• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Holy crap finally! 12,786 encounters and i got a shiny pupitar! So glad it wasn't fearow, also as a bonus i picked up PKRS during the hunt!
1A8D6C66-2AFA-497A-A3DC-4AF2FAEDA5AF-531-000000FE9774C381.jpg

Live encounter video will be posted when its done uploading.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFw9nW3u70&sns=em

Congrats on the Pupitar, I have never double hunted on 2 games at once, I just wish the pokemon at floccessy ranch would shiny already, 50% chance of it NOT being a shiny patrat or lillipup :)

Malmortius

After 18,044 SRs, im finally able to start my Pokemon Black 2 :)

I'm just so happy i can actually start the game, im not too bothered about its stats or whatnot.

142425.jpg

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Congratulations!
You deserved the shiny.
Meanwhile I have different eggs to hatch all different Pokemon I want shiny forms of, I figured hey, if I can't MM a singular target why not go the extra mile?

If I don't get anything from my MM hunt I'll switch to REing again, I wish my target would shine, nothing like a shiny Skorupi on birthday morning.

~.~

Pokemon breeder

I'm just so happy i can actually start the game, im not too bothered about its stats or whatnot.

(Image)

That takes some amazing patience! Congrats!

Seeing these intense spouts of luck makes me want to join the hunt for shinies too! Well.. that, and my first one in B2.

Malmortius

That takes some amazing patience! Congrats!

Seeing these intense spouts of luck makes me want to join the hunt for shinies too! Well.. that, and my first one in B2.

Patience, and something to do while you SR.

I've watched all season of Spartacus, Dexter, breaking bad, X-files and the walking dead while SRing =D

Dylz

Trainer since 1997
Holy crap, I already get bored after even 50 SR's, not my thing. I only do RE & MM. D:

Much respect for you. :eek:

PokeAJ

Holy crap, I already get bored after even 50 SR's, not my thing. I only do RE & MM. D:

Much respect for you. :eek:
Same. I SR'd for a shiny Giratina in Platinum and got to 500 before giving up, which was miserably mind numbing. I swore I wouldn't SR again. I'll stick to MM and chaining.

Malmortius

I am currently soft resetting for a shiny Latios in Black 2. I am over 1200 SR and I started yesterday.

Lets say it takes a minute to SR once, thats 60 an hour.

1200 SRs would take around 20 hours of constant SRing. Even 100 per hour would be 12 hours long.

You're telling me you did 20 hours of SRing in one day? Stop trying to impress people.

Last edited:

PokemonAdventures149

One minute to soft reset once? No way.. Unless you are very slow at pressing the A button or you are actually restarting your DS instead of just Soft Resetting.. I actually did spend around 14 hours doing this with breaks in between to go out and get lunch/dinner. I was catching up on Naruto and One Piece so it wasn't that bad.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader

142425.jpg

Congrats on your oshawatt still no luck on finding a shiny at floccessy ranch yet

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter

142425.jpg

OMG OMG OMG congrats to you ^^ thats so awesome

RaichuArcanine

Hunting Sparkles
After 518 eggs I got my shiny Purrloin on Black 2!(I started the hunt on white and it finished in Black 2).
Pics:
168867836a2f1c7ff5698368d32449c6e3dd7b61.jpg

16886782d18123e85a4a8f86a2a0440f9a30c4bb.jpg

168867811c1cc378569a3fb4a61a910e4d3ec8d8.jpg

So happy! As soon as I hatch the rest of the eggs I'll move onto my next target, Growlithe. Best of luck to everyone.
~RaichuArcanine~​

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Whoa gratz on the recent shinies! After 8949 encounters my 4th shiny for my badge quest appears!

Ocdorable.jpg

Nature is Lonely and she has Cute Charm which I'm ok with, now I'm SR'ing for Mandibuzz since I really need a flyer. Good luck everyone!

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Whoa gratz on the recent shinies! After 8949 encounters my 4th shiny for my badge quest appears!

Ocdorable.jpg

Nature is Lonely and she has Cute Charm which I'm ok with, now I'm SR'ing for Mandibuzz since I really need a flyer. Good luck everyone!

Damn, your speeding through your BQ more than anyone else here congrats on your new shiny :)

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
^ Thanks! Btw, their is another thread called "Anything and Everything Shiny - 2.0!" in the General Pokemon Discussion forum where you can talk about anything shiny related across all generations. I think there are about 6 people doing a Black/White 2 badge quest and right now both Shiny Lord and I are both tied at 4 shinies so far. Its a bit more active in that thread so I just thought I should let everyone know. :]

When you guys use masuda method are you just getting a a ton of eggs deposited and hatching them later? Or do you keep 5 in your inventory and when one hatches get another from the day care man?

PokemonAdventures149

When you guys use masuda method are you just getting a a ton of eggs deposited and hatching them later? Or do you keep 5 in your inventory and when one hatches get another from the day care man?

I'm not sure about other people but I like to just take 5 eggs, hatch at least 3 then put them in the PC. Seems to be the quickest way for me. But I realize now that just putting them in the PC will cause trouble if your hunt goes too far, so maybe releasing all the bad natured ones would be a better solution.

ATLRhyno

Does masuda method with shining charm make it easier to hatch shinies. Is it worth trying? Do u really think it is worth trying to get? Pm or post on my visitor messages how u feel about this.

MegaJonZero

Pokemon Master
I just hatched my second Shiny Vulpix last night. Its a timid nature with Drought and has 31 IVs in speed and Sp attack! It took awhile but not as long as my Scraggy in White.

Status
Not open for further replies.