• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
hmm this hunt is going to be one of my favorite lol if it doesnt go over 20k that is lol will be my first shiny legendary and it will be for b/w 2 so i wont have to sr kyurem in that up to 400 srs

Pilpulp

美的
also, WHY did they have to put a free guaranteed Shiny Haxorus into the game....
I don't mind a free guaranteed Shiny Gible, since a Shiny Garchomp is never valuable to begin with thanks to its stupid shiny color, but Shiny Haxorus is one of the most valuable shinies so far......and now the value just dropped down to the bottom of the sea.

Oh well. So now we have 4 worthless shines? Garydos, Haxorus, Dratini, Gible. I don't have many shinies, Milotic from VGC and Eevee from VGC I think. But I plan to get lots or SR Legends in BW2

richm88

shiny hunter
please explain to me how gible is worthless? do you know how good garchomp is competitively? as dratini once it is dragonite can be pretty good too.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
please explain to me how gible is worthless? do you know how good garchomp is competitively? as dratini once it is dragonite can be pretty good too.
I doubt they meant worthless competitively. But it's shiny form will definitely be common and nowhere near as valuable/rare as it was before.

tyranitarenthusiast

i caught a shiny within my first 10hours of playing pokemon EVER
now i know people hate me for it
but..
it was...
A FREAKING YELLOW MAGIKARP!!!!! grrrrrr
out of all the pokemon
even if it became gyrados it would be even more worthless

but
my friend's little bro is obsessed with me cause i told him how to beat one of the games so he hooked me up with a bunch of shiny pokemon

my shines:
shiny arceus
shiny kyogre
shiny ho-oh
shiny deoxys
shiny pikachu
(and shiny gyrados and shiny magikarp)
plus gave me 20 master balls

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
Oh well. So now we have 4 worthless shines? Garydos, Haxorus, Dratini, Gible. I don't have many shinies, Milotic from VGC and Eevee from VGC I think. But I plan to get lots or SR Legends in BW2

Dont forget the korean VCG Volcarona and the european VGC Larvitar

^ Shiny Arceus is hacked

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
u have such nice shinies spheals ftw

mogan3

Wanna trade
i am bout to go on a shiny hunt which pokemon should i try for

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
Hacked.

Shiny Deoxys is quite difficult to obtain.

Really?

Not to mention the legit looking ones can be hacked. Damn that OT of SACHA.
I recently got a shiny japanese Mew,It was from a trade shop here but cant be too careful,dont want this one to end up like that Deoxys...

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Shiny Arceus could be semi legit.There are also semi legit Reshiram/Zekrom/Victini.There is a tiny difference between hacked pokemon and semi legit pokemons.

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
Shiny Arceus could be semi legit.There are also semi legit Reshiram/Zekrom/Victini.There is a tiny difference between hacked pokemon and semi legit pokemons.

IMHO,Due to the Azure flute having the Genesect factor of being known but unreleased still makes me think Shiny Arceus is a complete hack...

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
how many SRs kninja?

Shiny Supercow

S*ck My PokeBalls
Hatched 2 more boxes today. Currently at 510 non shiny Porygon.
I hope Porygon turns blue soon, don't really feel like hitting the 1k mark.

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
how many SRs kninja?

I paused briefly for some trade but I resumed @ 250

Ugh,No one is active on the hack check thread,If my Friggin IPS wasn't blocking Pokecheck I could run a legality analysis on it...

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter

What IS the difference? I don't really get how something can be 'semi-legit'....surely, just by defintion, that makes it non-legit?

Master Leo

The Dark Side
What IS the difference? I don't really get how something can be 'semi-legit'....surely, just by defintion, that makes it non-legit?

Example: For a pokemon that has a shiny lock on it, some people just use a cheat code to lift the shiny lock and then SR for the pokemon like normal. Making it Semi-Legit.

Non-legit is when people just use a cheat code to make a pokemon automatically shiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.