• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
How did you get that Zubat? Was it RE?

Yep my XD zubat was completely RE on XD at lv18 its UT and will remain that, its my second favorite pokemon I own now

when I found it on XD
It's summary
In my pokemon XD PC
In pal park on platinum
It's moves on platinum
Finally its on white 2 now
Sorry for the bunch of pictures

Last edited:

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Had a total scare, my 3DS (in a crystal case I bought for cheaps on Amazon) was on my bed, I moved the sheets a little, a single inch. It dropped to the ground, case flew open, I was REing at the little park in Hiun and as Arceus was my savior, I picked it up and my 3DS was okay. No scratches or anything of the sort and best of all my game didn't freeze. 75 cents plus tax worth it. The case is okay too.

I'm working on two targets, a shiny eevee and skitty.
Which ever comes first, will be my lead until I get the other.

I was not aware XD/Colo had shinies, legit anyway. I thought it was standard, it only showed shinies you brought from R/S/E/LG/FR.

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Almost halfway to getting the shiny charm, I looked through all my my games and realized the only pokemon I don't have are Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Suicune and of course the Unova events(which are not needed) so got a long way to go since I am only about 10 minutes into Heartgold and Leafgreen :(

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
Lucky you.
It just turns out I have extras of those legends that you need.
Not the Unova ones, the other ones.

If you want I can give you my extras. I won't need them, I have sets.

Thanks, but unfortunately I don't have Wi-Fi access otherwise I would take them in a heartbeat, and I don't mind playing through Heartgold and Leafgreen anyway, more chance of encountering a shiny, including the fake shiny gyarados in HG. Only thing I'm gonna hate is the national dex requirement in LG, definitely the second hardest/tedious of the Gen games.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I was not aware XD/Colo had shinies, legit anyway. I thought it was standard, it only showed shinies you brought from R/S/E/LG/FR.
Well they are shiny with sparkles if you trade them over to XD and Coloseum, shadow pokemon on Coloseum can be shiny XD shadows can NEVER be shiny, wild pokemon at poke spots on XD are the only pokemon in XD that can be shiny outside of the lottery ticket mini games on them, this zubat is so rare because the poke spots don't go off that much and you encounter an average of 3- maybe 12 pokemon in an hour max but in the other games that number is multiplied by at least 5 well if you are searching in grass and caves anyway, I was going to teach zubat mimic til I forgot I taught that to my flareon, I am very proud of Tue zubat, also the only other pokemon that can ever be shiny on the games are your umbreon and or Espeon on Coloseum and or your eevee starter on XD ask Rayce about his shiny XD eevee

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
OMG OMG OMG!!

So I was watching a shiny hunter's video about him catching a shiny Elekid at the Complex.
So I had my buds in, hunting for anything in the Complex. When suddenly a sparkle occured.
I'm uploading my video right now and I'll post it soon. OMG OMG OMG OMG!

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
OMG OMG OMG!!

So I was watching a shiny hunter's video about him catching a shiny Elekid at the Complex.
So I had my buds in, hunting for anything in the Complex. When suddenly a sparkle occured.
I'm uploading my video right now and I'll post it soon. OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Congrats, what shiny did you get?

In other news, just caught Kyurem in Black for Dex completion, took forever cause kept on getting low IV's, off to get Terrakion.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I'm still hunting for my shiny Snivy in White 2. I really wish it would shine so I could get on with my game (and the rest of my badge quest). I'm currently at 3762 soft resets.

Good luck every body, and congrats on the new shinies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, what next? A full shiny team for finding all the items in the game?
Seriously, I can't be the only one who's pissed about this.

I'm a little surprised that they added guaranteed shinies to B2/W2, but I'm not upset about it. However, I do know why other people might not like it. They work hard to get their shinies, and now Game Freak is putting them in the games so that anyone can get them without doing the work.

Anyway, I hatched 150 more eggs this weekend for my Shiny Pichu Masuda Method hunt. I have almost 40 more eggs stored in my PC, so I'll see if I can hatch those today (although frankly, I'm tired of traveling around on the Skyarrow Bridge). I'll see if I can hatch the eggs elsewhere. Aside from my Shiny Pichu hunt, I've been trading back some shinies that I got via trade a few months ago. I didn't really need some of them since they were only meant to fill up my Pokedex, so I thought I'd track down their owners and give them back. I'm only keeping the Legendary shinies and my own shinies; the rest can go.

Malmortius

Spent 2 hours at the gym, the whole time soft reseting my black 2 for a shiny Oshawott.

Nothing yet :( A good way to pass the time, though.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Still nothing during the several hours I searched for shinies, I'm gonna go catch pokemon on platinum to complete ky pokedex for white 2, wish me luck at least on there with shinies :p

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Haven't been able to get as many SRs as I wanted this weekend. Finding out that it doesn't take 50 seconds, but around a minute (usually more) to see each Tepig has put me off my calculations ( don't count the SRs, I just make a vague esteem based on the time that I spend hunting). There's no way I'm making 60x hour. I can't wait to also get white 2 so that I can double-hunt. If I do, then I know that I should be able to get in at least 1000 Tepigs a week.

GL to everyone else, btw ^_^

GreekAnalyzer

Rocket Admin
Cannot MM a Solosis. I keep trying though.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I can't believe I need to catch all the pokemon (649) to be able to get the damn shiny charm -_- I will be rushing all week

AzulTheCerulean20

Borne by Valkyries
I can't believe I need to catch all the pokemon (649) to be able to get the damn shiny charm -_- I will be rushing all week

(645), you don't need to get the Unova events. I won't be able to continue on my quest till tomorrow cause I'm gonna be travelling for 12 hours

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
(645), you don't need to get the Unova events. I won't be able to continue on my quest till tomorrow cause I'm gonna be travelling for 12 hours

Well, for me its 649 since I already traded those over and then back, I'm trying to evolve a mareep Into a flaaffy and in the mean time km hinting for a shiny mareep

Status
Not open for further replies.