• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Wow! 7,000+ eggs?! Dan2point5's record is most certainly in danger! Hopefully you get it soon...

Tbh I don't really count hunts that are 'put on hold' too much because it kind of ruins the numbers imo. I mean if you do other hunts and stuff in between then those could easily have been Shiny (in this case) Eevee eggs.....am I the only one who feels this way?

Also, I imagine there will be a BW2 Shiny thread when the BW2 forum becomes more....used? So maybe when it's released outside of Japan?

Dangertrout

Tbh I don't really count hunts that are 'put on hold' too much because it kind of ruins the numbers imo. I mean if you do other hunts and stuff in between then those could easily have been Shiny (in this case) Eevee eggs.....am I the only one who feels this way?

Also, I imagine there will be a BW2 Shiny thread when the BW2 forum becomes more....used? So maybe when it's released outside of Japan?

Yeah, I can never really decide when to start counting. Not only does it skew your numbers for the hunt on hold, but the new target number gets thrown off too. Like my 352 weedle eggs, sounds short but then I realized it had actually been more like 1600 eggs since my last shiny because I did a bulbasaur batch in between that failed to yield a shiny. But, in the end I keep track of the species hunts separately, regardless on if they were on hold or not. Its just easier for me that way, even if it does skew the numbers.

As for the second part, I doubt they will make a separate thread for BW2. Just because if you look in the 4th gen section, you find one thread for D/P/Pt AND HG/SS. Since they didn't split those up, I imagine the same will be true for 5th gen.

Floette

Fennekin
A repost of the shiny thread for a few reasons.

Firstly; the current one already had over 1000 pages so a restart just for that is not a bad idea. Secondly, the previous rule of having to post once per page is currently being relaxed. That means you can post multiple times a page! On that note however, you are not allowed to spam or post meaningless stuff like 'I haven't found any yet' too often; otherwise that rule may well reappear.

Yay a new thread! I thought my computer was glitching when I saw that the shiny thread only had two pages. Also glad to see the one post per page rule is being relaxed.

Anyway, continuing in my Zubat MM hunt. Hatched a total of about 209~ eggs or so (have to check my calculator for the exact number). I have 7 boxes of eggs, which I will hopefully hatch later (in between my reading of The Grapes of Wrath)

I am hoping the hunt doesn't reach 2k+ as some of you are having.

Well, good luck on your hunts everyone, and hoorah for a new thread.

StingrayKurt

I've spent 4 hours dedicated to my badge quest and shiny kyurem but got no luck, currently at 3300 SR and 600 eggs hatched on my secret hunt

TheMaster327

I've just thought of something that will keep me motivated - having the first shiny of the new thread! Currently hatching my most recent batch of eggs...

Shiny Lord

I always keep track of the eggs hatched for any pokemon I decide to mm. I usually tend to switch targets a lot because I get bored of seeing the same pokemon over and over again. I go through a ton of eggs usually before I get a shiny but it is still a lot of work. For my shiny snivy hunt I have picked it up and put it on hold many times and even though I have done this I still keep track because I still put in all the effort to hatch the eggs so I feel like they should count to the overall total of that hunt. I've had 14 successful shinies hatch from doing it this way. I tend to get lucky and get early shinies by switching after so many eggs. My longest successful mm target was Poliwag which hatched on egg 999. My longest hunt I've ever done is Snivy-3000 then Sandile-2200(I think because I lost the paper with it on) and Tauros 1830. I also had a long Frillish hunt but again I lost the paper that I had that one recorded on though I know it was more than 1000 eggs hatched for one.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
IMG_2838.jpg

After a lengthy shiny drought, this shiny Magby appeared in my Black 2 :D. I was busy watching an LP on youtube when I saw the orange bodied Magby, followed by sparkles. He has a Gentle nature, which doesn't bother me in the slightest :).

Gentle nature

Next hunt is in Sangi Ranch, where I'm hoping for a Mareep(seeing as I am using a Static Emolga). I wouldn't mind a Patrat or a Pidove, as long as it isn't another shiny Lillipup.

Shiny Lord

Congrats on the shiny magby. It is a nice looking shiny.

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
So my Shiny Electrike Hunt is now up to 1,330 Eggs as you can see in my sig... I hope it shines before 2k Eggs, and I hope it is Male. I don't think I mentioned before but I have an Everstone on my Modest Electrike I'm using to breed to try passing Modest down to the Shiny. If anyone wants to predict Nature/When it will hatch/etc. feel free to do so on my profile on here!

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
Ending my egg hatching tonight with a grand total of...

25 eggs hatched.

Yeah... I didn't hatch that many today. Life got in the way. This brings my total eggs hatched up to 124 eggs. I'll hatch more tomorrow. Maybe. Night everyone.

~needsalimegreenespeon signing off! See ya!

Dangertrout

I'm thinking I need a break from MMing, might try REing something. I guess running away from battles and having an Illuminate pokemon in the lead would help speed things up... any other tricks?

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Gosh i miss shiniy hunting.Maybe I'll start a new hunt.I still need to by a Pokemon black game tho.^-^;

Decided to pick up my MM hunt again after a 3 month break and I was watching TV when the egg hatched. At first my brain was like "no way!" but my shiny target hatched!! This was my first MM hunt and it was short to boot. It hatched around the 210ish egg, and I say "ish" because a couple of eggs hatched while I was waiting to get an egg from the daycare man. Timid syncer worked and its characteristic is likes to run. Checked its IVs and it has 30 Speed :). It also has 21 Attack and 18 HP/SpDef, not sure what I'll EV train it in besides speed. Still have another box and a half of zorua eggs to go, so I'll hatch those and start my next MM target :).

Sorry for the crappy quality, my camera never has liked the pokemon info page >_<...that and its late and I don't feel like re-taking the picture XD

shinyzoruaproofresize.jpg

Edit: Tomorrow I'll replace the picture with a more clear one.

Last edited:

StingrayKurt

Congrats on ur new shinies everyone! Charizard aster I just liked and subscribed!

Cyada

That's a beautiful Zorua! I think I'll hunt for it when I'm done with my current targets.

Anyway, more than 800 Ponyta eggs hatched now. Still waiting for the blue flames.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I agree, I think I am subbed...I'll sub now if i'm not.

Regardless, I have just hit 12075 Starters Seen. It does not want to shine really.

dan2point5

Yay a new relaxed thread!

Congrats on the new shinies peeps. Magby and Zorua are both awesome!
Special Congrats to CharizardMaster, Magnemite is sweet! Glad your hunt has finally finished!

Keep going Aqua, your hard work will definately be rewarded so keep it up.

Just boxing up some more eggs. Lets hope it's in this batch!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
My longest hunt I've ever done is Snivy-3000 then Sandile-2200(I think because I lost the paper with it on)
I also had a long Frillish hunt but again I lost the paper that I had that one recorded on though I know it was more than 1000 eggs hatched for one.

Rather than writing it on paper, you can try nicknaming the hatched Pokemon with the egg number.

For example, the first Pokemon that hatched is nicknamed 001, the second is 002, and so on.

That's what I do to keep track on how many eggs I've hatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.