• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrufox86

Congrats on shiny Tepig! Glad you're hard work paid off.

Just managed to hatch shiny Cyndaquil! I'm having so much luck lately! 278 eggs this time. Ever since I changed my stocking technique all my hunts have been under 500 eggs. Maybe this is my games way of saying sorry for giving me the 8,443 hunt haha.

Congratulations! i have been hatching so many Cyndaquil myself and still no shiny. I have hatched around 500 eggs now. What is your stocking technique?

thetifftiff

I got 25 growlithe and 15 vulpix hatched today. That's 400 and 315 of those two respectively and 2,015 in the entire multi hunt.

I feel like I'm slacking. :c

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
Quick question about soft-resetting for shinies;

Do I have to keep my ds on day in day out while I SR or am I allowed to turn it off and retry a little more each day?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone else.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Quick question about soft-resetting for shinies;

Do I have to keep my ds on day in day out while I SR or am I allowed to turn it off and retry a little more each day?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone else.

You can do it either way. It doesn't really affect anything to leave the game on and visa versa.

Sabconth

Kanto Ranger
After 1511 SR's, shiny Lugia appears;

Here's the vid of the capture.

Shinylugia.jpg

I'm so glad that didn't take too long to finish. Some guy on youtube went through 17,000 soft resets before he got his.

Definitely trying for Ho-oh, but probably not anytime soon :D

Hydri said:
Brand new shiny news- I just found my 2nd legit shiny in HG today! Shiny Tangela....

Nice! Tangela's got a bodacious shiny coloring.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
tumblr_lzqkhkvfej1qcdjtso1_500.jpg

Eevee Number 5 hatched after 917 eggs. I was really excited when this hatched thinking it had Anticipation, but it actually has Adaptability. Oh well, just 2 more to go!

dan2point5

The forums are buzzing with new shinies lately!

Congrats on Lugia! Glad the hunt didn't go too long for you. SRing can be such a pain!

Congrats on Tangela! Was it a complete random find? Those ones are the best, just completely unexpected.

Congrats on your FIFTH shiny Eevee! I stand and applaud your dedication on hunting all shiny eeveelutions! The fact you've MM'd all of them as opposed to maybe chaining them makes the feat so much more spectacular. Hopefully these last 2 come to you quickly.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
After 1511 SR's, shiny Lugia appears;

Here's the vid of the capture.

Shinylugia.jpg

I'm so glad that didn't take too long to finish. Some guy on youtube went through 17,000 soft resets before he got his.

Definitely trying for Ho-oh, but probably not anytime soon :D

Nice! Tangela's got a bodacious shiny coloring.

Thats wierd....my shiny Lugia had the same nature AND characteristic 0_o.
But congrats anyway :)

Tommyb2405

Looking for a Dratini/Dragonaire... Lvl 50 Dratini appears and Scald takes it out :( ahh well... plenty more to catch haha.

Edit: In one hit may i add haha. OH MY... Dragonaire just popped up :O

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
After many moons of lurkin, I will finally participate!
Recently hatched a shiny golett!
Now starting a gen 4 hunt; going for darkrai and shaymin!

Why is it everyone else has gotten a shiny Golett except me?! Blast you, you little robo-ghost! Don't you know how much I'll love you when you appear before me shiny?! Don't you know how spoiled you'll be?! ARGH!!! :rages and throws world-ending fit: :mad:

J/K. Congrats on the shiny Golett! I do envy you a little, though. My MM shiny hunt with Golett isn't going so well--2,035 eggs and still nothing. I'll keep trying: "Eight months for Roselia--you can do this!" has become my MM motto.

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
storing eggs got about 140 stored up. gonna strore 130 more. i think ill try this resetting after every 3 boxes thing. just for something new.
also congrats on that lugiah of urs. and tangela and eevee etc
sooo sleepy. anyone have a jap cranidos with max attc or speed?

Last edited:

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I'm @ 480 eggs for my Feebas.I'll be storing 180 eggs before starting to hatch again.
congratz to all the hunters with their new shiny.^-^

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I've started hatching for a shiny Feebas in my UK Black, as shiny Milotic is a shiny I've always wanted - and daddy Milotic has wonderful IV's, so I'm hoping he'll pass them down to his shiny children (and hopefully the best of mummy Milotic's IV's; who was just a random female Feebas that I caught in my Japanese Black). I've only hatched 40 eggs so far.

But I'm trying to complete my Pokedex in UK Black (and do the 50 trades, so I can get my extra master ball), so I'm hoping to run into a random shiny along the way.

And also, in Leaf Green this evening I received a shiny Porygon after 6818 soft resets in the game corner. It's such a beautiful shiny. *__*

Video: Shiny Porygon

Not many people seem to hunt for shiny Porygon in 3rd gen games, most ofd the ones I've seen on youtube have been in HG/SS.

Malmortius

Do any of you guys have a ditto from a language region so i can start MMing? I can't trade for one in the global trade until i see one, which sucks :(

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
i did nothing today except ply elder scrolls 5 skyrim. i am a disgrace 2 all shinyhunters.

i feel dirty :'( shamne on me...

Last edited:

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
Thought I'd re-attempt to breed myself a competitive Venusaur and thought as a shortcut I'd try my luck finding some 31IV'd ones on the GTS.
Instead I found a shiny Bulbasaur for my old nonEV'd playthrough Eelecktross.

Definitely very happy right now. It's UT level 1, but is unfortunately Impish.

Last edited:

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
So I was MMing for a Venonat, but I decided to take a break after about 350 eggs. Instead I began training on route 13. After grinding quite senselessly, I look down to see:
WQ83s.jpg

This beautiful shiny Golbat, henceforth known as Momo, is modest nature~. I'll have to get creative with its moveset and EVs. But this is only my 3rd shiny I've ever obtained on my own (after an Aipom in Emerald and a Cyndaquil in SoulSilver) so I'm very happy =)

Status
Not open for further replies.