• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Hey everyone, just thought I'd post an update about my 5th gen progress. I just finished boxing 360 more Ponyta eggs and I'm at 1596 right now, so I'm just hoping that I'll get a shiny in this batch. I won't be starting another MM hunt right after Ponyta shines since I just started hunting Groudon in SS and therefore have too many hunts going on at once >.< So, I'll mostly be hanging out in the 3rd and 4th gen threads, in all likelihood.

Anyway, congrats on all recent shinies, especially Lileep and Audino =) Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Luneth777

Shiny Hunter
HNI_0019.JPG
This poochyenna hatched after only 90 eggs with the MM method. I named it Rocky(kudos to those of you who get the reference)

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
Bit late as I didn't post, but I have to say I laughed a touch.

Let me set this short story up-

>Have a cousin
>Cousin and I bought White/Black together
>He wanted a shiny Flygon like he used to have
>We co-owned a shop for a while
>He sold the shop-cartridge and said quit pokemon for the time being having not replaced that shiny Flygon

I got bored and threw my Jap Ditto and Flygon in the care and got a shiny Trapinch after 3 eggs.

All I needed to be honest. Just made me laugh.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
I've hatched 10 boxes.no shiny yet.I only have 5 boxes left.Plz shine Cynda!:3
GL mina!:p

Landroval

Another 2 boxes of charmander eggs hatched with no luck. I am going to single-handedly create a stable population of them in Unova at this rate.

Dangertrout

Another 2 boxes of charmander eggs hatched with no luck. I am going to single-handedly create a stable population of them in Unova at this rate.

I really wish releasing pokemon to the wild could affect the catch list of an area. think of all the bulbasaurs I released!! :p
finally got past 200 Rattata in this latest batch, no shiny >.<

TheMaster327

View attachment 5424
This poochyenna hatched after only 90 eggs with the MM method. I named it Rocky(kudos to those of you who get the reference)

Congrats! A fan of Recon Dye, I take it?

Approaching 2,000 Tauros eggs now, and I will put this hunt on hold when it does hit 2,000, so I can do a 'smart shift' where I change target when a shiny is due, in order for a shorter hunt. Will probably switch target to Bulbasaur...

Last edited:

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
View attachment 5424

Rocky as in the dog from the Look Whose Talking movie series with Travolta as the father?

I'm boxing Oshawott eggs so I can hatch tomorrow on the bus, school is back in session for me.
They're talking about having half-days for most of August due to some of the schools having no AC or lack-of so I may have a chance at hatching an egg.

Cutty

Forever now
I really wish releasing pokemon to the wild could affect the catch list of an area. think of all the bulbasaurs I released!! :p
finally got past 200 Rattata in this latest batch, no shiny >.<

I even wish we could directly release eggs in the wild. o_O
I still have 7 boxes of my first MM hunt Yanma in Platinum... Believe it or not.
That hunt taught me a lesson to just use 3 boxes for MM.

I did 400 encounters for my overall hunts today.

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Congrats on all the recent shinies!

Looks like we had a flurry for a bit there - I was hoping this would entice my current hunt out, but it didn't.

So far I've hatched 1,100 eggs in my Mystery Hunt and gathered 100 more last night.

Question to all: what keeps you motivated DURING hunts? Personally, I look at the shiny sprite again and again, obviously come here, and even go to YouTube to watch videos of live captures/hatches/etc. to keep me motivated.

I'm curious to see what others find extra motivating when they don't know when that shiny will appear...

Good luck to all!

Uber_Fuller

<-- Latest Shiny
Congrats on all the recent shinies!

Looks like we had a flurry for a bit there - I was hoping this would entice my current hunt out, but it didn't.

So far I've hatched 1,100 eggs in my Mystery Hunt and gathered 100 more last night.

Question to all: what keeps you motivated DURING hunts? Personally, I look at the shiny sprite again and again, obviously come here, and even go to YouTube to watch videos of live captures/hatches/etc. to keep me motivated.

I'm curious to see what others find extra motivating when they don't know when that shiny will appear...

Good luck to all!

I also watch YouTube videos of people getting the shiny that I am looking for live. I feel that that motivates me a lot. Abother thing that I do a lot is just watch tv. That really helps. I am currently watching the olympics to keep me motivated on my eevee hunt at Castelia Park.

Dangertrout

I even wish we could directly release eggs in the wild. o_O
I still have 7 boxes of my first MM hunt Yanma in Platinum... Believe it or not.
That hunt taught me a lesson to just use 3 boxes for MM.

I did 400 encounters for my overall hunts today.

watch it turns out you have 3 shiny yanmas in those eggs :p

Floette

Fennekin
Tonight I am power storing eggs for my Absol MM in White.

Hatched 1 so far :p

ImAnOKIE12

Sexy Cowboy
Just Started a hunt for shiny cleffa :3 Breede about 30 eggs. would be more, but people keep askin for requests! Lol about to have to say "Temporarily not taking requests due to shininess of cleffa"

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
Wow new shiny topic. now I feel old. Vanished randomly for a few months, back tho..
anyways I've hatched approx 4 boxes of Eevees. I really want a blue lined umbreon.... but then again maybe I could go for a 5th gen so people dont think it was hacked with a snap. idk. I'm doing Eevee right now, who thinks I should go back and do Solosis?

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Woot!!

Finished my mystery Masuda Method hunt tonight on egg number 1,120!!

The nature is perfect (Adamant), it's male (expected), and I even got the Solid Rock ability... Know what it is yet - my favorite Gen V Pokemon?

TIRTOUGA!!!

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.png

I'm actually pretty upset with it's IVs. The parents both had 27+ in Attack and mine got passed down... an 8.

Oh, and it's Special Defense? A freaking ZERO. Ugh - someone make me feel better about these awful IV's.

Still, can't be too disappointed as it was less than 1,366.

Good luck to all and I hope my shiny luck wears off on you! Keep at it!

Lastly, I updated my signature.

:D

Last edited:

Dangertrout

well... I was going to drop a VM, but it's not enabled. so "congrats on tirtouga!"

I've started back on my Drilbur hunt, I'm not going to keep track of eggs for this one though. Hopefully it goes quick *crosses fingers*

Landroval

Well there are another 60 charmanders running around Unova now, I think I might hold off on the shiny Charizard for now and try my luck at something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.