• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Anyway a question for MM'ers out there: on average, how many eggs do you try to hatch a day? I am still trying to figure out my pace.

I tend to collect 3 boxes, hatch 3 boxes, collect 3, hatch 3, release all 6 and start over. Lately I've been collecting and hatching about 3 times a day so around 210 eggs per day? I think I did even more yesterday. However, I have a lot of spare time at the moment so I imagine that number will go down when I go back to uni and whenever I get some shifts at work.....plus I'm at my boyfriends this weekend and he won't want me being anti-social lol

In any case, just got up to 1840 eggs hatched. Would really like Shiny Ponyta to appear in under 2000 eggs but I'm not that hopeful.... :(

And congrats on the Shiny Aerodactyl and Shroomish!

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
When I get BW2 im gonna breed for a shiny Dratini so I can get shiny Dragonair... Maybe! I'm also going to try to get a shiny Kyurem so I can have a shiny White Kyurem!

Have you heard that Dratini is given away as a shiny in White 2?

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Anyway a question for MM'ers out there: on average, how many eggs do you try to hatch a day? I am still trying to figure out my pace.

That depends on what Pokemon you're MMing. With my current hunt I try to hatch 120-180 eggs per day when I'm hatching, since they are only 5,120 steps per egg and I use a Flame Body Pokemon. When I'm storing the eggs, I try to store at least 120 per day, but since that can be slow sometimes I only get 90.

Of course, I don't MM every day, as I prefer to SR =P For pacing there, I'm currently trying to get 700-1k SRs per day. Yesterday was the first day where I actually did 1k in a day, hehehe.

Anyway, I'm now at 4178 Giratinas seen. I won't really be hunting this weekend as I'm going to a family party today and a concert all day tomorrow. I haven't really been MMing since I've been REing in Sapphire, but I am almost done storing the next batch of eggs and will get to hatching at some point this week. Good luck to everyone on your hunts, hopefully something will shine for everyone =)

TheMaster327

Now at 1,280 Tauros hatched, and growing somewhat demotivated... Good thing the Open is giving me a good amount of time to gather/hatch eggs at the moment...

Also have a side project on Platinum at the moment, SR in Turnback Cave (not counting them though...).

Cyada

Hatched two boxes of Ponyta and did about 500 RE for Litwick. It is getting tedious.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Status
Not open for further replies.