• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I caught my first shiny of the sequels yesterday. Replayed through Black 2 and literally the battle right after getting pokeballs, a shiny patrat appears. I was afraid i'd have to beat it like the golden poochyena in my ruby game :(

Typikachu

I'm hunting for a epic shiny team to replay my white version. Currently using masuda method for Shiny treecko (who wont shine for me T.T) ponyta, lapras, axew, riolu, and skarmory. I cant wait to get them all.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Day before yesterday I caught a shiny ferroseed and yesterday I caught a shiny boldore. 2 shinies in 2 days XDD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well I've resumed working on my Shiny Psyduck Masuda Method hunt. I started the hunt several months ago and it put it off for a while, but I restarted it last week and I've hatched an additional 200 eggs since I last updated. That's not much but since I rarely play White version these days it's getting harder to focus on Shiny hunts. I've been playing Black 2 a bit more and I'm doing random encounters on Route 22. I'm not looking for anything in particular; I'm just hoping that another Shiny appears since I once found a Shiny Pelipper there.

EpicLT

Ugh. I'm on my possibly 300-350th houndour egg now. Houndoom is my favorite pokemon, and with the rumors of a new mega evolution/evolution for him I have to have a shiny competitive for him. I've never gotten a shiny when trying, my first and only two were an swablu and omanyte on sapphire randomly.

Am I the only one who just releases the hatched pokemon once a set of 5 is complete? I'm trying to get a shiny of him ASAP with everstone and MM. God I hope its male, or I may just cry. I'll be able to handle not having early bird, it'll hurt though. I can't have a female houndoom. That just doesnt sit right with me for some reason.

Last edited:

Slix

Poliwager Admin
Well this is my first post in this thread here, but I read through a bunch of the older thread and this one as well.

So, hello, I'm Slix, and I've got a bunch of shinies from various methods on my games already, but right now I'm hunting for a shiny Houndour (we're in this together, EpicLT! I also release as I hatch, it seems faster to me) using my Shiny Charm and the Masuda Method on my White 2. I'm up to about 1400 eggs already, no luck so far. Here's hoping! Good luck to everyone else as well!

varanus_komodoensis

they call me Varanus
Ugh. I'm on my possibly 300-350th houndour egg now. Houndoom is my favorite pokemon, and with the rumors of a new mega evolution/evolution for him I have to have a shiny competitive for him. I've never gotten a shiny when trying, my first and only two were an swablu and omanyte on sapphire randomly.

Am I the only one who just releases the hatched pokemon once a set of 5 is complete? I'm trying to get a shiny of him ASAP with everstone and MM. God I hope its male, or I may just cry. I'll be able to handle not having early bird, it'll hurt though. I can't have a female houndoom. That just doesnt sit right with me for some reason.

Houndoom's pretty awesome. He's one of my favorite Pokemon, too, and he really needs that mega evolution because of his bad stats. If he does have one, you better believe that I'll be using him competitively :) Houndour was my first shiny that I ever hatched, after 2 eggs, and I wasn't even MM'ing! Mine is male with Early Bird, too. Anyway, to answer your question, I also release the set of 5 I have in my party before getting more eggs. It makes the most sense that way, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Slix

Poliwager Admin
Last night, after about 1750 eggs, I finally got my shiny Houndour. She's all EV trained already, Timid, and is working on leveling up to level 100. :D

What next now...

alexfirefist6

been hatching for the past 6 hours for a shiny smeragle and watching the office, makes me sad that i have nothing better to do on a sunday :( and still no luck! >.<

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
Last night at around 9:55 P.M. I came across a Shiny Litwick in Celestial Tower while EV Training my Shiny Suicune from the event for Gen 4 games.

It's ironic because I was literally JUST talking to my Mom about Shiny Litwick a few minutes before it appeared. I also had a really strong feeling that I would find a Shiny while EV Training.

I caught it in the first Poké Ball that was thrown. It has Bashful Nature and it's Characteristic is Highly Curious.

Her IVs are...
HP: 22 or 23
Attack: 20 or 21
Defense: 10 or11
Sp. Attack: 30
Sp. Defense: 13 or 14
Speed: 8 or 9

Yes, I do have the Shiny Charm. But it's not about the current shiny encounter odds depending on the situation. It's about whether or not it's legit, which it is legit, and a shiny is a shiny! ^w^

100_8469.jpg

100_8474.jpg

100_8486.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness in the pictures. My camera isn't the greatest..

Last edited:

supdawg

60 hours hatching mm eggs and no shiny yet AAaaaahhhh!

Jake.

Getting back into shiny hunting (and Pokemon in general) after a long break. I'm currently SRing for a shiny starter in HeartGold, with 200 SRs completed so far. Hoping for a shiny Totodile, but I would be quite pleased if either of the other two shined as well. :)

supdawg

60 hours hatching mm eggs and no shiny yet AAaaaahhhh!
Finally hatched my MM shiny this morning after 10 more hours,then I went ev training and found a shiny Golurk :D I took pictures but it wont let me upload them,im trying for a shiny Latias now currently at like 200 resets

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I have a question. I have shiny hunted successfully 3 times with Masuda Method. Does Flame Body field ability stack if you have more than one pokemon with the ability in your party?

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Still trying to get my Shiny MM Yanma ~ 500 Eggs!

On other news, I did get 5 Shiny Electrike's and a Shiny Ralts (FINALLY) on Platinum whilst Chaining!

Tyranith

Just a guy
So I just accidentally bred a Shiny DW Eevee :p It would be awesome, but I didn't give any of the parents any power items or an everstone, so its kinda shabby.

Right now, I want to shoot to breed a shiny impish DW Gligar. Egg counter, START!

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I'm still doing MM with Cottonee, this is taking aaaaagggggeeeesssssss...

...I'm on about 200 eggs currently :|.

Status
Not open for further replies.