• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmnbrawler123

<--- newest shiny :D
I'm at 305 Dratini eggs which take 5,000 steps with flame body, and as soon as it shines (hopefully before 1,000 but it will probably come 2,000-3,000) I will move on to my Bagon chain on Pearl and Grimer REs on SS.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I've just been checking out my new shiny Miltank's IV's. They're annoyingly good:

Miltank
Mild nature, capable of taking hits
HP: 29
Att: 17
Def: 31
SpA: 2
SpD: 27 - 28
Speed: 31

Why, why didn't you have the nature to go with them. ;__; Even Rash would have been better than Mild - even a neutral nature would have been better.

I think I might hatch for a shiny Dream World Sableye next in my Japanese Black. But first I'll EV-train my new shiny Miltank.

dan2point5

Congrats on shiny Miltank! Such a great shiny sprite in my opinion.

1,050 eggs into my latest MM. Got 100 eggs to hatch later so fingers crossed it's hiding in one of those. I wish on your trainer card it had how many eggs you've hatched since the start. I think I'm around the 30,000 mark. Funny how I've only done 11,000 encounters but hatched so many eggs.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I haven't done nearly enough horsea eggs, but I am around 100 now (and 100 turtwig SRs)

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
After taking a break I'm ready to start hunting again, this time I decided to MM all the starters starting with Bulbasaur. I was looking through the gts yesterday for a female foreign Tepig and I saw a shiny one and the person only wanted a Piplup :eek: It was too good to pass so I got it, and now I can mark that one off the list lol anyways good luck everyone on your hunts and gratz on the Miltank Heliotrope! great shiny.

de_darkrai

Still no luck on MM- Maractus,gotta giveup again lol.

Invisiblade97

Been shiny hunting Zoroark. Currently at 575 eggs. It sucks not having a JPN Pokemon for MMing, and it's even worse knowing I can't get one, since I don't have wifi, but I won't give up! Wish me luck!

pkmnbrawler123

After taking a break I'm ready to start hunting again, this time I decided to MM all the starters starting with Bulbasaur. I was looking through the gts yesterday for a female foreign Tepig and I saw a shiny one and the person only wanted a Piplup :eek: It was too good to pass so I got it, and now I can mark that one off the list lol anyways good luck everyone on your hunts and gratz on the Miltank Heliotrope! great shiny.

I'm assuming you checked to make sure it wasn't hacked though. They might not have noticed it was shiny. It does kinda look a little similar to original.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm so happy because I finally ran into a Shiny Cofagrigus at the Relic Castle. I found it about 20 minutes ago as I was running around in circles. I almost had a heart attack when I saw it, and then I weakened it and I captured in inside an Ultra Ball. I nicknamed it "Coffin" and then I left the Relic Castle and I deposited it in my PC. I'm just glad that this search is over since it took a long time. I stopped counting how many random encounters I did for it about four days ago, but it's definitely more than 3,000 random encounters. But anyway, I'll continue doing Shiny trades later tonight.

TheMaster327

2,310 Onix eggs, and still nothing to report... It's annoying to see all of your successes (congrats on all recent shinies) when I'm in the middle of a shiny drought... Hopefully I'll get it soon!

thetifftiff

I've managed a few more nidoran eggs today in Black, nothing lucky in any of them.

Congrats on shiny Miltank! Such a great shiny sprite in my opinion.

1,050 eggs into my latest MM. Got 100 eggs to hatch later so fingers crossed it's hiding in one of those. I wish on your trainer card it had how many eggs you've hatched since the start. I think I'm around the 30,000 mark. Funny how I've only done 11,000 encounters but hatched so many eggs.

Go check the TVs. There is a "show" called Pokemon Trainer (your name) that tells you all kinds of stats about what you've done in game and one of them is egg hatching. It'd be nice to get it on the trainer card but the game does keep track of things like eggs hatched, nicknames given, individual pokemon caught, and other things not on the trainer card.

Stunk

Shiny hunter
Hello people of the Serebii 5th Gen Shiny Discussion Forum thread! I've now just came back from a LONG break from pokemon and I have a question, can the new victini that just started being distributed in America and other English speaking languages be shiny? If so I plan to hunt it. Otherwise I will start a hunt on deerling on my black, heatran on platinum, Spiritomb on my other platinum, and a starter on my Heart Gold. Wish me luck! I WILL need it.

Aegon

Hello people of the Serebii 5th Gen Shiny Discussion Forum thread! I've now just came back from a LONG break from pokemon and I have a question, can the new victini that just started being distributed in America and other English speaking languages be shiny?
No, it cannot. It's impossible to have a shiny Victini.

Scrufox86

No, it cannot. It's impossible to have a shiny Victini.

Hi everyone just an update on my MM hunts. I am at 300 eggs for my Scraggy hunt on my white version and i am now just over 1000 eggs for Pawniard on my black version.

BIB - Oh such a shame i was wondering if it could be shiny because the other one was made to never be shiny so thought maybe this one could be as a way of nintendo making up for the previous Victini. Oh well i guess another Victini event and not being shiny is better than no Victini event.

pkmnbrawler123

Sorry. I posted more than once. Give me a strike or something if necessary but I'm so happy. Got my shiny Dratini at 342 eggs.

http://i43.*******.com/5yd9ft.jpg

I was expecting it around 1,000 so I'm really happy. YAY ME! Guess I'll put the video I took of it on my youtube(pkmnbrawler12) cause I'm weird but yeah. Now I'll update my shiny card.

Last edited:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
^_^

shinyboldore.jpg

After I decided to do my first RE hunt I had no idea it would be so quick, especially since Sudowoodo took just about 900 SRs. 1607 I believe.

ANyway I was dual hunting today in Black and Leafgreen in mistralton and route 23 respectively on my way to my championship soccer game and on the way back. We won. THen later I had chinese food and my fortune was "You are going on well with your business." My dad said soccer was my business today and I thought maybe shiny hunting will be too. So then I was in the basement watching my brother play Assassin's Creed and I glanced down at my 3DS and saw the blue and then the sparkle. I'm not much of a screamer though. I just get this amazing feeling and am just like Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss. SO anyway I snapped a pic and then showed my brother who complained about my luck(even though he got Shiny adamant totodile and shiny Chiko in the same day when it took me 5000 srs for toto).

So it's lax like my Totodile which is pretty good I guess.
IVs:
HP: 0-2
Att: 19-22
Def: 8-11
SpA: 4-7
SpD: 29(why not Defense?)
Speed: 3-6

Pretty bad except decent attack.

More pics may come.

Congrats on Dratini btw.

Last edited:

JadeRawrr

Hatching eggs for a shiny Heracross.
I'm doing Heracross partly because it's the only foreign Pokemon I have now, and partly because it's shiny form is purple @.@

Right now I just hatched my 100th egg. ;3 Good luck to everyone else!

dan2point5

Congrats on shinies guys, especially confagrigus! Glad to see your hard work has paid off.

Decided I'd try some REing this afternoon outside pinwheel forest. After 200 REs a shiny Tympole showed itself! Was pretty shocked to say the least and was the one I was hoping would shine. Think I'll try this REing lark again some time haha.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Just hit 3000 SR's in my hunt for a shiny starter in Soulsilver. i really hope i get since it will be my first sr shiny. kinda surprised i got this far since i usually quit around 2200 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.