen gets a foreign entry but anything from gens 1-4 would have one.

My starter shiny hunt is going well! My first was a Serious Natured, Male Charmander who hatched on 10/29 and today (11/15) I got my Squirtle! Rash Nature and also Male. I'm working on Mudkip now.

Also, if anyone wants a specific natured Squirtle, Charmander or Snivy, I'd be happy to give you one if I have it. They're all female because I was saving them to trade on the GTS but they aren't going as fast as I'd like them to.

You have to remember that you can only ask for or look for what you've registered in your dex. I'm not sure why snivy's not going faster, but I've noticed 1-4 gen starters go slower and I think it's because it's not as easy to register them as seen in your dex.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Yes! After 4880 eggs, my shiny Eevee finally hatched in Black just now. ... but he doesn't have his Dream World ability. Gaah--! >_<

*bangs head on wall*

Sigh. Oh well, at least the ever stone worked, and he's Timid natured, so I'll evolve it into a shiny Jolteon. I'd planned to do that if it had the right nature, but no DW ability, since I prefer Jolteon's normal ability.

At last I can move on to a new shiny target in my Japanese Black. I'm torn between DW shiny Miltank and Sableye...

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Yes! After 4880 eggs, my shiny Eevee finally hatched in Black just now. ... but he doesn't have his Dream World ability. Gaah--! >_<

*bangs head on wall*

Sigh. Oh well, at least the ever stone worked, and he's Timid natured, so I'll evolve it into a shiny Jolteon. I'd planned to do that if it had the right nature, but no DW ability, since I prefer Jolteon's normal ability.

At last I can move on to a new shiny target in my Japanese Black. I'm torn between DW shiny Miltank and Sableye...

Just posting to say grats, since that shiny was a long time coming and you deserve it! Shame it didn't have it's DW ability, but hey, Jolteon's a nice shiny too! :D

Funnily enough, I dreamt about getting a shiny Eevee in Altering Cave last night. My subconscience cleary dosen't care about game coding. :p

Anywho, I wanted to ask: is it ok if we post non-5th gen shinies in here? All the other threads for other gens are inactive. Or is there a general thread for shinies of all gens?

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Good one on the Eevee.

Sunday I found a Hasty Gothita while doing my usual hatch/RE thing, since my internet was down and I was bored enough to sit down and run back and forth in-game. It's male but whatever.

I'd say screw the other shiny threads and post here. As long as it goes with a gen5 shiny related thing, why should it matter? Just my take on it. Good luck everyone!

dan2point5

Yay! Congrats on shiny Eevee! Always nice to see someones hard work and perserverance pay off :). For your next target I'd go with Miltank!

Still taking a break from MMing but still trying to decide on a target for when I do eventually get going again. Would love to go for a Beldum or Druddigon but their egg steps really put me off :-(

Kur0nue

Round-a-Bound
^ Use hatching plus power and it won't be so bad. That is what I did to make my Deino hunt go a little faster.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Yay! Congrats on shiny Eevee! Always nice to see someones hard work and perserverance pay off :). For your next target I'd go with Miltank!

Thanks. I started hatching Miltank this morning. I've only hatched 25 so far.

I also found a female Bagon in the new Dream World area today, so I might do a little hatching for a shiny one once I get one with the right nature (Naive shiny moxie Salamence would be awesome. *_* ).

I'll be putting any extra female ones up on the GTS, since I want to try and get enough trades to receive my second master ball in White.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz on the Eevee =] my Eevee came out the same way as yours, timid nature but no Dw ability =/ but I decided to evolve mines into espeon.

I've done around 430 eggs for Frillish and it should be interesting to see whether I get a girl or boy when it shines. I like either one so its win win for me, anyways good luck everyone on your hunts.

dan2point5 go for Druddigon! Its not as bad as Beldum egg steps and Druddigon has one of the best shiny changes imo.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Still no sign of that Shiny Cofagrigus. I did around 80 random encounters for it yesterday, and I've done another 60 today but it hasn't appeared. I guess it'll take a lot longer for it to appear, but I'm almost tempted to just start using the Masuda Method to hatch a Shiny Yamask that I can then evolve into a Shiny Cofagrigus. I've already started this hunt though, so there's no point in starting another one. I'll just have to try a lot harder. I don't have any Shiny trades coming up, so I should be able to focus on my Shiny Cofagrigus hunt without being distracted.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I am going to hopefully do 60-90 eggs for my beldum MMing project today.

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
So I've decided to stop my Litwick search and go for a Shinny Feebas then evolve into Milotic because its one of my favourite shinny's AND I have the shinny PTCG Card which is freaking cool as well. I'm sort of counting my eggs this time, I'm at about 25 hatched. Maybe I'll get to 50-60 today?!

I'm also debating whether or not to Chain in Pearl for a pokemon but I'm not sure who to go for, any suggestions??

Also what the heck is hatching Plus Power!?!?!?!

Last edited:

Vandslaux

ok, so good, my Jap. Ditto is really Jap., since I have a foreign Ditto entry.

As for chaining, I'd personally go for Bagon.

I got the most useless shiny in my opinion in my japanese black... Shiny ditto haha. Its from the giant chasm's double grass so its level 65.

ishni18

~*Shiny Hunter*~
I got the most useless shiny in my opinion in my japanese black... Shiny ditto haha. Its from the giant chasm's double grass so its level 65.

Aww well I don't think it's useless! XD

I wonder if shiny ditto, when it transforms into a different Pokemon, turns into that pokemon's shiny sprite instead . . . . If it does, double bonus for you!

Currently hunting for shiny Virizion - that is all :3

Status
Not open for further replies.