• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
~100 Yanma eggs (MM obviously) but with no success, but I am never going to stop until I get my NEW FAVOURITE SHINY OF ALL TIME! Then I am going to MM for a Shiny Slugma because they look epic! ;)

Jorge565

Magikarp
Was in a race against rampant rayquazza for a mm shiny charmander and i win here are the pics!!
IMG_20130523_060506_0_zpsc3509e5f.jpg
IMG_20130523_060514_0_zps657408f7.jpg
is anyone else up for another race? Pm Me if you are

Last edited:

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*

YES, after 5277 SRs, only 13 SRs today in my Japanese Black, this awesome thing appeared :D. I knew it was shiny because the same thing happened to me with my shiny Thundurus, the L/R buttons were held down by an elastic band and it was shifting between normal and SHINY! I shouted OH MY GOD, and was freaking out, now my family think I'm crazy XD.

Normal VS Shiny comparison!
Another angle

Oh man, now I'm excited, I get to track down this badness, and capture it. Right now I'm too busy staring at the screen in the above picture. The difference was startling to me, so glad it was easier to spot than I thought it would :D.

I just hope it'll be an easy capture :).

EDIT:
Yeah, caught it!

6436b16b-3545-4e02-ba2e-2365cb089132_zpsc1d0685f.jpg

This thing took AGES to capture, breaking free of several types of Pokeballs(including Pokeballs :p) before I was successful in capturing it in a Luxury Ball.

Shiny Tornadus, Lonely nature

It has a Lonely nature, and I'm glad it is finally in my possession ^_^.

Last edited:

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Storm_Dragoon - when is the shininess of Thundurus/Tornadus/Landorus determined?

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Landorus is a standard stationary legend so just SR for it like you would any other legendary pokemon. For the roamers, however, their PID is set once they fly off and will remain set until they are captured or until they are KO'd and re-spawned.

Thank you!

10char

Drakonekoshi

I've been soft resetting for shiny Kyurem for 3 days now, no shiny charm, no cheating devices, at all

it's driving me insane.

Martinzqx

I've been soft resetting for shiny Kyurem for 3 days now, no shiny charm, no cheating devices, at all

it's driving me insane.

I was in your shoes for months! Took me from Feb. 26th to April26th until I caught my shiny Kyurem! Keep going and don't give up! It's so worth it! Good luck!

Drakonekoshi

I don't know if it's okay to post here again, but I GOT EM! Kyurem has shined for me! I'm so happy TUT~

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Hi All!

Just passed 5000 RE now on my Black Version, doing over 500 today! Still no luck though, but I hope I get a Shiny on Route 9 soon! Please just don't be a Shiny Gothorita though, PLEASE!

See Ya! ;)

EDIT: WTF, 5006 Encounters, then my Game freezes! Never happened on Black before, so I had to reboot my game and start at 4638 Encounters :( So, so annoyed at the moment!

Last edited:

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
OMG Guys!

As you may have known from my Post above, I was really annoyed earlier, but now I am so happy!

A SHINY PAWNIARD has just appeared in Black!

I can't show any proof as my camera is dodgy at the moment, but I will try to post a pic ASAP!

Sorry for the Double Post Mods and I beat you jorge565 (We were racing for a Shiny)

beebo

Finally :)
Hi Guys ..
Ive been a shiny hunter for over 5 years now although i stopped hunting the past couple of years
i suddenly had the urge to hunt this weekend and after almost 1500 Sr's I got my reward
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYd5SFWH444

yes its a Shiny TEPIG ! my First 5th Generation Shiny !
check out my youtube channel for more shiny videos from back in the day
https://www.youtube.com/user/asthegreat
Good Luck everyone and i hope i come back with a new shiny Soon :

Blue_Ringed_Umbreon

Egg Count: 326
Ive had a seriously lucky run, of late! I caught a Shiny Marill in B2 whilst searching for the Grotto in Route 22, just over a fortnight ago. Then, earlier this evening, I caught a Shiny Magnemite in Virbank Complex, on a re-started W2 game! Including the Zigzagoon in Sapphire, I have 3 in 7 weeks! Seriously cannot believe my luck!!!

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
I thought I'd post a little update on my hunt for Shiny Electrike... It has been, unfortunately, on hold since the Meloetta Event... The reason for this is, I was soft resetting for specific Nature/Characteristic/IV on 2 out of 5 Meloetta from the event. (I like to get at least 5 of the Event Pokémon. 1, or 2 depending on the Pokémon, to raise for a team, the rest to remain unchanged from the event.) Then the Deoxys Wi-Fi Event came around then I did the same for Deoxys. I only got 1 to have the Nature/Characteristic/IV, and I'm still soft resetting my 5th Deoxys for the things I'm wanting... Hopefully I get the Deoxys I'm wanting soon so I can continue my absurdly long hunt for Shiny Electrike...

I just took a look at my count for Electrike Eggs and I am currently at 3,168 Eggs... I feel like it'll never shine, and I often consider dropping this hunt... But my friends keep telling me to "Keep going! It will feel amazing when you get it since it's taken this long!" But the thing is... This hunt has been going on for the past year. I haven't been actually hatching eggs a whole year. I started the hunt over a year ago, but I took a lot of long breaks. Anyway, when a hunt has gone on this long, you kind of lose interest in the hunt, and you feel discouraged...

The really dumb part is, whenever I talk about considering dropping this hunt, one of my friends says "Then I'm giving up on hunting for Shiny Vulpix." What makes it so stupid is, he is jealous of my Shiny Ninetales, and he says he is going to hunt for a Shiny Vulpix(Or any Shiny.), but he never sticks to it. After like, 50 Encounters/Eggs/SR's he complains and gives up because "It's taking forever" and that he "is never going to get it". My thought whenever this happens is, "So, if I give up on a hunt that's gone on longer then every 'hunt' you've done combined, you are going to give up on a hunt that you haven't even made a dent into?"

Anyway, I apologize for the somewhat long story, but I just needed to kinda vent about it... After Shiny Electrike decides to shine, I already have 2 targets I am going to go for. I'm not sure if I want to go for Shiny Beldum via MM first, or Regirock via SR. But before I jump into my next hunt after Electrike, I am going to EV train some Pokémon. So anyway, Congrats to all who have gotten a Shiny recently, and good luck to those of you who are hunting!!

Last edited:

Minedreigon

A monument to all your sins
Ive had a seriously lucky run, of late! I caught a Shiny Marill in B2 whilst searching for the Grotto in Route 22, just over a fortnight ago. Then, earlier this evening, I caught a Shiny Magnemite in Virbank Complex, on a re-started W2 game! Including the Zigzagoon in Sapphire, I have 3 in 7 weeks! Seriously cannot believe my luck!!!
that luck is outstanding. I have many shinys, but my favourite is golbat.

Status
Not open for further replies.