• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ nah it was good lol u were really excited haha

lol yoshi great nickname

Last edited:

StingrayKurt

Thanks charizard master! Good luck I'm sure your going to get something to shine soon!

StingrayKurt

Haha yes I was excited! Yoshi is a classic name I think a shiny starter deserves a great nickname!

Art_de_Cat

Since getting Platinum and completing the main story, I have been fond of doing the Masuda method for breeding shinies. Haven't encounted very many in the wild. In White, i have found a shiny meinfoo and a Patrat. I have hatched through the masuda method and evolved a Chandelure, Haxorus, Pawniard, aong with some earlier generation pokes as well.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
hmm so what do you plan to hunt next

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
... I will not give up on my BQ, I will get a shiny before my second gym. 300 REs so far, none to be seen.
How did you get so lucky Cocodragon? Your starter took longer to shine than mine and mine took a few SRs and you got two shinies within a week or so.

StingrayKurt

I'm hoping to get either mareep, hoppip, or bellsprout in that order

StingrayKurt

Can you catch non shinies along the way on these badge quests?

StingrayKurt

You rock spheals! That's an awesome shiny wheeeeeew I'm so excited for you!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
@ tomoEgoto i remember posting chikorita was only 150 SRs of a new file and my 2nd BQ shiny took 1418 REs
@ sphealsftw congratz that looks amazing
@stingraykurt hmm thats what i hunted but sadly got ekans still love it tho its arbok now

Last edited:

RandomGuy27

Been hunting on route 9 for a shiny Pawniard but no luck yet. I'm only at 700 encounters though.

I also started a BQ on Soul Silver yesterday and I'm currently at 1,200 SRs for a starter.

Kyle Clarthy

Wheeeeeeeeeeewwwww! Shiny Totodile!!!!

Congratulations, Kurt! It's such a nice colour. Good luck with your next hunt in the badge quest.

Dan, I don't know if you saw my previous post, but good luck with your Slugma hunt, too.

And, of course, good luck to everyone else!

Calamity, thanks for responding to my post. I can understand where you're coming from, and if I offended, it wasn't my intention. I was just stirring a little! Everyone is entitled to feel their own way or react their own way to a shiny hunt, I guess, because we all put precious time and effort into hunting the silly things.

(Shinies aren't really THAT silly!)

Edit: Wow, congrats on that amazing Rayquaza, Spheals! It looks so nice! That will teach me for not refreshing to see the new replies.

Last edited:

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
900 SRs for eevee nearing the 1000 mark :)

gl on all the hunts

StingrayKurt

Hey cocoadragon I hope you get that ever today! If I don't get a shiny mareep I'm going for shiny jolteon(i already have a shiny umbreon in another game) I love green jolteon!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ lol gl with that haha i like umbreon vaporeon leafeon but ima get vaporeon because lance uses dragon vaporeon learns ice moves(ice beam)

Last edited:

jellywolffy

<Hunting
I started SR on my White2. Currently at 55for tepig.

SneaselClaw

Decided to start my first Shiny hunt, so going to be MMing for a shiny Absol. Was never going to be my first choice, but thought it would make a pretty cool partner for Black 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.