• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uber_Fuller

<-- Latest Shiny
I just started shiny hunting on my White 2 copy on the Fourth of July. So far I've been pretty lucky.

Found this after 5 RE on 4th of July
I was looking for shiny petilil, but oh well
It was shiny roselia, but evolved it
Roserade.jpg

I also just got this one yesterday :D
Took about 1,800 SR
Kyurem.jpg

Shiny White Kyurem!!!
WhiteKyurem.jpg

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Badge quest not going so well, I'm thinking about just going through the game and catch any random shinies that come by.
Anyway, congrats with your shinies, sorry about Chikorita, hope you get another soon and hopefully it'll have a good nature to boot..

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Currently at 7,575 Starters. Really inspired now, hoping to hit 7,800 soon!

Go on TomoEgoto! I haven't started mine yet, so don't give up!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ wow your hunts bieng annoying

1300 SRs for eevee :l lol

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Yay! After 795 eggs, I just hatched my shiny Pansage in my UK Black. ^_^

My shiny monkey trio is now complete, and once again the everstone worked, and he is Timid natured.

I couldn't be bothered to film it this time, and just took a picture instead:

P1140433.jpg

Good luck everybody, and congrats on new shinies.

Edit: Thanks for the congrats. I just checked out Pansage's IV's:

Pansage - #511 (Timid)
HP: 0, 2, 4
Att: 31 <--- no >_>
Def: 31
SpA: 13
SpD: 25
Speed: 1 <--- noooo! ;___;

Lol. They aren't particularly good.

Last edited:

dan2point5

Congrats on Pansage! Glad you've been able to complete the set!

Just gone past the 1k encounter mark for hunt 5. Pleeeeease be Rattata to shine! Although Tauros would also be damn awesome!

Best of luck peeps.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
congrats on that helio ^^ lol Dan something ill shine eventually i would say magnemite if u get a miltank you would be realllllyyyyy lucky

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
My luck strikes again! After 4 days of SR'ing Terrakion has shined :D My jolly sync failed but it got a adamant nature which is just as good, and a max attack IV on top of that! Two musketeer's down and one more to go, gratz on all the recent shinies and good luck on reclaiming Chikorita Snivasel.

teriyaki.jpg
Wow, grats! :3 Adamant natured AND 31 IV in Attack?!? How lucky of you.

I just started shiny hunting on my White 2 copy on the Fourth of July. So far I've been pretty lucky.

Found this after 5 RE on 4th of July
I was looking for shiny petilil, but oh well
It was shiny roselia, but evolved it
Roserade.jpg

Took about 1,800 SR
Kyurem.jpg

Shiny White Kyurem!!!
WhiteKyurem.jpg
Congrats! Just 5 encounters is so lucky xD.

Yay! After 795 eggs, I just hatched my shiny Pansage in my UK Black. ^_^

My shiny monkey trio is now complete, and once again the everstone worked, and he is Timid natured.

I couldn't be bothered to film it this time, and just took a picture instead:

P1140433.jpg

Good luck everybody, and congrats on new shinies.
Congrats on Pansage! I was actually thinking about trying to complete the monkey trio as well... but I'm much too lazy to MM at the moment xD.

----------------------------------------------

For those of you asking about shiny banners and stuff, I made mine in GIMP. I feel like GIMP's a lot easier to use than Photoshop, plus (I don't think) that Photoshop is free?
So yeah try playing around in GIMP if you want to make one. If you get confused then I guess you can feel free to PM me :3

As of now I'm at 1,683 Squirtle SRs. Too lazy to multi-hunt so I'm expething this hunt to take a while. Good luck to everyone!

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Wow, guys! So many shinies lately! I'd list you all individually but there has been so many!

I'm currently MMing for my next (mystery!!) shiny, which leads me to a question:

I have a US Pokemon and a Japanese Ditto. I have been poke checking every baby (the US pokemon) that has hatched and switched them out for stronger babies so the shiny can have higher stats. Essentially, does it matter if the Ditto is breeding with a baby that it has helped produce?

I worry that because the American Pokemon is breeding with a Japanese Ditto that parented it there'll be some marker within the American Pokemon that'll say: "this is part Japanese, Masuda Method won't work since it's considered part Japanese."

Anyone know?

As I don't think anyone answered this - the baby pokemon was created on the American game, therefore it is American, simple as that, no traces from parent pokemon or anything. All that the language thing depends on is the game the pokemon was created in. :)

Still working on my Shiny Ponyta hunt but hardly gotten anymore today....got a lot of college work on atm so things are slow. : (

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
1500 by the nite and ill be satisfied just hit 1300

if i pass 1400 itll be my longest hunt in this file :)

Last edited:

Shiny Hunter Se7en

All-Times Favorite
Hi guys
Ufff.... i finally catch up with the posts, congrats on all the shinies, specially pink-ish Chimchar, blue Houndour and silver Slugma. All this BQ craze got to me and i've started one in my Pearl, my adventure started on July 5th and is still going strong -lets just say i've done a couple of SR's since I don´t keep track of it-
I'm going after the awesome shiny Turtwig, the short-introductory dialog takes forever -I couldn't care less about how Rowan is feeling for coming back after 4 years out of Sinnoh, I just want my pokémon-
What keeps me excited after every SR is to see if i will be part of those lucky hunters with short hunts or the un-lucky ones that get to see Starly shine before their starter... every SR keeps me in suspense

Well good luck fellow hunters with your SR, RE and MM.... the shiny high feels incredible XD

Golden_Arcanine

Very nice. Working hard on my Totodile. Up to 38 eggs, and no shiny. I'm going to try and get up to 75 eggs hatched tonight. Hopefully I'll get one relatively soon.

Haven't gotten as much time to hatch eggs, but up to 74 and no shiny Totodile yet. Not ready to lose hope yet.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Edit: Thanks for the congrats. I just checked out Pansage's IV's:

Pansage - #511 (Timid)
HP: 0, 2, 4
Att: 31 <--- no >_>
Def: 31
SpA: 13
SpD: 25
Speed: 1 <--- noooo! ;___;

Lol. They aren't particularly good.

ewww, the Speed and the Attack should've been switched XD

Took about 1,800 SR
Kyurem.jpg

Shiny White Kyurem!!!
WhiteKyurem.jpg

YAY

that pretty much confirms the Kyurem in B2/W2 indeed can shine.....I want to SR for one when I get my english B2, but I'm worried about whether it gets the shiny lock or not, so seeing a proof that it indeed can shine and is not locked like Reshiram and Zekrom is a great news for me :D

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Thanks for all the replies! I think I'll stick with Photoshop then. But yeah, it's definitely not free (There's a 30 day free trial though). I only managed to get mine cause we've had to use it for my computer games course at college, and I find it a little easier to use than GIMP at the moment XD.

Hatching some Larvesta eggs right now. 25 hatched, 35 more to go. Hopefully one of them's the shiny, but I doubt it XD. If not I think I'll fill up 2 more boxes then stop for tonight.

EDIT: Congrats on Pansage, Helio! :3

DOUBLE EDIT: OMG, I TAKE IT BACK. JUST GOT A SHINY LARVESTA!!! Aaaaah I was not expecting that! Girl and Timid natured too! Woohoo! No idea what number egg it was yet- will post pics soon: freaking out and carrying on hatching the rest for now! XD

Last edited:

Kyle Clarthy

I got 2 shiny Rattata from RE hunting in HG/SS in the past.
GF makes sure it comes back in B/W too. :/

They're considerate like that, aren't they? For the few people who have never had the opportunity to catch a Rattata before ... How nice of them. :p

Good luck with your hunt.

I seem to remember someone posting recently that they've got a hunt that's over 20,000 encounters or SRs or something. It wasn't Helio, but I just wanted to know how they were going with it.

I just finished reading the topic, so I just wanted to say congratulations on City of Delusion's Terrakion hunt, Uber Fuller with those two (or three!) new shinies (and that Roserade looks particularly awesome!) and Helio with her monkey.

Last edited:

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Thanks for all the replies! I think I'll stick with Photoshop then. But yeah, it's definitely not free (There's a 30 day free trial though). I only managed to get mine cause we've had to use it for my computer games course at college, and I find it a little easier to use than GIMP at the moment XD.

Hatching some Larvesta eggs right now. 25 hatched, 35 more to go. Hopefully one of them's the shiny, but I doubt it XD. If not I think I'll fill up 2 more boxes then stop for tonight.

EDIT: Congrats on Pansage, Helio! :3

DOUBLE EDIT: OMG, I TAKE IT BACK. JUST GOT A SHINY LARVESTA!!! Aaaaah I was not expecting that! Girl and Timid natured too! Woohoo! No idea what number egg it was yet- will post pics soon: freaking out and carrying on hatching the rest for now! XD

Haha! Congrats, Ambri!!

Can't wait to hear the details!!

All this luck lately has really gotten me hopefully my mystery MM will shine soon...

I even took off my avatar in hopes of coaxing him/her out. I can tell you all that the pokemon I'm currently MM'ing for is my favorite from Gen V.

Congrats again, everyone! Keep at it!!

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Thanks guys! ^_^ Haha, yep will have pics up in a minute. Just need to upload them~

EDIT: Here we go:

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/ZOMGSHINYMERARUBACAME11.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/DATNATUREANDSTATS.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/MOTHRAAAAAX333.jpg[/IMG300]

I went back to the PC, it's number 1396. Just under 1400 eggs ^^ I'm so happy she's a girl so I could name her Mothra, after the kaiju in Godzilla <3. Well, better hatch the last 10 eggs and then I'm heading to the Subway to check her IVs! There's no way I'll get to sleep now XD.

Good luck on your hunts everyone!

Last edited:

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
^Not supposed to post about trades here.

Congrats Ambri! And everyone else who recent.ly obtained shinies.

Anyway I'm up to 8,580 REs on my Virbank Complex hunt, can't wait to complete that.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.