• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny Supercow

S*ck My PokeBalls
Alright.
Since one day it will hopefully go to a 5th Gen. (or 6th?) remake of Ruby/Sapphire, I am gladly elated to tell I've encountered 1 other shiny on Emerald besides my old Abra, possibly the hardest version to get shinies.

I found orange Zigzagoon after newly getting the GOOD ROD and before the tall grass impass to bikes. This is under a new save file on E.
It's Lonely natured, and judging by the hard-to-tell 3rd gen stats, I think it excels on Speed. Am I wrong, and what are the Stat benefits of 'Lonely'?
So I possibly wish to give it some offensive two-turn moves since it'd be so fast. Level 24, with that Speed stat being 39, the highest of others.

It's caught in a Premier Ball and female. My 10-digit nickname for it is "Joli-Tiger", since it's striped-orange like a tiger & a certain Dreamworks kung-fu tiger is voiced by a Ms. Joli. (Man, I could really have that last name wrong. Jolie maybe? Oh Official Name-rater!)
But another fine name may have been a name that's a spin on LazyBoy Furniture since Zigzagoon is a raccoon. So I was thinking "LazyGirlSofa" but I guess you can see what's wrong with that & I really wanted to use all ten digits.

You want a picture?
And comments please, I'm excited.

Nice find! My first shiny was a Linoone on Saphire :)

Offtopic; lonely nature is +att -def. And if you're really going to use him on wi-fi and stuff, you should give him the belly drum + rest combo or something like that and max out on speed EV's.

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
Nice find! My first shiny was a Linoone on Saphire :)

Offtopic; lonely nature is +att -def. And if you're really going to use him on wi-fi and stuff, you should give him the belly drum + rest combo or something like that and max out on speed EV's.

Nice advice! Thanks.

Currently thinking of having her fight bunches of Solrock and wild Nuzleaf with a Seviper here and there, all around in that general area on the outskirts of Fallarbor.
And I checked on the earnings from Spinda and Skarmory but they didn't meet my needs where I could have filled my SootSack and gotten rich items.

Urmille

Budding shiny hunter
Started MM'ing for a shiny Audino. I think I have hatched about 65+ eggs today, hopefully at this rate it won't take too long! I really don't have the patience to hatch 700+ eggs.

FusionKT

*cough*
just got a japanese ditto from a trade so know i can start MM ing anything :D i decided to start with a lit wick and so far I've got about 16 eggs with no luck

Shazdar

Why is blue?
I am MMing my snivy still no luck forgot how many egg i have done and also 4 in a row have had the same nature! Strange.

dan2point5

Just finished stocking up 10 boxes of eggs. After I've hatched these my total will stand at 3,000 so fingers crossed one of them is shiny.

Congrats on the latest shinies and good luck over the weekend.

VainAttempts

Marsh Trainer
Since I have no way of obtaining foreign Pokemon due to me having WPA (I have a DS lite), I could only get shinies with RE's and SR's. I'm going to try to land myself a shiny Tepig in Pokemon Black since I restarted.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I've found a calculator to count up SRs easier, so I've just hit 6,765 Starters seen. Getting it back on track again, hopefully I'll get a shiny before 6,999 Starters seen.

StingrayKurt

Dan2point5 I feel you will finally put this slugma hunt to rest, I think you will finally find your shiny in one of those ten boxes! To the person who got their shiny Snivy on egg 25 wow that's exciting! It looks to be a male though, I hope your still happy with it!

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Since I have no way of obtaining foreign Pokemon due to me having WPA (I have a DS lite), I could only get shinies with RE's and SR's. I'm going to try to land myself a shiny Tepig in Pokemon Black since I restarted.

I could be wrong because I too never attempted to trade things over the GTS when I had a DS Lite but I think it's still possible. When I wanted to get an event pokemon I would change the settings on the router so they were compatible with the DS. Whilst the settings were changed the internet wouldn't work on the computer but it didn't matter because I was only changing it for a few mins whilst I downloaded the pokemon. Afterwards I reset the router and it went back to normal. Can you not do this to use the GTS too?

I'm gonna be REing for a shiny golbat. Updates if I find one.Also going to hatch some unknown eggs (not unown the other kind).

Last edited:

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Is soft reset the best method? Never had the shiny motivation, but I do now!

Soft Reset isn't the best method odds-wise (since it is 1/8192 while MM is 6/8192) but you see more Pokemon in a shorter period of time than with MMing (since eggs take longer to hatch). Also, SRing is the only way to get shiny legendaries and starters (at the beginning of the game) and is sometimes faster than MMing for Gamecorner Pokemon, Eevee, Porygon in Platinum, etc. So it just depends on what you want.

I'm happy to hear that shiny Dratini is in White 2 since I was already planning to get White 2 and I definitely prefer shiny Dratini.

Also congrats on shiny Zigzagoon and and Snivy.

As for me, I just finished gathering another 360 eggs. I've already hatched 90 Ponytas out of 180, hopefully one of them will shine. Good luck to everyone else on your hunts.

Ok here's what hatched from my three eggs- 1. female starly, 2. male emolga, and 3. male piplup. Starly's moves are Tackle, Growl, Brave Bird. Emolga's are Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, and Wild Charge. Piplup's are Pound, Hydro Pump, Surf, and Ice Beam. None were shiny. *sigh*

RatchetH22

Long time no post for me. Ive been busy working on my team as opposed to hatching shinies lately. Im back to trying for my shiny Trapinch. Im gotten over 1500+ eggs hatched, so I'd love to see Artemis or Hermes come soon. :)

Last edited:

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
i decidded to continue my jhoto starter hunt
i was at 6705 seen
lol need more SR shinies not RE

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've been hatching Teddiursa eggs non-stop for the past week. I'm trying my best at this Masuda Method hunt, but I'm already over 1000 eggs into it, and still no Shiny Teddiursa. I guess I'll just have to keep working on it. When I'm not running around Skyarrow Bridge with a ton of eggs in my roster, I'm contacting people for potential trades, but it's getting hard to find the Shiny Pokemon that I need for my collection; most people aren't willing to trade their Shinies away. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait this out.

By the way, does anyone know if the Japanese event Keldeo can be Shiny?

Kninja22

<---Shine for me
Gave up on Shiny Kyurem,I traded for one,Btw B/W Kyurem can be shiny If your Kyurem your fusing is shiny,Cant wait to use my Shiny B Kyurem :p

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Can't wait to see my white Kyurem shiny. I hope shiny charm works on legendaries. Golbat evolved to.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Gave up on Shiny Kyurem,I traded for one,Btw B/W Kyurem can be shiny If your Kyurem your fusing is shiny,Cant wait to use my Shiny B Kyurem :p
Are you sure about that? I've heard people say that but I've seen no proof... Do you have any links or anything for proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.