• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
can you sr the mewtwo event inorder to get a shiny??

No, you cannot. Most events can't be shiny at all unless given out shiny.

TheMaster327

70 Tangela eggs hatched, no news yet. Although I did find a decent male with max IVs in Attack and Sp. Defense (could be others, didn't bother visiting the Judge), so that is the new father...

Malmortius

So if you have a female ditto, and you breed it with any pokemon, you get an egg of the pokemon ditto bred with?

Malmortius

Oh, well is what i said true other than that?

richm88

shiny hunter
no need for me to finish my tepig hunt as i got a shiny one as a prize.what to do next....,maybe a shiny koffing

dewey911p

primus inter pares
Oh, well is what i said true other than that?

yes it is. regardless of what pokemon your breeding with and regardless of the gender, you will always get an egg for the non-ditto pokemon. In fact, there are some pokemon that can only be breed with a ditto, like Tauros and Magnamite. Obviously this only applies to pokemon that can breed, so no legendary pokemon, Unown, other dittos, etc. Im sure you knew that, but just in case :p

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
270 Feebas eggs hatched so far.this time i decided to stick with collecting a box of eggs and SR to fill another one.hopefully i'll get a short hunt this time.:3
Good luck to all the shiny hunters out there!

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
no need for me to finish my tepig hunt as i got a shiny one as a prize.what to do next....,maybe a shiny koffing

Congratulations! Good luck with the next one - The same goes for everyone else!! Let's get some!

MewQueen

Got a shiny male, lax foongus, level 32. If you are interested, PM me

||Caboose||

Precision.
I haven't been here in months, but here is my two latest shinies. Pineco was hatched in white, and Tepig is my starter in black. I got Pineco today and Tepig Friday.

v8peU.jpg
S3UpT.jpg

TrainerLandon0504

Grass PKMN Trainer
I haven't posted on here in many months (having encountered a few shinies since my last post), but I felt a need to post now of my recent MM'd shiny, Bulbasaur. Being part of a three pokemon MM rotation (Spiritomb, and Snivy being the other two), I hatched first 1,000 of each, then 500 of each. However, as I was hatching through my Bulbasaur eggs, my shiny finally appeared at egg 334; making that a total of 1,334 eggs for Bulbasaur specifically, but a grand total of 4,334 eggs overall hatched to reach this shiny. The rest of my previous encountered shinies have their own stories as well, but seeing as Bulbasaur has, and always will be my fav. PKMN, I decided to post an update on my shiny "travels". As my find was on the 15th of this month, my Bulbasaur has been evolved to Venasaur, but here are a few pic.'s of him and his stats...

Edit: Couldn't get the pic.'s uploaded at the moment, but I will asap...

Malmortius

how would i go about getting a ditto from another country to do MM? :p

That's gotta be one of the worst reasons for losing a shiny that I've ever heard. Kudos for continuing though.

I'm at 1200 SR's for Lugia... with no end in sight.

I know. I was mad at myself. But I was tired and bored and I had this system going so I was probably going to miss it anyway. :/ Still SRing for it. I'm at about... 5000 in total.

Edit: You'd have to go to the GTS and look for a foreign one. What I did was enter Japan as the location and put Ditto as the pokemon I wanted. I got the Japanese ditto for a ditto :p

Last edited:

Hooligan

Shiny Hunter
After many moons of lurkin, I will finally participate!
Recently hatched a shiny golett!
Now starting a gen 4 hunt; going for darkrai and shaymin!

thetifftiff

I hatched 25 more growlithe and stored a box full of stunky in Black and did an hour of REing in Dragonspiral Tower with nothing new. My multi hunt is nearing 2,000 eggs. I'm not going to hold my breath, but maybe that means I'm close. (Munna took 2086.)

That's true, but sometimes people in Japan will be trading away english pokemon they traded for. You need to pay attention to the OT of the pokemon more than the location you're trading from.
The reason I go for japanese pokemon over french is it's easier to pick out japanese OTs. Even if they use english names, the characters are spaced a little differently from other games.

Well if it's from an older gen it triggers a foreign dex entry, but point taken. :p

After many moons of lurkin, I will finally participate!
Recently hatched a shiny golett!
Now starting a gen 4 hunt; going for darkrai and shaymin!

Congrats. Golett's a pretty ghosty. <3 Good luck with your fourth gen hunts.

Malmortius

Sigh. 5 days of trying to get this shiny Tepig. Im getting discouraged a little bit, but the way i see it is.. i must be getting close. Must have done 2-3k SRs up to now.

Neji-and-Pidgeot

I am at 205 beldum eggs with nothing to show. I will switch between beldum and sigilyph and see which one shines first.

Status
Not open for further replies.