• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2point5

Just reached Kyurem on my new Black file so I thought it would be fun to SR for it.
Guess what happened after just 15 SR's...

...I gave up haha. Want to finish the rest of the story before I attempt to SR for real me thinks. Havent MM'd for over a week now and I kinda miss it.

Good luck everyone!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Still kinda mad about how easy MM shinies are this gen. Just because i've been a shiny hunter since 3rd gen and now it takes almost no effort to get any.
Meh

oh i'm sorry, what universe r u from in whih no effort is required??? i'd like to be part of that universe if u dont mind!!
on a less surprising note iiimmmm havoig sooo much fun with my hunt for awesomeness!!!!!!

Last edited:

Aegon

Still kinda mad about how easy MM shinies are this gen. Just because i've been a shiny hunter since 3rd gen and now it takes almost no effort to get any.
Meh
You know, the Masuda Method chance hasn't really increased that much. In Gen IV, it's actually 5/8192, not 4/8192 as previously believed. Now, in Gen V, it's 6/8192. It's not a massive change.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
856 eggs hatched,no shiny found.I can't wait to get my shiny Charmander.^-^

Zormon

I have not yet ever caught a shiny Pokemon, except for the red gyardos. Oh, yeah, I had a shiny noctowl in the original silver but that isn't really useful and I don't have the game anymore sadly.

Is there any sure way to know if a pokemon you got from another country, like a Japanese Ditto really is Japanese besides the name? I really don't want to hatch thousands of eggs to find out it's not really Japanese lol. The name is Japanese if that counts?

dewey911p

primus inter pares
I have not yet ever caught a shiny Pokemon, except for the red gyardos. Oh, yeah, I had a shiny noctowl in the original silver but that isn't really useful and I don't have the game anymore sadly.

Is there any sure way to know if a pokemon you got from another country, like a Japanese Ditto really is Japanese besides the name? I really don't want to hatch thousands of eggs to find out it's not really Japanese lol. The name is Japanese if that counts?

well if the name is Japanese then the pokemon is Japanese as well. To verify, look at the OT and it should be Japanese, or look like T H I S. Also, if you look in your pokedex, next to your ditto it should have a J (under the picture) this indicates that you have had, at some point, a ditto that was from Japan

HELLO GUYS!!! it's been ages since i last posted in here...
recently i bought a Pokémon Black edition and i'm decided to make this my definite version for the 5 gen so my goal was to start it with an awesome Unova Shiny Starter, i've been SR for like 4 days and today he finally shone
ShinyTepig.jpg

he's docile and will become and awesome blue flames Emboar

congratulations to every shiny hunter and their new shiny pokémon and good luck to all fo you guys SR, RE and MM

Last edited:

Lubu195

Pokemon Collector
I hope i get my shiny within 500 eggs i bet it wont happen tho :(

ChaChi

Shiny Hunter
Wow so last night i was chaining for a shiny eevee and managed to get one then the chain broke its careful nature so will make it shiny umbreon. Just now i decided to pick up my MM poliwag after collecting 200 egg earlier i decided to hatch em and on my 36th egg out of the 200 bringing my total eggs 449 she shined for me. Its serious nature and ability is damp which is the last thing i wanted to have but oh well im gonna make her into one of my favorite shinies "POLITOED"
2-1.jpg

Its blurry i was using my phone to take the pic

Last edited:

Tommyb2405

:'( just been looking through my Pokedex and looking at the different forms of Pokemon (Male, Female, Shiny) looks like i have seen a shiny pokemon :( was a Tranquill. I honestly cant remember seeing it :'(

Tommyb2405

Does the Trainer ID have a real impact on a Shiny? like is it better to have a Large or a Small Number eg. 00200 or 18247?

Calamity Lynn

Lady Breeds-a-Lot
Does the Trainer ID have a real impact on a Shiny? like is it better to have a Large or a Small Number eg. 00200 or 18247?

From what I understand, it only matters when RNGing. The closer together your Trainer ID and SID are, the sooner you get shiny frames. But it doesn't matter when playing normally as it's incredibly easy to skip frames by miles.

Anyway;
On my hunt, at about 515 scraggy. Don't update my sig til I release all my hatches. Want. Green. Scrafty. >_<

TheMaster327

Congrats on the Poliwag, ChaChi!
My Steelix is levelling up nicely. It's currently Lv 62 with my planned moveset (still a way to go to catch up with my party!). I have added to my sig the tool required for my next MM hunt. If anyone has it, do not hesitate to drop me a PM/VM!

OT: How's this for a lulzy Double's moveset:

Pokemon #1: Steelix with Explosion (Focus Sash just in case)
Pokemon #2: Lickilicky with Me First plus a Normal Gem
Pokemon #3: Anything capable of dealing with last two opposing Pokemon
Pokemon #4: Anything capable of dealing with last two opposing Pokemon

First turn: Have Steelix use Explosion, have Lickilicky use Me First on Steelix. Hilarity ensues.

Note: This is not the moveset I have, nor do I plan to use it. It's just one I thought up!

Last edited:
Hatching Rhyhorn eggs away. Got a Japanese Rhyperior in a trade and breeding her with her son (o_O) for a shiny Rhyhorn. Masuda method has failed so far, but I'm not giving up...

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
Bleh. I'm bogged down with school work. I haven't been able to hatch more than fifteen eggs a day... And that's during my thirty minute unwinding time after school. Still working for my baby girl.
@corroed arceus- (I hope I spelled that right.) You're one lucky..... person. I'm none to happy with you... Two females?? Seriously! :"""(

Anyway. Good luck to everyone's hunts! Let's hope Eevee shines for me soon... My insanity is at its highest!

dazg

Sooooo happy I was trying to hatch a shiny eevee but i had to stop due to trying to build a team. I was looking to hatch a abra with a timid nature for a alakazam and there it was after 39 eggs one hatchs but it was..........shiney :O :D:D:D

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz to everyone who got their shiny.I'm still hatching for shiny Charmander.Egg count:976

Status
Not open for further replies.