• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
You're free to take it up with the club mod/s.

In the end there is no 'best' way or right way to do it; but this is just how we've gone with it and more or less it's worked.

Sure is a popular subject, this one. =p

I will agree with this, it works, no matter how many people have found it useless. I don't want to debate this anymore. I might see if anyone else has interest in the revival of the shiny hunters club.

And, it is popular, indeed =P

Anyone up for reviving the shiny club then?

Right. I'm up to 1,815 REs in Pinwheel Forest.

Last edited:

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I'd be happy to see a shiny hunters' club return, although I remember that the last one had problems with drama and people posting one-line, essentially spam posts. But if those problems could be avoided, it would be really great to see IMO.

Anyway, I'm back to boxing up Ponytas; I'm at 1574 right now and I would really like one before 2k >.< I've been hunting this since March and I'd really like to do something else!

And, 7 months ago today, I got a shiny Kyogre in Sapphire and started SRing for Snivy in Black... I find it really annoying that I STILL haven't played through the Black version that I got for Christmas. SHINE SNIVY!!!

Congrats to everyone on any recently obtained shinies, and good luck on your hunts =)

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I'm @ 460 eggs for shiny Cynda.PLZ shine soon Cynda!:')
Good luck everyone.

ShinyHaxorus

Got myself my first 5gen shiny today Drilbur is it worth EV training him? I've never had one before I know it evolves into Excadrill which looks pretty cool but what areas should I beast up with EV training? Any advice would be great :)

Also I'm 1000 encounter's in and still no shiny Axew *sigh*

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Got myself my first 5gen shiny today Drilbur is it worth EV training him? I've never had one before I know it evolves into Excadrill which looks pretty cool but what areas should I beast up with EV training? Any advice would be great :)

Also I'm 1000 encounter's in and still no shiny Axew *sigh*

Excadrill has amazing attack stats so it's worth EV training (though any pokemon is if you want to use it). But how to train it may depend on what nature it has.

ShinyHaxorus

Excadrill has amazing attack stats so it's worth EV training (though any pokemon is if you want to use it). But how to train it may depend on what nature it has.

Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty new to all this although I have been playing Pokémon since red came out, my Drilbur is of sassy nature and is apparently mischievous.. is that a good thing?

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
^ Not really since Excadrill relies mostly on attack and speed and the sassy nature lowers speed :s and Mischievous is a special attack IV characteristic so that wouldn't be useful considering its base Special attack is pretty low but none the less its a great shiny and pretty good pokemon in-game.

A bit passed 2k encounters in Challengers Cave hope this hunt doesn't take too long, good luck everyone.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Thanks for the reply! I'm pretty new to all this although I have been playing Pokémon since red came out, my Drilbur is of sassy nature and is apparently mischievous.. is that a good thing?

It's not an amazing thing as it lowers it's speed which is something you want to be higher if you're focusing on Attack.

Excadrill's Sp. Defense isn't bad though and with the boost from the Sassy nature (it lowers speed stats by 10% whilst upping Sp. Defense stats by 10% btw) you might be able to make a defensive Excadrill. There's one on Smogon - it requires Adamant nature which gives a boost in attack but you have to work with what you've got. http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/excadrill

What Ability does it have? I'm assuming it doesn't have it's DW ability meaning it will have Sand Rush which can cause a boost in Speed of Sand Force which causes a boost in certain Attacks, both of which could help you out. I can do my best but I'm sure the more veteran players will be able to come up with some viable ideas.

ShinyHaxorus

It's not an amazing thing as it lowers it's speed which is something you want to be higher if you're focusing on Attack.

Excadrill's Sp. Defense isn't bad though and with the boost from the Sassy nature (it lowers speed stats by 10% whilst upping Sp. Defense stats by 10% btw) you might be able to make a defensive Excadrill. There's one on Smogon - it requires Adamant nature which gives a boost in attack but you have to work with what you've got. http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/excadrill

What Ability does it have? I'm assuming it doesn't have it's DW ability meaning it will have Sand Rush which can cause a boost in Speed of Sand Force which causes a boost in certain Attacks, both of which could help you out. I can do my best but I'm sure the more veteran players will be able to come up with some viable ideas.

Yeah it's got the Sand Rush ability, I must admit that bulky excadrill sounds really good as I've got a adamant natured axew that also has mold breaker that I breeded (and needs EV training speed and attack right?) also major thanks for the link to that site I'm going to read up on everything now!

Crimson_Blazer

Just trained my damp golduck a bit so it can last a bit longer if i finally get this drifblim. Switching between victory roads in B and SS and hunting route 14? For drifblim, even another jigglypuff would be cool since i evolved mine already, speakin of not getting right nature when MMing, some ppl might remember my Axew hunt. I was using an adamant everstone and she hatched with a freaking CALM nature and rivalry...when english BW2 come out ill be adamant synchronizing that haxorus till i get it w/ mold breaker and the right nature

Last edited:

Stunk

Shiny hunter
Finnalyyyyyyy! Got my shiny charmander earlier today (can't post pics cause Im in a hurry to the airport) it took me a total of 22,673 SR's on my Fire Red and I started this hunt back in April, hope you all have a good day/summer break, Bye!

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
^ Wow gratz! Nice to see your hard work paid off.

Well I just found out that cute charm doesn't effect the gender of shinies in 4th gen :/ so most likely I won't get my female Combee on SS but I'm still gonna keep headbutting maybe I'll get lucky and it will be female if not I'll have to go back to RE'ing route 11 on white which kinda sucks since I already got 11 shinies in that route (one being a male Combee -.-) but I'm not giving up on Shiny Vespiquen, I must have it.

mogan3

Wanna trade
earlier in this forum i was shiny huntin a sheildon it took me 309 eggs then i finally got it and congrats on the new shinies every body

Ribemba

Garchomp Trainer
shiny hydreigon is great!!!!!! but shiny tornadus, thundurus and landorus suck...

Floette

Fennekin
Congrats on the shiny Charmander!

Boxed up 7 more boxes of Castform, hoping for another easy hunt like Zubat. I might do a side RE hunt in SS, but thats unrelated.

City of Delusion, I really hope you get that shiny Vespiqueen, it seems like you have wanted it for a while hehe.

Going to box up some more eggs and hatch them tomorrow. I am thinking about all of the shinies I want to hunt before BW2 English comes out so I feel like I am running out of time. Hoping Castform shines quickly. (There was a huge rainstorm when I was collecting eggs tonight, I'm hoping thats a good sign for Castform :))

So: does anyone else get tired while MM'ing (or possibly RE'ing or other hunting methods? For some reason it puts me to sleep, not from boredom, but more the fact that its a bit relaxing. I find myself closing my eyes while riding my bike and briefly opening them while passing the Day Care Man.. its like I am MM'ing in my sleep :D

Dangertrout

Congrats on the shiny Charmander!

Boxed up 7 more boxes of Castform, hoping for another easy hunt like Zubat. I might do a side RE hunt in SS, but thats unrelated.

City of Delusion, I really hope you get that shiny Vespiqueen, it seems like you have wanted it for a while hehe.

Going to box up some more eggs and hatch them tomorrow. I am thinking about all of the shinies I want to hunt before BW2 English comes out so I feel like I am running out of time. Hoping Castform shines quickly. (There was a huge rainstorm when I was collecting eggs tonight, I'm hoping thats a good sign for Castform :))

So: does anyone else get tired while MM'ing (or possibly RE'ing or other hunting methods? For some reason it puts me to sleep, not from boredom, but more the fact that its a bit relaxing. I find myself closing my eyes while riding my bike and briefly opening them while passing the Day Care Man.. its like I am MM'ing in my sleep :D

Playing pokemon does make me tired, but never tired enough to sleep. Too bad, since it would really help out these days. just can't seem to fall asleep before 3am, no matter what I try >.<
Silver lining: I get to play pokemon without it interfering with life activities :p

Drilbur hunt is still on, somewhere in the 150-200 range on eggs.

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
I've reached 1,600 Eggs in my Shiny Electrike Hunt on Pokémon Black. Still no luck in hatching it though... I hope it shines soon!

Good luck to everyone else on their hunts and congrats if you found any lately!

Kyle Clarthy

Anyway, I'm back to boxing up Ponytas; I'm at 1574 right now and I would really like one before 2k >.< I've been hunting this since March and I'd really like to do something else!

And, 7 months ago today, I got a shiny Kyogre in Sapphire and started SRing for Snivy in Black... I find it really annoying that I STILL haven't played through the Black version that I got for Christmas. SHINE SNIVY!!!

Good luck for your egg hatching, Rykerr, but more importantly for your Snivy SRs ... what a massive pain! It's long due, that's for sure. I don't think you will, but don't give up! Keep at it, and if Snivy is still being a pain, then you know where to come if you want to vent to prevent going nuts.

Hmm, a shiny club, you say? I don't know ... I don't really know if my opinion matters all that much, but if there is to be a shiny club, all these other topics may be ignored. Shouldn't we try to focus on reviving those, or at least posting in them a little bit more first? At the end of the day, I'd probably be happy with whatever. I need to post here more often, that's for sure, and any excuse will do. But yeah, I don't really know how it all works, and I hope that if it was done, it was done properly and in a way that it lasted for a long time, rather than a few months and then be ruined again.

Congratulations Stunk on that Charmander ... such dedication! And congrats on the Shieldon, Mogan!

City of Delusion, you were the one who was after a female Combee, and got basically everything else but ... and multiples, like a couple of Tranquills and three Rapidash, right? I wish you the best of luck! What a massive pain. I'm just wondering if anyone here has a shiny female Combee? If only a male one wasn't so useless then it wouldn't be such a problem. But yeah, your male Combee would basically be a trophy at the end of the day and that's it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.