• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty

Forever now
Is it just me, or do female Lillipups look lighter colored than Males? Ugh. My DS is trolling me. If I don't look directly at the Pokemon, I get all kinds of excited because I think I hatched a shiny. I haven't hatched many eggs today, but I'll need to catch up... I was supposed to be at... 300 eggs today? I'm not even in the 200s. >.<
I'll be able to hatch for another thirty minutes tonight, then it's off to bed.

~needsalimegreenespeon signing off! See ya!

Yeah, while I was REing on rt 3 my eyes became alert everytime a wild Lillipup showed up w/ a different shade. At least the hunt didn't make me sleepy.

Good luck on your hunts btw. Who knows my 'good luck' is different from everyone else as I tend to get female shiny :D

7,500 REs on rt 10 JPN BLCK & 3,500 REs in Desert Resort JPN WHT 2.

~ Cutty Flam signing off! See ya!

Floette

Fennekin
I am sure no one will have a problem with you keeping us updated with your badge quest, just try not to post a ton because even though this is a 'relaxed' thread, you should still be somewhat self conscious of how often you are posting. Just try to space out your posts and keep different info, make your posts longer and further apart. You can always go back and edit them too. Other people keep us updated on their BQ's on here, and it isn't a problem usually.

Anyway I found a Japanese Castform on the GTS (female) and I have a Modest (male) castform which I am breeding with it; so the MM for Castform on English White has begun.

11 eggs in and quite pumped about this hunt, especially because I just went back and watched Castform's anime episode (unfair weather friends) :D I will watch it again later on for motivation if the hunt drags on. I am also going to use this castform in my White2 playthrough when it is released for English, so I have plenty of motivation. I am considering REing a bit after this hunt, but I will still be MMing for Feebas & Emolga at one point.

Still siked about my shiny zubat too ^_^

EDIT: I agree with dan2point5's post below about other-gen shinies and hunts.

Last edited:

Shiny Supercow

S*ck My PokeBalls
After a week vacation I've started hunting Porygon again!
Still at quite a large amount of eggs so I hopes it shines soon.

dan2point5

I like the fact people post in here the shiny hunts and success stories no matter what generation it's from. I find it helps keep people motivated on their own hunts seeing people achieving their targets and being rewarded. At the end of the day we're all in this together in a way and our goals are the same. I thinks it's silly not being able to celebrate that success with one another without being warned over silly rules.

If the majority of people disagree that's fair enough and I'll keep my hunts to myself if they're not gen 5 but I just think it would be a shame to not hear from certain people and helping each other out.

YNCRN

Egg 125!
I like the fact people post in here the shiny hunts and success stories no matter what generation it's from. I find it helps keep people motivated on their own hunts seeing people achieving their targets and being rewarded. At the end of the day we're all in this together in a way and our goals are the same. I thinks it's silly not being able to celebrate that success with one another without being warned over silly rules.

If the majority of people disagree that's fair enough and I'll keep my hunts to myself if they're not gen 5 but I just think it would be a shame to not hear from certain people and helping each other out.

I think I'm with you on this one dan.

I know it may technically be "against the rules", but I get motivated to keep going with mine when someone points out a shiny they got, no matter what generation.

I myself have posted a few Gen IV shinies I've gotten in this thread, and I guess I did it because I feel like this thread would be more populated than the Gen IV one, simply because the games are newer.

In any regard, it's not really a huge distraction as I think everyone gets encouraged to see new and awesome shinies. I guess if people really do complain a lot you may have to go to Gen IV, but my vote is to keep you, and all shiny talk, here.

:D

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
I also agree i like to see people get there shiny after such hard work and it helps motivate me

we should be able to post about shinies we got in other gens on this thread

if its a problem i wont post about my BQ anymore either only 5th gen hunts

i agree with dan and yncrn

Last edited:

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
I love 4TH Gen Shinies alot, I find it far more motivating when people post about 3rd, 4th or 5th Gen shinies. It has helped me so much, especially with cocoadragon and dan2point5 doing badge quests.

Just hit 13,800 starters seen. Let's hope I get it before 5,000 SRs.

Shiny Hunter Se7en

All-Times Favorite
Hi guys
Congrats @rykerr1, nice shiny Blitzel, it is going to be an awesome Zebstrika
Nice short hunt @Skippio, blue shiny Corsola looks great, good luck with Shuckel
Wow, nice shiny Cobalion @TheEliteEmpoleon, is so cool to see a legendary shine

I'm at route 2 looking for my first BQ pokémon, dreading I'm going to run from a shiny Lillipup -I just can't tell them appart- and hoping for a shiny Purrloin or Patrat

Good luck fellow hunters SRing, REing and MMing, keep the good job

I also agree with the non-generation-exclusive threat

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I'm still valiantly looking for that shiny Torchic! It's been around four thousand eggs or something, so I'm sure it'll shine soon.

A few hours ago I got myself a shiny Litwick! Woo-hoo! Named it 幽霊火 (ゆうれいび, or Ghostfire) for obvious reasons.
Now if only Ember changed colors in accordance to Litwick's flame, then that'd be awesome! :)

Anyway, after Torchic, I'll probably start on Horsea or something. Haven't found a shiny Water-type at all.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Hit 14,100 starters seen and 1,535 REs in SS and Pinwheel Forest. Well, looking forward to keeping the effort up!

DrakoKnight15

Hey everyone! After finally recieving a foreign psyduck, I began my process of MMing psyducks. Hoping it shines soon, though saying that I've only just started hatching (am on the 5th egg). Anyways great shinies everyone, they're very motivating. Be back soon, gonna continue hatching eggs, I really want this shiny!

Shiny Lord

I also agree with everyone. I love coming here and reading about other shiny success and it keeps me motivated on my hunts. I love reading about everyone success. I also get inspired to hunt a pokemon I might not have originally before. I hope everyone continues to post their shiny success no matter what generation it is in.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
oh wow... I've never posted in here. Well, in my 330 or so hours of playing pokemon black, I've found 2 shinies: a Basculin and a Litwick. The litwick is now a level 100 shiny Chandelure :) It's my favorite 5th gen shiny. Oh, I forgot to mention... According to the back of my trainer card, I haven't even encountered 8192 pokemon yet. It's amazing that I already have 2 shinies!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I'm at 300 eggs for Cynda.I'm going to gather 10 more boxes of eggs before i start hatching again.I'm taking this really slow since i am really busy these days.Good luck every one and may the odds be ever in your favor.:p

Kyle Clarthy

Actually, I couldn't agree more!

It seems that the majority of the shiny hunters have migrated here, and the other threads in the other gens are pretty much dead. I have each thread bookmarked and I check them regularly, because it's fun to read of other people hunting, and seeing those shiny Pokes motivate you, but they either never have a new post, or very little activity has occurred.

Pokemon is the type of game that you can easily go back to a previous gen and play through it, and all of the games are connected in some ways to the others, whether via Pal Park or any other way. It's inevitable that we'd be going back to a previous gen to get some Poke we couldn't get easily in another gen or whatever, and so we'd be playing different gens all over the place. As a community, we sometimes need that motivation, and posting about it in a thread that no one looks at for several months makes for a pretty lonely feeling.

I actually have two new shinies that I haven't posted about, but I haven't really had the motivation to do it due to this, whether that sounds silly or not.

I'm not meaning to single out people, but there have been a few other posts where people have mentioned their hunts in older gens within this thread. I don't have a problem with that, but what I'm getting at is the fact that we're all human, and we're going to post some things like that without probably thinking about it in the first place. It just seems natural to want to share our hunts with one another.

Edit: I just wanted to say, too, that it's not about bragging that you got a shiny or anything like that. It's about sharing your success with others that understand, because let's face it, not many people will care about it in every day life.

Edit 2: I'm sorry, I just sort of read through my post again, and it probably comes off a bit as a garbled mess, so sorry about that. It's just some rambling thoughts, though.

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
@Zane Clarthy 100% agree, I haven't posted about most of my shinies in SS because of how dead the other thread is. Its very motivating reading people share their success in hunting no matter the gen.

dan2point5

Well the community have spoken and it looks like we're pretty much all in agreement that we should be able to post about our hunts and achievements regardless of which generation it may be from. Hopefully the mods will take notice and allow us to all come together in one communal thread without worrying about breaking a rule. Horrible to think people arnt posting about their successes because the designated generation thread is pretty much redundant.

But yeah, it's up to the mods. I just hope a little common sense comes into play if and when they make a decision.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I don't see what's wrong with posting about your older gen hunts/shinies here; especially if you're posting about 5th gen hunts/shinies at the same time (and especially since the other shiny threads are basically dead now...)

Anyway, I've just started up a new 5th gen hunt in my UK Black, since I finally managed to hatch a good enough Japanese female Aipom to use in my shiny Aipom hunt (Jolly natured, IV's: HP: 24, ATT: 31, DEF: 31, SP.ATT: 31, SP.DEF: 31, SPE: 19). I'm now at 100 eggs hatched.

As for my other hunts:

White: Litwick - 21,697 encounters
SS: Headbutt - 13,665 encounters
HG: BQ/Lapras - 4600 soft resets
Platinum: BQ - 100 encounters

i also argee with pretty much every one else on this thread, it should be for all generations because it helps with motivation. I got a modest natured shiny roselia last week and no one can see pictures cus its against rules.
I especially enjoy hearing about dan and cocoadragons badgequests.
Any way 150 more eggs boxed up for treecko hopefully one hatches shiny, if not this will take me to 800+ eggs. I really love shiny treecko and his colours, i have hatched some treeckos with upto 4 flawless stats so roll on the shinies for me and everyone else (dan2point5,cocoadragon,aquaregisteel se7en heliotrope and the many others hunting) and congrats to rykerr1 on blitzle and the guy/gal who got the shiny zubat, sorry cant remember your name... and of course all the others

Status
Not open for further replies.