• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
I'm starting my first shiny badge quest on my copy of W2, hunting in the second farm/wooded area which has slightly more variation of pokemon. Up to 300 RE's at the moment, I hope it's not a huge hunt as I really want to trade some pokes over from my copy of black1!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
After 1,665 eggs, my Illumise/Volbeat MM hunt is finally over! But which is it?
http://i50.*******.com/55pgg3.jpg

Volbeat! ^_^ Looks pretty cool. I named him Cupcake, and he has a Sassy nature and the ability Swarm, also is somewhat stubborn. Illuminate would've been nice... But that's just a nitpick. =P

I think I'll hunt Turtwig next - I hatched quite a few in SoulSilver, so it'd be good to give it some closure.

Congrats on all recent hunts, everyone, including all of the badge quests going on!

elorasheppard

Congratulations Dan! I knew it would shine eventually.

As for me, my charmander hunt has just hit 1000 eggs. Which in the grand scheme of things isn't that much but it's my longest hunt yet:( feeling slightly demotivated as a result

StingrayKurt

It seems like everyone is having a great day today. I got a lot done on my kyurem and badgequest done today still no shinys but I did have a chance to get 300 re's in on badge quest and 300 SR for kyrurem. I'm currently just under 1400 SR for kyurem. And 500 re for badge quest.
I love that shiny volbeat it looks so awesome! Also congrats pokemonadventures on ur shiny totodile, what r u hunting for next?

nekomi

Ace Trainer
I've only found 3 shinies in Black: Watchog, Cubchoo and Sandslash. None of them were on purpose, they just randomly appeared.

I also SR for a Virizion but gave up at 300. :(

And now I'm going to try to MM a vulpix or an eevee.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Thanks guys :) your encouragement really did help me though!

slugma1.jpg

slugma2.jpg

So happy about this shiny!

Oh, all this time I was assuming you were hunting in B/W where the MM odds are slightly better :p Congrats though! You worked really hard for that shiny!

After 1,665 eggs, my Illumise/Volbeat MM hunt is finally over! But which is it?
http://i50.*******.com/55pgg3.jpg

Volbeat! ^_^ Looks pretty cool. I named him Cupcake, and he has a Sassy nature and the ability Swarm, also is somewhat stubborn. Illuminate would've been nice... But that's just a nitpick. =P

I think I'll hunt Turtwig next - I hatched quite a few in SoulSilver, so it'd be good to give it some closure.

Congrats on all recent hunts, everyone, including all of the badge quests going on!
Grats! I've always wanted a shiny Volbeat though I don't really like Illumise xD.

As for me, I'm currently sitting at 685 SRs for Squirtle in my LeafGreen.

Golden_Arcanine

Well around the 1600 mark for SR I finally got this little bad boy! SHINY TOTODILE

http://i49.*******.com/1zf7ouu.jpg

Very nice. Working hard on my Totodile. Up to 38 eggs, and no shiny. I'm going to try and get up to 75 eggs hatched tonight. Hopefully I'll get one relatively soon.

Snivasel

<- Last shiny
Well, reading about your badge quests made me decide to start my own BQ :D !
Currently SRing for any shiny starter in SoulSilver, but I'm most interested in Chikorita or Totodile since I got Cyndaquil a few months ago. At 250 SRs/750 starters seen :).
Good luck on your hunts.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
what did i tell ya Dan under 4.5k and u got it at 4.2k GZ!!!

DarkOverlord777

The Dragon Mage
Heh, the only shiny ive caught in BW was a herdier.just popped up randomly.i have a few shinies i got from trades,but i dont consider them as special as the ones i have caught.Been trying to MM a shiny misdreavus.Im at about 55 eggs so far and no luck. And ive got a question: will event pokemon obtained from a trade with somebody in a different country work with the masuda method? I got a lv. 70 electivire which seems to be an event since the OT is poketopia i think. I wasnt sure since the trainers location was in another country but im not sure how to figure out if it truly is from another country or not.

jellywolffy

<Hunting
Know anyone who make shiny cards?
Also. I reached ~300SR for my tepig in W2.
Hope it will shine in a week.

StingrayKurt

To those of you that know the rules to badge quests, can I use my other gamesoulsilver and random encounter with that game to help my chances of getting a shiny for my next badge on my heart gold? My soul silver game is completed but I can go and shiny encounter in the same area... Or are you only allowed to use just one game to catch each shiny on the badge quest?

Also I want a shiny pokemon icon/card thing like some of you guys have, how can I get one of those things made?

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^It could be done, no-one has ever done such a thing iirc.

Slowly creeping towards 7,500 Starters Seen...

Cutty

Forever now
^It should be in one game quest. But like they say.. U make your own rules..

I manage my time n start shiny hunting again.
Must get my first White 2 shiny. And resume old hunts too of course.
I found a place where I can add my 5th gen shiny collection w/out bumping into the same shiny I've got.
Well, there's sewaddle, but it's rare so not an issue.
So far I've done 1,000 RE's. Hope it goes well. Got an early shiny I mean.

StingrayKurt

Well if it's frowned upon doing I won't do it.I want to do this as fair as possible,also aquaregisteel how did you get your shiny card made?

Status
Not open for further replies.