• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
Lucky 1st Gen Ash Ketchum hat? Check.
Bags packed? Check.
Two fully charged DS Lites? Double check.
Eight hour car ride in front of me? Most definitely.

All right Lillipup! Let's get hatching!! Lol. Sorry guys. I'm super excited for the next two weeks. All the time I want to devote to Pokemon. Can't really do much in a car. I can't really chain in the car, so hatching for my Lillipup is the next best option. Hopefully, at my rest stop, I'll have a bright and shiny Lillipup to report. ^^

Good luck to everyone else! Hopefully I'll be able to get my Lillipup numbers over 100 eggs today. Should be pretty easy, with the fast hatch time.

needsalimegreenespeon signing off! See ya~

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
My damn 3DS froze again,I should just stick to getting shinies from trades and events,seeing as I won't be able to complete a MM with the damn freezes...

If you store mass amounts of eggs at a time then it shouldn't be an issue since the shininess is determined when you recieve the egg. You would just have to save every once in a while after you've collected some eggs.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Started my Safari Week hunt today in SoulSilver.

I've never had a shiny fail, so hopefully a shiny doesnt flee from me...

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Approaching 1,600 eggs for my shiny Houndour Masuda Method hunt - ugh.

I know it's 1:1,366, but I'd love to see him be blue any minute now. The problem is, I don't have that "feeling" that one's going to be shiny soon. Maybe it's because I haven't seen one and I've passed the "expected" mark that I think it's just not going to happen, but I just don't know why it doesn't feel right.

Anyone else Masuda a shiny Pokemon past 1,366 eggs that can shed some light or a few words of encouragement?

In any regard, I'll keep pushing!!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Approaching 1,600 eggs for my shiny Houndour Masuda Method hunt - ugh.

I know it's 1:1,366, but I'd love to see him be blue any minute now. The problem is, I don't have that "feeling" that one's going to be shiny soon. Maybe it's because I haven't seen one and I've passed the "expected" mark that I think it's just not going to happen, but I just don't know why it doesn't feel right.

Anyone else Masuda a shiny Pokemon past 1,366 eggs that can shed some light or a few words of encouragement?

In any regard, I'll keep pushing!!
Don't give up.My first MM hunt witch was also my first attempt to hunt shinies took me over 2000 eggs.When you get that first shiny you won't feel this way anymore.

Last edited:

Master Leo

The Dark Side
My shiny Axew to 2,400+ eggs. I was ready to give up hope, 1: because it was only my 2nd MM hunt and it taking so long and 2: because the eggs took forever to hatch.

I kept quitting and restarting the hunt. One day I figured I would try it one last time. I hatched my last box of eggs and on the very last egg, the shiny hatched. Needless to say, I ran through the house cheering.

Basically, its better in the end to just stick it out. You'll feel better when it finally does hatch because you put some real work into it. At times it may seem like you've had enough or that its just not worth it, but its in these times that you push through to the end :D

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
My shiny Axew to 2,400+ eggs. I was ready to give up hope, 1: because it was only my 2nd MM hunt and it taking so long and 2: because the eggs took forever to hatch.

I kept quitting and restarting the hunt. One day I figured I would try it one last time. I hatched my last box of eggs and on the very last egg, the shiny hatched. Needless to say, I ran through the house cheering.

Basically, its better in the end to just stick it out. You'll feel better when it finally does hatch because you put some real work into it. At times it may seem like you've had enough or that its just not worth it, but its in these times that you push through to the end :D

This. This makes me want to continue on my mudkip hunt

Larv

<- Current Hunt
My Charmander which hatched on May 31st took 3,404 eggs. That is my longest hunt ever. I guess you have to realize the shinies do come eventually. My last 3 hunts and current hunt have gone over 1,000 eggs. Some people are just luckier than others. Anyways i'm at 1,300 scyther eggs and have about 10 boxes that I need to hatch still. Good luck YNCRN don't give up. Good luck to everyone else also.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
So I am currently at 625 encounters on route 12 in white with no shiny as of yet. I have also paused my egg hatching but hopefully when I start it back up one of my like 15 eggs left will greet me with a blue ralts :)

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Still working on my shiny Dratini hunt. Got another box of eggs that I'm in the middle of hatching. No luck... but I did get a shiny Kabutops off of the GTS last night :). So that gives me more incentive to not give up on the shiny Dratini hunt.

@ Larv: Congrats on that shiny Scyther :)!

Last edited:

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
Oh God my impatience is killing me. I'm only on 550 Slowpokes and I'm re-losing the spark I had near the beginning of the month. Seriously, most of you have had hunts that have taken ages, and here's me on the first stretch. How do you guys keep yourself interested in your hunts?

Edit: Ok, I'm pausing the Slowpoke hunt to restart the Gastly hunt I had started alongside Slowpoke. I'm hatching the eggs I have saved from the dual hunt earlier in the month. Wish me Luck :)

Last edited:

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
1000 encounters into soulsilver safari zone

Larv

<- Current Hunt
OMG! Yes! Egg 1,518 is a Shiny Scyther. Everstone didn't work so it has an Impish nature and it's also female. Still have more boxes left to hatch. I will start my Chimchar hunt sometime tomorrow. Good luck to everyone don't give up!

dan2point5

Good luck on all your hunts peeps. Hopefully this turns out to be a lucky week for us all.

Just hit 1,200 eggs without success and managed to box up 150 more. Fingers crossed it's close, wanna get this quest back on the move.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
OMG! Yes! Egg 1,518 is a Shiny Scyther. Everstone didn't work so it has an Impish nature

Impish is a great Nature for Scizor, unless you don't want to evolve that Scyther......

Now that I've finished training a few of my recently obtained Pokemon, I can continue my MM hunt for Relicanth. Still only 105 eggs, would be a great luck if I got it before 500 eggs again like my other MM shinies lol

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Just hit 1,000 encounters in my Safari Week hunt in Soulsilver. I am hunting in the desert part which includes Onix, Magnemite, Machop, and the one I want most, Kangashkan.

Unlimited steps in SS/HG Safari Zone really helps the hunt go by fast :)

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I've put my Mudkip hunt on hold for a bit to attempt my first RE hunt. Any suggestions? :)

I like all of the shinies in Chargestone Cave and Dragonspiral Tower. Giant Chasm also has some really cool shinies, especially the area with Metang (I love my shiny Metagross to death).

Status
Not open for further replies.