• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Thanks for the wishes of good luck. Chimchar still refuses to shine though. I'm now at 10,550 soft resets. I saw someone on youtube whose shiny Chimchar took them just over 13,900 soft resets. I hope mine doesn't take longer than that...

I found a female Snorunt in the Dream World today; so I may try breeding for a shiny one with its DW ability at some point.

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
Today I am continuing my MMing hunt for trubbish. I currently have less than 30 eggs/hatched and so I really need to step up my game or have a quick hunt :/

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Thanks for the wishes of good luck. Chimchar still refuses to shine though. I'm now at 10,550 soft resets. I saw someone on youtube whose shiny Chimchar took them just over 13,900 soft resets. I hope mine doesn't take longer than that...

I found a female Snorunt in the Dream World today; so I may try breeding for a shiny one with its DW ability at some point.

Do you want to race? Your Chimchar in D/P/Pt and my Bulbasaur in LG since we are around the same amount of SR's. You are ahead by 50.

Ha ha very funny. But seriously it wasn't MMed.
You just posted 6 posts about he same Shiny in 2 pages. Do you just ignore that the title says: 'Post once per page only!'?

Anyways, after a total of 2.5 hours of running in Dark grass with Illuminate in Giant Chasm on Pokémon White, i still don't got a Shiny

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
You just posted 6 posts about he same Shiny in 2 pages. Do you just ignore that the title says: 'Post once per page only!'?

Anyways, after a total of 2.5 hours of running in Dark grass with Illuminate in Giant Chasm on Pokémon White, i still don't got a Shiny

To be completely honest, that rule is largely ignored nowadays.

StingrayKurt

Hey everyone my luck has completely changed after hatching my shiny yanma last night I started SRing for a Shiny Landorus and on my 88th SR that baby shined!!! Whooooo!! Im so happy right now! Heres a link to my channel, it should be the first video on my feed.. http://www.youtube.com/user/kurtmalburg?feature=mhee
Enjoy the video guys please subscribe,like, or comment! You can also watch all my other shiny encounters on my channel as well!
I cant wait for October 7th to come and I can transfer my landorus over to be the wild cat!

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Just caught shiny sandile of all shiny pokemon sadness descends upon me. Any other shiny would have been better. I am going on a Shiny Sandshrew hunt!
Grats! Shiny Sandile is awesome in my opinion... just don't evolve it.

2.5 hours is nothing compared to what a lot of people have been though :p

Hey everyone my luck has completely changed after hatching my shiny yanma last night I started SRing for a Shiny Landorus and on my 88th SR that baby shined!!! Whooooo!! Im so happy right now! Heres a link to my channel, it should be the first video on my feed.. http://www.youtube.com/user/kurtmalburg?feature=mhee
Enjoy the video guys please subscribe,like, or comment! You can also watch all my other shiny encounters on my channel as well!
I cant wait for October 7th to come and I can transfer my landorus over to be the wild cat!
Wow, congrats o___o 88 SRs is so quick... I'm jealous D: And you caught it on your first Quickball I believe :p

StingrayKurt

yup first quickball!First ball in general! its crazy! Im so lucky!!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Nice Landorus there! That will look amazing in it's Therian forme.

Speaking of SRing, I should get back to my SS BQ Hunt. I dunno when it will end, well over 2,100 SRs.

StingrayKurt

thanks Aquaregisteel! Im very much looking forward to Therian form! did you check out my vid on youtube?

Sayonara

Aurea Lanistae
How do you guys stock up eggs when MMing? Do you take the first egg the daycare man gives you and put it in a box, or do you wait until you have all five and then put them in a box?

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
How do you guys stock up eggs when MMing? Do you take the first egg the daycare man gives you and put it in a box, or do you wait until you have all five and then put them in a box?

After 5 eggs.natrually.
I'm @ 180 eggs for Eevee.Hopefully this won't be one of those long hunts!
Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

StingrayKurt

i dont store them I start biking with the eggs as soon as I receive them and once 2-3 of them hatch i deposit them. The daycare man is never waiting on me to give me more eggs that way and I dont waste any time getting more eggs while hatching the ones I already received.

Postponing my shiny treecko hunt and starting a new one- Gible

Status
Not open for further replies.