• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofchuck

I was under the impression that you couldn't use masuda method for badge quest shinies, and that they all had to be 1/8192 shinies?

That's not good, my BQ is going down in flames. Are the official badge quest rules posted somewhere? Doing a BQ in Diamond is becoming less appealing by the second. I have high hopes of plenty of MM hatching in my future.

J-Tech

Patrat gets so much unnecessary hate lol, shiny form looks cool tbh

Still Sr'ing for snivy. Im really ready to start what will only be my 2nd play through of White

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
hmmm i thought the same as heliotrope but idk much about badge quests just never seen someone MMing there BQ until on this site

there are rules to BQ o.0.....

usually most of the time they SR reset the starters then RE most of the rest

dan2point5

If someone tries telling me I can't MM on my badgequest after I've already hatched 3,900 I will go mental!

Why should it matter how someone legitally obtains the shiny before the badge? Especially when REing is the quickest method IMO.

If it's your own personal badge quest it's your own personal rules. Enjoy it!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
lol not saying u shouldnt but just not very common in most BQ but i have seen some BQs wheere ppl MM like white so i guess u can gl dan dont give up your hunt when you've gone that far....... i know i wouldnt lol

700 SRs for eevee

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Since when are there any official or defined rules for a badge quest? Just make up your own rules. As long as you get a shiny before each badge that's all that really matters. Not like you're gonna win a prize or anything for following a certain set of "rules."

With that said, good luck to anyone out there who is currently working on a shiny badge quest. I'm going to start one on my LeafGreen as soon as Rayquaza shines (currently at 3000 SRs).

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Just to throw my two cents in.... I've seen plenty of people MM in 5th Gen BQs, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to in 4th Gen. Personally, I've never MM'd for a BQ, but that's because my only BQ has been in LeafGreen.

I don't intend to MM once my Black BQ starts (if Snivy ever shines), but that's mostly because I've pretty much designated my White version as my MMing-only game, excepting a couple RE hunts there.

Anyway, I'm up to 975 Blitzles with no shiny... I'm about 60 Ponytas into the next 180, hopefully one shines. Otherwise, this hunt will hit 2k eggs combined. Good luck to everyone on their hunts =)

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
yes some ppl MM but ive never heard of any badge quest rules......... not seeing why ppl are doubting MMing its a legit way to get shinies and most ppl MM on blakc/white the chances are even lower than on 4th gen

Last edited:

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
hmm Dan do you know what u plan to hunt after slugma shines?

still trying to hit 700 SRs

StingrayKurt

Congrats on the shiny patrat! That's awesome you already got a shiny in your new game!

TheMaster327

My brother got a shiny Grimer last night in his White, via MM (his first shiny in White). He doesn't tend to hatch large numbers of eggs, just keeps the ones with good natures.

Me, on the other hand? Still hatching Tauros (slowly) on Black. Platinum news - I somehow managed to get to Cynthia with my party on level 49 highest, but with only 7 Full Restores remaining. I had no choice but to lose and I'll be level grinding soon... Then I can get to Pal Park and transfer my shiny Crobat over from my dying Ruby...

Last edited:

jellywolffy

<Hunting
Can poke in dream ball from Entralink be shiny?

x.Shiny_Dude.x

ShinyHuntingTrainer
i wanna start a bq in platinum..but that turtwig won't shine!!+3000 sr ..going to my mm mudkip in white again...only 400 eggs 'till now
btw im almost at the 999:99 mark in white thanx to mm some shinys that i've got..what happens after that??

StingrayKurt

Wheeeeeeeeeeewwwww! Shiny Totodile!!!! What a great start to this badge quest, I got the shiny I wanted wheeeeeeeeew Please watch the video here: http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=m6f91i2l6#/watch?v=sFJWXRTeW0w please subscribe and like!
Thank you cocoadragon and dan2point5 for getting me in to this badge quest thing! I'm so happy if you couldn't tell woohooooo!

Last edited:

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ congrats!! now your bq is starting gl!!

800 Srs for eevee

Last edited:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Wheeeeeeeeeeewwwww! Shiny Totodile!!!! What a great start to this badge quest, I got the shiny I wanted wheeeeeeeeew Please watch the video here: http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=m6f91i2l6#/watch?v=sFJWXRTeW0w please subscribe and like!
Thank you cocoadragon and dan2point5 for getting me in to this badge quest thing! I'm so happy if you couldn't tell woohooooo!

Major congrats I love shiny toto!

I'm at 5,760 random encounters for virbank, will be at 6,000 by tonight.

StingrayKurt

Thanks cocoadragon have u seen the video yet? It's kinda crappy quality and the screen on the white ds is kinda dark but u still get to see yoshi!

Status
Not open for further replies.