• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangertrout

I really wish they'd given Persian different colors, I really like that pokemon. Also, Mienshao I wish would have kept it's baby form colors. It doesn't look bad evolved, but it's too close to it's original colors for me.

edit - Mienfoo is the secret hunt, isnt it? :p

mogan3

Wanna trade
is it a shiny ponyta

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ i can tell u no to that it was said that the final form looked worst than the first form ponyta and rapidash are the same

edit: yup also gen 1

gl on your hunt doodle

Last edited:

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
^ i can tell u no to that she said its final form she doesnt like she wish it had stayed the same ponyta and rapidash look completely alike XD

Also, it's a Gen 5 Pokemon ;)

I actually think Mienfoo is quite a good guess but I'd need to look through all the Gen 5 pokes before making my own guess...

In any case, finished work for today so eager to boost up my Shiny Ponyta hunt. Still floundering around 1000 eggs....I'll admit I'm pretty bored already, want to get onto the next MM hunt, maybe even RE. Hoping I get a bit of enthusiasm back soon.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
"What makes a 'good' shiny?"

Don't even get me started...
I was tired one day and I was on Route 2, and I was apparently looking at my computer screen and not the DS screen when I encountered what seemed to be a regular Pidove. I didn't see the sparkles.
So I ran, and right as I clicked the A button, I said to myself "OH WAIT, IT'S A SHINY!" >_>

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
im gonna go with oshawott i love oshawott and dewott but what happened with samurott.....

still waiting for Ho-Oh to shiny in heart gold so im going to duel hunt Ho-oh and Kyurem in black 2 if Kyurem shines first i think im giving up on Ho-oh about 15,000 srs in on Ho-Oh

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
I'm gonna go with Tympole as my guess. On the basis that I loved my shiny Tympole but don't like shiny Seismitoad!

Haha, really? I love shiny Seismitoad (really nice colour scheme with the turquoise and gold) but hate Shiny Tympole and Palpitoad (still nice colour scheme but designs are kinda creepy). I wonder what the general consensus is on those pokes, shiny or non-shiny.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
I am going to hit this Bulbasaur hunt hardcore for the next few days. I aim to do at least 1,000 SR's a day. This thing will be mine...

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
just hit 1600 SRs i expect this from SR hunts lol

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
I hate to ask, but where did you get your shiny Exeggcute? I wanna try my hand at headbanging for one and what trees have the best chance at dropping them?
Still at it with my hunt, may go for the game corner (which I hate personally, because of Electrode cards). Might SR for either a shiny Abra or Ekans (since I can't encounter it in the wild and I don't have a fast ball for abra if it appears in the grass).

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
this where u can find them using headbutt Routes 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 43, 47 & 48, New Bark Town Cherrygrove City, Violet City, National Park, Ecruteak City, Lake of Rage, Safari Zone Gate (Headbutt)

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Just gone over 8,000 Starters...doing great, at 2,600something SRs. Come on please?

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^.... gl in the race your starter just doesnt want to shine :/ hopefully u will get it

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
^As long as the pokemon's languages are different to the other pokemon's, then it will work.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
An English Metang and a Ditto from a different language game will work, yes, E.G French Ditto and English Metang.

cool123

Guys I have a question I just found a Modest politoed with water absorb ability is this set good for it?

Perish Song
Surf
Brick Break
Hyper Voice

Golden_Arcanine

Up to 78 eggs for Totodile. Working on more today. What does RE stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.