• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Forgot I was breeding for a gligar, o well, I don't really care about that. Currently going for a shiny bagon or one with a good nature and is flawless. Or both if I'm really lucky >.>

Edit: just got a shiny bagon. It's male with its dw ability, and jolly. To bad it had to have a -atk nature, otherwise i would have trained it to be a mixed sweeper. I got quite a few bagons with good iv's and natures though, i will just train one of those

Last edited:

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I decided to start mming for Metagross. I put sigilyph on hold. I have always wanted metagross but did not want to masuda it because of egg steps.

Shiny Lord

2200 Sandile hatched and still no shiny. I'm starting to lose hope.

Malmortius

Just restarted my pokemon white to start my hunt for shinies. I'm starting with Tepig. 5 days of SRing and nothing yet, but i'm not giving up. I've never gotten a shiny before so this will be exciting.

Oh, and im new here. Hi.

dan2point5

Welcome to the forum Malmortius! Hope you enjoy your time here. Good luck on your Tepig hunt. At times you might start to feel a little discouraged and get close to giving up but always keep going. I find coming on this page always motivates me when the hunts start to drag and I'm losing faith. Everyone here is always so encouraging so do come back often!

Good luck to everyone else this weekend too. I started a new hunt yesterday and managed a huge 210 eggs already! But think I might leave it for a few days and start training my new awesome shiny Ekans :)

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I've hatched about 116 MM eggs for Cottonee, it's difficult to believe if the method actually works..

..I'm not saying it isn't, it's just I don't really believe that it works....until I get the shiny Cottonee....ha ha all this for a cottonee :-D.

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
Just restarted my pokemon white to start my hunt for shinies. I'm starting with Tepig. 5 days of SRing and nothing yet, but i'm not giving up. I've never gotten a shiny before so this will be exciting.

Oh, and im new here. Hi.
hey there! was up? i hate hw it sucks.
i have hatched nearly 8 boxes now. releasinfg thems gona be fubn!(NOT!) seriously... Gamefreak, mass release!!

Malmortius

Hello again guys,

Still SRing for my shiny Tepig but nothing yet. I have a question.

How does this egg thing work? I understand part of it, except a few things like.. how do you amass a large amount of eggs to hatch in a row? How do you breed any pokemon that you'd like? What pokemon do you use?

Seems so.. complicated :( Can anyone give me a quick rundown on how-to? Once i get my shiny Tepig and start my new game i'd like to get into doing this. its a nice little hobby to relax with.

Dangertrout

Hello again guys,

Still SRing for my shiny Tepig but nothing yet. I have a question.

How does this egg thing work? I understand part of it, except a few things like.. how do you amass a large amount of eggs to hatch in a row? How do you breed any pokemon that you'd like? What pokemon do you use?

Seems so.. complicated :( Can anyone give me a quick rundown on how-to? Once i get my shiny Tepig and start my new game i'd like to get into doing this. its a nice little hobby to relax with.

it's not that complicated =) what some people like to do is collect the eggs from the daycare man and then put them in their PC to hatch later. You have to pay a little attention to how many you've grabbed from him, because he won't stop you to tell you he has an egg if your party is full.
Breeding pokemon just requires that you have a male and female from the same egg group. (or a pokemon + a ditto)
There are a few that can't breed, like babies (pichu, cleffa, etc) legendaries and some of the nidoran family. Also, ditto can't breed with other ditto.
If you use 2 pokemon from different language games, you increase your chance at hatching a shiny. The GTS can usually help you with this. When I offer things on the GTS, I'll usually get a japanese pokemon by my 6th trade. Hope that helps a little.

I'm still on my hunt for a shiny female bulbasaur to complete my pair. I've been slacking, only about 250 eggs hatched so far :p

MewQueen

I have a legit, shiny male, lax, foongus, lvl 23, up for trade!

Cool Boy

Be fearless
After 200 sr for my shiny treeko and 3 phochiana shinies O finelly found shiny treeko !!!!
It's modest nature not too bad but... I found shiny :)

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
After 200 sr for my shiny treeko and 3 phochiana shinies O finelly found shiny treeko !!!!
That's extreme luck for you to get 4 shinies in 200 SRs. Too bad you could only have one of them.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Wow congratz!
I wish i had more luck with SRing.:3
----------------------------------------
I know i was on a break but i really would love to get my shiny Feebas to hatch on my birthday so i'm gonna keep hatching eggs tomorrow.after that i can go on a break again.:3
Today i managed to EV train and level up my shiny Charizard and shiny Gyarados.i usually keep my shinies at level 50.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^^It's apparently a sign that Cool Boy has many more shinies to come, because the shiny frame for the save file is quite low, meaning more shinies. So I've been told.

Anyway, I've started off breeding for a Shiny Zorua, have collected 5 eggs to hatch later.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
awesome on the shiny treecko. i am at 400 sr's for shiny bulbasaur. Its quite funny, i have noticed that i talk about more other games more than my white version in this thread.

I have a question. After i got my shiny cyndaquil, i literally fell in love with soft reseting. I actually like it better than MM and RE. What is your favorite shiny method?

Status
Not open for further replies.