• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
Currently hunting tepig for my lil sis, after that I'm going to go for shelmet I think.

Cool Boy

Be fearless
My brother found shiny zigzagon ^_^

Malmortius

Holy sheet guys my FIRST SHINY, after 6 days of SRing, i finally got my shiny Tepig. Which means i can start my shiny hunting game for real :)

So damn happy to have finally got it.

Myawesomeshiny.jpg

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Tepig was my first 5th gen shiny too! Although I hatched mine... I gave up SRing :(

Pokea X

Butt Kicker
My first shiny Pokemon was a shiny swarm Shuppet in White. You know, discounting the Red Gyarados that EVERYBODY who's play G,S,C,HG,or SS has caught. I got a shiny Terrakion in a trade for my Volcarona, though I got back Volcarona by trading the dude a Zorua or something. I later traded the shiny Terrakion for a level 82 Reshiram, and so I now have the entire Tao Trio. Hope I find another shiny soon!

Sprat93

Gunna MM for a shiny Charmander as I love a Dark Charizard wish me luck please XD

MewQueen

Im masudaing for a shiny Zorua... any tips on how to make the time go by faster? Btw, I have a Lax male lvl23 foongus! PM me if interested

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I collected 7 boxes of eggs gonna start hatching them tonight.good luck to all you.^-^

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
My hunts are not working and are all at upwards of 7,500 MM..... I am moving on to greener pastures -_-

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
well im back to storing ze eggs. got 80 or so stored. happy family day to those celbrating!! i need two shinies from my hunt. hmmm....can u guess what it is ?o_O o_O
grrrr...shinies shud be easier to get! lol jkjk

dan2point5

Congrats on shiny Tepig! Glad you're hard work paid off.

Just managed to hatch shiny Cyndaquil! I'm having so much luck lately! 278 eggs this time. Ever since I changed my stocking technique all my hunts have been under 500 eggs. Maybe this is my games way of saying sorry for giving me the 8,443 hunt haha.

I just got my 1st shiny ever :D I was using the masuda method and was honestly about to give up because of how many eggs I hatched and suddenly I got a shiny cottonee ^^ This is one of my favourite 5th gen shinies along with solosis. I was so happy. Seriously, I'm one of the people who never run into shinies in the wild and I've finally got one :)

I just got my 1st shiny ever :D I was using the masuda method and was honestly about to give up because of how many eggs I hatched and suddenly I got a shiny cottonee ^^ This is one of my favourite 5th gen shinies along with solosis. I was so happy. Seriously, I'm one of the people who never run into shinies in the wild and I've finally got one :)

Congrats on the shiny cottonee :), how many eggs do you think it took? And congrats for the person who got the shiny tepig :D.

So far for my shiny vulpix hunt I have about 900 RE. I know its still early to be expecting a shiny but I'm glad that I've made decent progress. I'm kinda expecting to find a shiny chimeco first considering the sheer number of them that I have run into, but I'm not leaving this route until I get a shiny vulpix, noctowl and petilil :D

Last edited:

richm88

shiny hunter
starting a shinybeldum hunt,made about 20eggs and only hatched one,those damn eggs takes ages to hatch even when carrying a flame body pkmn.i think il probly give in if i get a flawless/near flawless beldum as im using a flawless jap ditto

xdGaledarkLugia001

legendary_hunter
Not to sound like a noob on this thread, but explain the masuda method and what RE is. im one of the losers thats only caught the red gyrados and got lucky once in a swarm of seedot on emerald. -.-

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
Well, masuda method is the pairing of two pokemon foriegn to one another to increase the chance of obtaining a shiny, which in bw is sixfold.
Re just means random encounter. You go and run around on a route to find a shiny

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Not to sound like a noob on this thread, but explain the masuda method and what RE is. im one of the losers thats only caught the red gyrados and got lucky once in a swarm of seedot on emerald. -.-

Masuda Method is when you breed Pokemon from two different language versions of the game (ex: French and English, Japanese and Spanish, etc); this increases the odds of the hatched Pokemon being shiny.

RE just means random encountering, so it's basically running around in grass fighting Pokemon until you see a shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.