• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently MMing for a shiny Zorua, I started this a few months ago hatched over 100 eggs then gave up for a long time, but reading this thread inspired me to pick up the hunt again. I realize it takes well over 100 eggs to get a shiny (unless you are really lucky) hatching eggs sucks though playing music helps though, maybe I should watch a movie while doing this. I really want a shiny Zorua and am much more determined now to get it.

I currently only have a shiny Mamoswine that I randomly encountered as a Piloswine.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
My totodile in HG inspired me to start MMing for horsea. This will be my total egg count post.

So far...
30 Eggs

I am currently hunting in Pinwheel forest for a shiny Petilil.. although I have a feeling I will get Swadloon or something :( I am currently at 1052 encounters.

I have also been MMing for a shiny Vanillite, currently at 144 eggs because I don't like MMing.

de_darkrai

I'm MMing Petitil right now,no shiny til now. It's been 200 eggs.

JadeRawrr

I actually got my first 'true' shiny in B/W =D I've gotten the shiny Entei/Suicune/Raikou, but when I was playing through the story, I caught a shiny Foongus, and have sinced leveled it up into Amoongus.
At first I was like "Aw, man, I don't even know what this pokemon does! It must suck!" But now I love it ;3

I've been recently trying to MM a shiny zorua. It took me forever to actually FIND another country Pokemon on the GTS thing. Everyone wanted to trade a shiny, and I'm trading like, a level 1 Snivy. >>

ChaChi

Shiny Hunter
Hey everyone im new to this forum, just wanted to start off by congratulating all of you who have gotten shinies, wild ones to mm. I have a total 6MM Nidoqueen, Magnezone, Liligant, Drapion, Reuniclus, Serperior, 2 wild Altaria, and i traded my tangela. Im currently MM, for growlithe, frillish, larvesta, and dratini, so far combined of 900 eggs.
If ur MM keep going

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Just got a Shiny Flawless Jolly PoisonHeal Shroomish.

I also have a Shiny Flawless Careful Shroomish, but I didn't want this one. Someone can PM me if they wanted it I guess.
(PM/VM me if you want this thing)

thetifftiff

I just hatched growlithes 296-300, no shinies. I'm at 1,200 total eggs in my multihunt with nothing yet.

I found my first shiny ever today and I have been playing pokemon since red and blue came out.
I was training my Serperior at the Giant Chasm when a wild shiny Piloswine appeared I was shocked I never thought I would encounter a wild shiny I caught that shiny sucker and am very happy I want to evolve it but I caught it at level 52 and it doesn't know ancient power but I believe there is a way to teach it that move in hg or ss

You can get it in Black and White too. You just need to go to the move relearner and trade a heart scale to get the move.

I am currently MMing for a shiny Zorua, I started this a few months ago hatched over 100 eggs then gave up for a long time, but reading this thread inspired me to pick up the hunt again. I realize it takes well over 100 eggs to get a shiny (unless you are really lucky) hatching eggs sucks though playing music helps though, maybe I should watch a movie while doing this. I really want a shiny Zorua and am much more determined now to get it.

I currently only have a shiny Mamoswine that I randomly encountered as a Piloswine.

I've found that watching or reading things helps me more than just listening to music.

Do you have an event pokemon??? :575:

This... seems out of place. I think. I could be wrong.

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Doing anything that doesn't really require a ton of attention helps. Watching TV, a movie you don't particularly want to see, whatever. I find it's the easiest for me when I'm going through forums I frequent or reading random things on the computer. I can hold the mouse in one hand and in the other use the control pad and the on screen run button.

Assuming you go for random encounters at the same time. But it works all the same, stocking up on eggs is helpful too. I stock up on one box and then get my Flame Body Pokemon and go to the Route where there's an outbreak and just start RE'ing. I've done it where I stock up on several boxes too, but first, it takes long as hell to do that, and second, if you end up hatching it on your first box and you have another 6 boxes, then looks like you have some hatching to do, lol.

Whoa that's a bit long.

Aquanova

Probobly I'll be doing alot of REing for that Joltik today. I have 1,111 encounters so far. I guess thats not really alot though, I'll keep trying. Luckily most of what I encounter are Joltik. If I got it today, that would be really nice.

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
I reached 7000 REs (without shiny Trubbish on my way) for Gothica and god damn:/ to a little rest i will try to continue some SRs for Abra from Goldenrod Game Corner..
Good Luck everybody!

Last edited:

dan2point5

Good luck on your gamecorner Abra hunt. Managed to do it myself a few weeks ago and it shone after 639SR's

Currently MMing again. Done 450 so far. Changing my target every 200 to keep things fresh and less tedious. Mudkip is my current target so fingers crossed!

GalladeTheGreat

2nd Gen Trainer
Looks like everyone is hard at work trying to get those Shinny's!

Still MMing for a Feebas/Milotic. I have currently Hatched 302 eggs and nothing has popped up. Message me if you want a free Feebas :p

Not sure what to do once it/ pops up if it pops up. I still haven't completed my Pokedex so may do then and then go on a Fire Pokemon shinny hunt but we will see!

Master Leo

The Dark Side
i got a legit shiny korean mewtwo on gts negotiations today! i also got a shiny haunter (now gengar) and am very happy.

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
Good luck to everyone's shiny hunts! Finally succeeded in getting my second Ralts to commemorate the holiday today (a bird would make more sense, but I wanted to get my current hunt finished); felt like it took forever, although in reality it took roughly the same amount of time that it took to get the first one. It hatched female (meaning I now will have both a Gardevoir and Gallade), but it seems just to spite me the game completely disregarded the parents and gave her crappy IV's (though it did get 31's in HP and Defense) and a neutral nature... Either way I'm tired of hatching Ralts, thinking of going for Heatmor or finishing up my Gligar hunt next.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Doing my first hunt: trying for a shiny archen, I've gotten a few other shinnies, but none on purpose, I've easily had over 30 eggs today

de_darkrai

Finally,a new shiny born. Shiny Petilil. Yay,after gave up on Dwebble and Maractus. After 47 eggs,It's the shiny one!
548.png

Status
Not open for further replies.