• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well, for the other hunters (especially cocoadragon and dan2.5), I wish you all a good night/evening/afternoon (wherever time zone you are) and I wish you all greatness and luck in your hunts.

P.S I have nickname ideas too. I will hunt heavily during the England V France match, my shiny will be named Lampard/Cole/Gerrard/Young, one of the four, for obvious reasons. If, however, the shiny is a Cyndaquil, I will name it Gerard, in reference to the lead singer from My Chemical Romance, as he used to have awesome red hair.

Anyways, good luck!

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats on recent shinies, and good luck on everyone's hunts.

Well I'm up to 8,330 pokemon seen in my LG game corner hunt. I want this hunt to end soon, although it's going pretty quick. Did 1,000 yesterday, gonna do some more tonight. After this I'll either resume Ho-oh or resume my Eevee MM hunt, which remains at a measly 150 eggs (I hate Masuda Method).

Last edited:
I recently discovered that this shiny female charizard I got isn't an english charizard. I thought it was nicknamed with the name GLURAK. It turns out the Chairzard is GERMAN. That makes it even better! :D

StingrayKurt

Unbelievable! Nice German black charizard!

Masuda method has been the quickest way for me to obtain shinies the only thing to get around is that it's pretty boring, but when it shines it's yours and there's no chance that you ko it or it some how gets away.

Unbelievable! Nice German black charizard!

Masuda method has been the quickest way for me to obtain shinies the only thing to get around is that it's pretty boring, but when it shines it's yours and there's no chance that you ko it or it some how gets away.

So far, I only got one Pokemon using the Masuda Method, and that's Zoura...after about 20 or so eggs! I was aiming for another female Zoura, but it hatched shiny instead of female! :D

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
So far, I only got one Pokemon using the Masuda Method, and that's Zoura...after about 20 or so eggs! I was aiming for another female Zoura, but it hatched shiny instead of female! :D

That's how I got my shiny Houndoom - I was trying for a certain nature (MM'ing, of course, because that's how I do all of my breeding if I can), and got a shiny after only TWO eggs!!! I thought I held the record for shortest MM on Serebii, but then someone else got a shiny Kabuto after only one egg! So unless I'm mistaken, I think I have the second-shortest MM :)

That's how I got my shiny Houndoom - I was trying for a certain nature (MM'ing, of course, because that's how I do all of my breeding if I can), and got a shiny after only TWO eggs!!! I thought I held the record for shortest MM on Serebii, but then someone else got a shiny Kabuto after only one egg! So unless I'm mistaken, I think I have the second-shortest MM :)

Wish I had a shiny Houndoom...but I was suprised to see on the forums that people hatch thousands of eggs just to get one shiny! I though maybe I just got lucky with the shiny Zoura.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
...you guys do realise that anything under 10k is a reasonable hunt for any SR/RE target that isn't a roamer? I really wish some of you would stop complaining over such tiny amounts. (eg 6000 and less)

Anywho, I ended up getting my Cresselia after about 9895 srs. She has a quiet nature, which isn't too shabby. I transfered her to black, and maybe I'll post some pictures of her if people are interested.

I then got a shiny Dratini from the game corner in Firered after just 1200~ srs, which was really lucky and awesome. She's not in Black yet.

I'm now working on Squirtle in LeafGreen, but because I'm busy with uni, I've only done 1810 srs. It should pick up after I finish exams, though.

Good luck to the patient hunters here!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
i will take your advise but i dont ever remember complain so maybe that wasnt said to me

but anyway i hope your squirtle shines im nearing 5500 starters seen
GLE else!!

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Why waste so much time Reseting when you can just RNG?

Because RNG takes the thrill out of shiny-hunting for a lot of people. Part of what makes it exciting is never knowing if your next RE, SR, or MM is going to produce your shiny!

Because RNG takes the thrill out of shiny-hunting for a lot of people. Part of what makes it exciting is never knowing if your next RE, SR, or MM is going to produce your shiny!

You took the words right out of my mouth XD

Im pretty sure there's the same kinda thrill in RNG'ing. Just cause the program says you're supposed to get it does'nt mean you will............................

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
Im pretty sure there's the same kinda thrill in RNG'ing. Just cause the program says you're supposed to get it does'nt mean you will............................

then why rng if you can reset and get the same outcome and rng is so long and complicated and waste of good time ? :p

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Please just don't argue about RNG in here. This arguement has been made before, and the same answer is always made. But either way people have their preferences, I for one hate RNG because it takes any sort of rarity out of a shiny. I don't care if it's quicker and it's considered legit. It destroys the 1/8192 odds of shiny hunting. This is why I'm also against chaining. So please people just don't argue about it in here.

Martinzqx

2012-06-11_01-30-16_598-1111.jpg

Hooray! Shiny Elekid Hatched after 371 eggs! Not a bad nature. I could work with this. Hooray=]

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Couldn't stay away from the gts with the luck I have been having. Ended up getting a shiny Panpour lv. 1 (Love the ice blue) for an Entei.

I gathered up another batch for my multi hunt and when all these are hatched, I will be sitting at 240. I also plan on MMing Snivy since I really want to have a shiny starter in Black 2. Hopefully I get it in time :p

Within the past few hours, i got a shiny heatmor, octilllary, sableye, zebstrika, garbador, and slugma all from one person! I couldnt believe it! The shiny Slugma is one of the most beautiful shinies ive ever seen!

aria_yue

Just started my first MM shiny hunt ever! Reading all these posts motivated me. Hoping to get my shiny Deerling soon, but I suspect it'll be a while since I just passed my first 150 eggs hatched. :3

Good luck to everyone hunting today!

StingrayKurt

What you need to do is set a goal for yourself to hatch an x number of eggs per day. I set my goal at 60 eggs a day during the week and 90 eggs a day on the weekend including Friday. So far by doing this I have got a shiny very weekend and this weekend I so happened to get two!
Good luck on getting your deerling!

Status
Not open for further replies.