• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty

Forever now
And my opinion on the free shinies? See my sig XD
You forgot GF has also given away free shiny Hydreigon thru wifi event.

My biggest haul from chaining is with 20 shinies. The most I remember is Bagon.

Have I spoiled any of B/W 2? I did spoil about Rattata, don't tell me I didn't warn u all.

Reached 2,000 REs in Desert Resort JPN WHT 2 & 6,000 REs on rt 10 JPN BLCK for shiny Vullaby.

Good luck everyone. Hope teh shiny will come soon. Or later, lol. XD

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
the few people I know who play Pokemon in real life only ever bothered to get 1 in a chain.

yeah, most people I know chain to get a shiny, not to get a huge amount of the same shiny. I'm the same, actually. I don't bother getting a shiny I already have, unless I need it to act as a trading bait, or if it is sure to be better than the one I currently own :p

My only shiny that I obtained from my own attempt at chaining is one Shiny Meditite (now a Medicham) I obtained on route 211, the one between Eterna & Mt. Coronet.....the chain broke itself at chain #18, the shiny was on chain #16.

And Shiny Salamence, though it was given as a Bagon egg.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
yeah, most people I know chain to get a shiny, not to get a huge amount of the same shiny. I'm the same, actually. I don't bother getting a shiny I already have, unless I need it to act as a trading bait, or if it is sure to be better than the one I currently own :p

My only shiny that I obtained from my own attempt at chaining is one Shiny Meditite (now a Medicham) I obtained on route 211, the one between Eterna & Mt. Coronet.....the chain broke itself at chain #18, the shiny was on chain #16.

And Shiny Salamence, though it was given as a Bagon egg.

Yeah, if I ever got a chain to work I could see myself going for 2 or 3 shinies so I had a better chance at getting a good nature or ability but I wouldn't really go much higher than that...

Also, don't forget Horsea, Trapinch, Swablua and Druddigon. : ( A shame (imo) as I think shiny Swablu is really lovely but I don't think I'll bother trying to get one now as all the Japanese folk will have one.....I don't think it's as bad as the in-game ones where they're worldwide, you can get as many as you like and there's no time limit but it would've been nice if they'd limited them slightly like a certain ability or something.....

EDIT: Also, just reached 1660 eggs, still no shiny Ponyta. Knew this would be a long one.... : (

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion

I was on about the ingame BW2 shinies, but fair point.

Hit 11,000 starters seen on my SS Badge Quest Hunt #1. Shine please? Anyone?

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
I've reached 1,000 Electrike Eggs yesterday, but it hasn't shined yet. I really hope Electrike Shines before 1,500. Good luck to everyone else on they're hunts!

Edit: About 'free' shinies, I don't seem to mind them, I still plan on hunting for a Shiny Dratini and Shiny Axew though. I even plan on hunting for a Shiny Magikarp at some point.

Last edited:
Still haven't gotten Treecko or Eevee, not even keeping count on the eggs anymore. But I'm far from giving up, as I know one will pop up eventually. Eevee will either be evolved into Jolteon, Umbreon or Espeon once I finally get it, depending on the nature.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Hey guys, I haven't been able to post in the past couple of days because my cable got take out by a tree >.< I've spent the past couple of days focusing on leveling up my Sapphire team, which I have transferred to XD (so I can eventually hunt Rayquaza), hunting in Meteor Falls, and SRing Giratina. Giratina is at 2960 ish SRs, I'm hoping to get to almost 4k today since I've been going for 800-900 srs per day. I've also been gathering up more eggs, and I will start hatching again as soon as I get another 150 or so Blitzles stored.

Congrats on any shinies I missed, and good luck to everyone on your hunts!

Shiny Hunter Se7en

All-Times Favorite
Hi guys. Still no shiny news, Turtwig is being a bit stubborn and who knows when is he going to decide to shine... so I have to be ready

Wow, that is some good luck @City of Delusion, it feels great to find a shiny when you are not even trying

Good luck with your hunts guys, hopefully the pokémon you are SRing, REing or MMing will shine soon

Cyada

Back to hunting after quite a long break. Hatched a box of Vulpix, nothing yet.

dan2point5

Decided once I finish this badge quest I'm gonna rehunt my favourite shiny ready for black 2. Shiny Swablu! It was my first ever MM and Altaria is my all time favourite shiny.

Congrats on new shinies and good luck!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
congrats on all le shinies :)
especially smoochum*.* u luky duck!

well I'll miss you all ands shiny huntings m going to try and stay away from video games for Ramadan.

speaking of wich, Ramadan Kareem! for anyone celebrating. may you all be lessed with many shinies over the next 3 days.

ay revoir:)

Jessara

Shiny Hunter
I'm bored so I thought it was about time I posted something here since I've been lurking and reading everyone's posts for weeks. I haven't done a lot of hunting over the past few months, my last shiny being a hatched Riolu in April. Since the 23rd of June I've been hunting on and off in Chargestone Cave on Pokemon White. This would have to be my longest RE hunt on White so far which is currently at 5067 REs.

My goal for this hunt is to try and get a Joltik but I don't mind if I get any of the others. Just felt like doing an RE hunt as my last couple of shinies were hatched.

Good luck to you all on your hunts :)

Floette

Fennekin
Reached 90 Zubat eggs, boxed up 5 more boxes :D

Sorry to hear about that tree hitting your cable rykerr :eek:

Grats on that smoochum, also on that riolu jessera. Good luck everyone !

@dain2point5, Altaria is a fantastic shiny, good luck ^_^ And for that 11000 starter hunt, keep going :/ thats a long hunt, it will shine soon!

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Reached 90 Zubat eggs, boxed up 5 more boxes :D

Sorry to hear about that tree hitting your cable rykerr :eek:

Grats on that smoochum, also on that riolu jessera. Good luck everyone !

@dain2point5, Altaria is a fantastic shiny, good luck ^_^ And for that 11000 starter hunt, keep going :/ thats a long hunt, it will shine soon!

yes it a very awsome shiny altaria...i have a chained shiny swablu evolved to Altaria from my platinum version and she is a beauty :) good luck to everyone hunts i haven't hunted in awhile but i really do miss it :)

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Just reached 14,000 SR's for my shiny starter hunt in Leafgreen.

When it shines and I begin my badge quest, I think I will also get a RE shiny before the first gym. Probably hunt in Viridian Forest for Caterpie, Weedle, or Pikachu.

Hey, nearly at 600 eggs for treecko i hope this shines before 1000. What is you guys longest hunt in MM. Wont be posting for a few days, im goin away, hopefully returning with a shiny treecko to report, congrats on the registeel and the suprise smoochum and all the others who haven't mentioned. Good luck to every hunter out there doin a hunt. Especially to aquaregisteel on his long starter hunt, i hope it shines very soon so you can start your badge quest and to se7en on your turtwig, my fav pokemon and possibly a future MM/Sr.
*Turtwig away*

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Thanks for the motivation guys! I couldn't have come this far without it.

Congratulations on the random Basculin too.

Also, keep up the hunting Master Leo! I can't believe it has gone on for that long, and also keep hunting for the Turtwig, it will shine soon se7en.

And lastly, Dan, go for it. I want to run through White 2 with a shiny team, as it is a great pleasure. What better way to do it than going for your favourite?

mad_toast_boy

shiny hunter
An update on my chain, I got my 15 shiny farfetch'd and then it ended because i ran out of repels, but i'm happy with 15 :)

natures:
Impish
Gentle
Bold
Brave x2
Serious
Docile x2
Lonely
Sassy
Hardy
Naughty x2
Careful
Lax

My highest number of shinies from a single chain has been 51 shiny Shinx. Closely followed by Nidoran Female at 45 shinies and there are others around 30ish.

Yeah, I eventually just stop the chain at around 20 shinies because i don't need that many multiples, but i am tempted to see how far i can get a chain and how many shinies i can get from it

Any suggestions of what to chain next?

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Just got my fourth shiny in B/W. Guess what it is? A shiny ZORUA and I got it on my FIRST EGG. All I was trying to do with the egg was get it as a replacement zorua because I just traded my zoroark and I was going to level the zorua I had before. I got extremely lucky and right now I'm kinda tearing up because of it.

-Edit-
Oh and btw at the time I was running around with the egg I was thinking of how nice it could be if it was a shiny as a side thing, but man my luck hit straight on the money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.