• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMaster327

Congrats on the Ekans D2P5! My Tangela hunt will be starting tomorrow. The parents are now ready to be dumped in the Daycare! I will change the father if IV's are superior to the previous father, as I can control 2 IV's as opposed to 1 from the mother. Hence why I required a female foriegn DW Tangela! Wish me luck!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Me: Whyyyyy is this Mudkip taking so long?! Sigh...

*Crosses fingers*

Me: Please be today, please be today...

DS: Oh? *Doot Doot Doot Doot...*

*Shiny Mudkip hatches*

Me: O_O;

Anyways, as you can tell, my Shiny Mudkip has hatched after 1,237 eggs! It's a male, of course, with a Bashful nature. I called him Creme. He likes to run and has decent potential, with good Speed. He's also really cute! ^______^

I'm going for Drifloon next. I've always wanted a lovely golden balloon, and I'm hoping to get one soon! At least under 1,000 eggs... Seriously, five out of my nine MM hunts have been over 1,000! Anyways, good luck and congrats to all, especially 2rsa for your Charmander!

dan2point5

Congrats on shiny Mudkip! I'm thinking of going for one of those soon, I've already got the patents ready. But then again I've already got parents ready for 13 hunts now.

Good luck on Tangela hunt TheMaster327. Hopefully it's a nice short one after your mammoth Onix hunt!

Tommyb2405

got my Eevee parents ready :D female Jap and a Male Eng... hopefully this is a short hunt... although i do want 8 eevvee's hehe

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
Taking a well earned break from MM'ing on Black and decided to try to get my first soft-reset ever with lugia on Soul Silver.

I'm at 29 soft resets so far.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
At least under 1,000 eggs... Seriously, five out of my nine MM hunts have been over 1,000!

I'm just expecting you or someone else to make that into a shiny hunting meme of sorts ^-^

Anyways, I have taken a break from shiny hunting after that insanely quick hunt on Route 10, only 150 encounters before a shiny Bouffalant decided to show up!

I'm considering going for a shiny Munna again, or a Zorua...and I want to go to Mistralton Cave to start SRing.

abrar14

Statter Master
OMG

I found a shiny geodude

It has a bashfull nature
Ability is Sturdy
Iv's are 15-14-19-12-23-7

My shiny luck has been so good recently

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
Okay... I'm home with a knife in my side... AKA: I'm home sick with a mysterious pain in my side. Too painful to sleep, so I get my DS out to hatch. I'm all excited. Then I realized my Japanese Ditto is still in my Dream Team game... I'm hatching for a female Attack raised nature. This is a fast hatch, so I hope one will shine. ^^ Deerling really is adorable.
As soon as I finish my checklist, I will be moving my Ditto back to Eevee's. Unless... I take another small break like I did last summer, for my Zorua. NO. No. I need my Eevee...

got my Eevee parents ready :D female Jap and a Male Eng... hopefully this is a short hunt... although i do want 8 eevvee's hehe

I want to do a similar thing with my black game, but I can find anyone with anything other than an English version (which really isn't ver halpfull...)

Have any tips for finding people with other languaged versions? I really want to get a shiny Whimsicott :) It's so cute and one of my favorite V Generation Pokemon!! <3 :547:

Tommyb2405

Have any tips for finding people with other languaged versions? I really want to get a shiny Whimsicott :) It's so cute and one of my favorite V Generation Pokemon!! <3 :547:

All i did was put a level 1 oshawott in GTS and asked for an eevee haha. or you can search the GTS with the specific location :) although most of the time they ask for ridiculous things like level 9 and under Reshiram or something similar

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I'm starting a Shiny Hunt for Treecko. With some luck it shall come quickly.

If you have any normals I don't suppose you could please give me one per chance? If you want something from it, please let me know :).

I'm MMing for Cottonee - about 86(ish, I've lost count) so far and I'm restocking the PC :).

MewQueen

I have found a shiny Foongus in the wild, which look awesome because they are PURPLE! My favorite colour. I have shiny three legendary dogs, and am on my 300th egg for Masuda Mehtod Shiny Zorua. Good luck to you all!

images

Togetictoc

I'm no Fairy.
My boyfriend gave me his shiny Blissey for valentines day, and i hatched a shiny Pawniard a couple of days ago~
Now it's a lvl.100 Bisharp ^_^ Be-a-utiful.

thetifftiff

I've gotten 35 growlithes hatched in this batch, bringing me up to 335 of those and 1,935 total in my mulithunt.

I've also been running around the second floor of Dragonspiral Tower in White — both to level some things and in hopes of finding a shiny gollet. I'm not keeping strict track of the encounters, but I know it's at least a couple hundred based on the amount of PP that's been used.

i'vbe beemn hatching eggs so embarasingly slowly :$
around 160 hatched and at least 60 more in storage
must...shine...nooowww

Don't feel bad. There isn't a set rate to hatch at. I know I've been super slow since I restarted myself. Take your time, it isn't a race (well except those times that it is D: ).

All i did was put a level 1 oshawott in GTS and asked for an eevee haha. or you can search the GTS with the specific location :) although most of the time they ask for ridiculous things like level 9 and under Reshiram or something similar

Sometimes they just ask for normal reshiram too. For most things that's a high price, but that is how I got my DW eevee (which I will use for MMing when some other hunts are finished) and the one I traded them was junk anyway. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.