• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanky3K

Lookin for shinies
Hey everyone. I started shiny hunting a less than 2 weeks ago (12 days ago to be exact) with a friend and I finally caught my first target this morning.
http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae182/Stanky3K/20130420_074321.jpg
Linked because of problems uploading image here.
Anyways, its a Bold nature which is meh since I had a Timid Synchronize Alakazam leading. I am starting to search for another with Timid to use in battles.
Congrats to everyone on their shinies and I will be updating every once in a while like everyone else.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Today, I caught the shiny version of the most awesome pokemon ever!

Only took 3570 REs and my bold sync worked!

Gratz on the recent shinies and good luck everyone. :]

Martinzqx

FINALLY!!!!! I am the proud owner of a shiny Kyurem!!! I have been soft resetting since Feb. 28th!!! No AR or any other cheating device/process was involved!!

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I'm sick of Regice at this point, 820 resets strong and nothing, I'm still determined to get it though :)

Jorge565

Magikarp
Atm hunting with jolly synchronise abra at route 7 woot cant wait .so far have gotten only two successful RE hunts but hoping expand my collection. And everybody congratz on all the shinies !! :D

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Hey everyone,
Good luck and congratulations on the shinies!
Still going for that shiny Charmander, but to no avail. I might abandon it and go for a shiny Trapinch instead! They look so cool ;)

Martinzqx

I hope the deoxys from the upcoming event can be shiny! Anyone know?

I hope the deoxys from the upcoming event can be shiny! Anyone know?

Somehow i doubt it will be shiny as most events are shiny locked. It would be pretty awesome though!

Anyway, congrats on all of the recent shinies, you are all so much more lucky than I...
My mystery mm has just passed 1000 eggs, im going very fast by my standards! If ayone wants a guess your more than welcome! Gl to everyone!

Captain Dynamic

I chews u Peekachoo!
-This is Stanky3K, Finally got my old account found out so ill be posting from this name from now on-
Currently at a lil over 300 eggs hunting for shiny Squirtle. I gave up on a timid Litwick for now, but will MM for it later.
Congrats on all your latest shinies guys. I want a shiny Kyurem eventually.

Martinzqx

Agonist, is this fact? If so, source please?

Jorge565

Magikarp
They're locked into being normal like how it's impossible to get a legit shiny zekrom. It's like if you tried to get a shiny event like the beast trio to be normal . Impossible. Also take arceus for example a lot of events have been given out but if it is a shiny then it's fake because it could only be.caught in 4th gen with the azure which was never released

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Hi all,
Been doing Random Encounters for a Shiny Litwick, with 4444 encounters under my belt. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it shine yet, but I think it wont be long until I get it for some reason!
Good Luck for everyone's hunts and congratulations for all the recent shinies! ;)

AlexSH

Shiny Hunter
Really impressive guys I'm liking the new thread :D,
I haven't been on this past year due to personal stuff but I did manage a couple of targets while I was gone.
First I caught a shiny latias, then an abra followed by a shiny kyurem (failed due to random shutdown of my dsi) and lastly a random SR shiny dratini. Surprisingly managed those in a 3 week period O.O
Ill post those later if I figure out how to get photos working

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Been SRing for a Week now trying to get a Shiny Terrakion, I think I have well Over 250 Encounters... I have a Ton for Trade though so I don't have to do any more work lol xD
The Last Shiny I have Caught was about 4 or 5 yrs ago with my Shiny Glameow (Randomly Encountered on my Pearl) So wish me Luck! And Good luck to all of you Shiny Hunters to :3

I have hatched 240 MM'ed Charmander eggs so far, but with no success, and I've been wondering if anyone wants to race for a Shiny Charmader against me? PM me to enter!

Agonist, is this fact? If so, source please?

late, but:

Title: It's Deoxys!
ID: 133
Date: 5/8/2013
Used: No
Type: Pokémon
-----------
PID: 0
Species: Deoxys
Nickname: Deoxys
Nature: Random
Held item: Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Origin: Game
Shiny: No
Egg: No

Ball: Dusk Ball

IVs
HP: Random
Attack: Random
Defense: Random
S. Attack: Random
S. Defense: Random
Speed: Random
Contest stats
Cool: 0
Beauty: 0
Cute: 0
Smart: 0
Tough: 0
Sheen: 0

Attack 1: Nasty Plot
Attack 2: Dark Pulse
Attack 3: Recover
Attack 4: Psycho Boost

OT: Plasma\FFFF\FFFF
ID: 5083 0
Ribbons
Classic Ribbon

It can't be shiny.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
correct yeah mostly all event pokemon with wondercards can never be shiny its always shiny locked unless its normally distributed as a shiny like entei, raikou, and suicune from 4th gen gamestop distribution...just for future reference for everyone...its a known fact and agonist just posted the fact ^

SonicX28

Out of all the pokemon I've encountered, the only shiny I caught was a Shiny Audino and I think I've found a Shiny Stunfisk without even realizing it.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
3 month drought on my end as of today, caught a Lv99 magikarp while fishing in the Nature Preserve though, not shiny though so I wasn't to excited, I wish everyone luck finding shinies since I can't seem to find any XP

Status
Not open for further replies.