• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyada

Got my first shiny ever! :D I was breeding some starters two days ago and I accidently MM'd myself a shiny Totodile. Completely forgot one of the parents was German. Its name is Claws, because it hatched on the sixth of December, which in my country is Santa Claus Day. That's what I call a nice gift from Santa :D It took only 3 eggs for it to shine! Just when I thought my cartridge is unable to produce shiny Pokemon or something. I'm still overjoyed!

Everyone, good luck with your hunts!

^ Congrats, totodile is a great shiny and a really nice christmas surprise. Congrats everyone else too. Im now at 1500 eggs for my shroomish! I really do hope it shines because im less than 3 boxes away from my longest mm. Gl all!
Edit: Just got it at 1531 eggs!
Adamant and effect spore! Thrilled!!!

Last edited:

ShaunMHolder

Hello everybody!

It's been over a year at least since I posted in a Serebii shiny hunting thread! After the release of Pokemon B/W2 I've gotten back into it. I've caught a couple of shinies since then; the most recent being sanndile and sandshrew in Relic Castle. Looking forward to posting here in the future!

So far I am in the process of Masuda Method Hatching (with shiny charm) for Yamask. After my Yamask I hope to go for a legend via Soft Reset. First I have to finish my copy of Black two so I can dual hunt with them with the shiny charm. (Also working on my 2nd Badge Quest Shiny in SS).

Any how, good luck with your hunts everybody!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Yay,I'm back for hunting shinies.
I actually started last night with collecting 2 boxes of Cyndaquil eggs.I'm slow.I know,But I have exams next week so I won't have much time to hunt.:3

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
Christmas has come early for me!!! I caught my dream shiny a few minutes ago!! I started the hunt about 2 and a half weeks after B2W2 came out, after a few weeks of hunting, I took a break and started hunting again 2 days ago thanks to the encouragement from my friend. I did use the Shiny Charm, I'm not going to deny it, because to me, it's the value of the shiny, not how hard it was to get. It took me 734 Soft resets total to get this beauty. She has Modest Nature thanks to Espeon's Synchronize!
222237_437793232941600_332061230_n.jpg

I apologize for poor photo quality, took it with my Nintendo 3DS.

Her IV's are:
Latias - #380 (Modest)
Female (♀)
HP: 25
Att: 10 - 12
Def: 3
SpA: 8 - 9
SpD: 15 - 16
Speed: 14 - 15

Such a beautiful Shiny!

Edit: I finished EV training her and her 3 best stats are Sp. Attack - 326, HP - 300 and Speed - 296. Really good even if I say so myself!

Attachments

• 222237_437793232941600_332061230_n.jpg
    222237_437793232941600_332061230_n.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

HOPPY-SAN

Shiny finder
I'll be working on getting a few shinies... but the first shiny that I got in White 2 was a random encounter Marill when I was training an electric Pokemon. Good thing I had a quick ball.

Markasdarkas

Shiny Hunter!
Lots of new shiny pokes! Congrats Cyada, Hoppy_San on the Marill, and a huge congrats to Rail1994 on the beautiful shiny Latias ^^ I am actually SRing a Latias now :D Keep up the great work everyone and dont give up.

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Congratz on the shiny Latias.I want one too but I need to finish my Japanese white 2 to SR one.:p
I'm still trying to complete my pokemon balck.
Anyways.I managed to hatch 92 eggs so far.No shinies yet.
Good luck guys! ^-^

Major congrats on latias , i really want one , but i never have patience for sr! I have now begun a new mm, it is for shellder, slow start of only 90 eggs, i'll get there though. Gl guys! You all need it!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I decided to postpone my Shiny Pichu Masuda Method hunt since I had already hatched over 1,500 eggs and it seemed pointless to continue for the time being. I'll go back to that after the holidays since that's when I'll have more time to focus on it without being distracted by other things. In the meantime I've set up some trades with people since I want to get all the Shiny Eevee evolutions on Black version. I already have a Shiny Flareon and a Shiny Jolteon that I evolved from a Shiny event Eevee, so now I just need Vaporeon, Umbreon, Espeon, Glaceon and Leafeon.

Toxidkitty

I'm Toxic.
i got a shiny charmander last night :3 he has a terrible nature though :/

br7ndon

hey, all.

i haven't done a hunt for a shiny in a while, partially because i wasn't able to find a good thread without crazy restrictions dragging down the community and i need the moral support, lol. this one seems cool, though!! i'm just getting to the post-game stuff in white 2 but i was really surprised to find two shiny pokemon before i even got to the e4. ridiculous luck.

shiny%2520elekid%2520and%2520druddigon.jpg

i found elekid early on looking for a good growlithe to train. and i found this lovely lady druddigon while searching for a modest zweilous. ain't they cute?

good luck to all of you on hunts! you got dis!

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
^
Wow br7ndon,nice shinies.I never encountered a shiny before finishing the game.
----------------
Anyways.I'm still on 92 eggs for Cynda BUT I ran into a random shiny Woobat today!!!
Since Today is Dec 21,2012 I've called her Maya.Lol.:p
I'll post a picture and details later.
Good luck everyone.^-^

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
My shiny charm finally worked on my white 2 game tonight, about 10-20 minutes ago as well, its an adamant gurdurr, Ivs are 21/20/23/23/30/9 appeared after 12 RE's at encounter # 5,013

Wholly crap, I just found another shiny a SHINY lonely growlithe, odd enough these 2 pokemon were a few of my targets :) Growlithe's IV's are 29/27/23/20/10/18 both appeared in a single battle appeared at encounter number 5153

Last edited:

Chase23

After accidentally finding a shiny Piloswine a few weeks ago while looking for imposter Ditto, I decided to start shiny hunting properly. First target was shiny spheal. I thought I was going to spend the whole of december searching, and then, 1 hour into my hunt, there it was! I about fell over in shock.

Course, then I thought it was easy, and have spent every waking hour the last three weeks looking for a shiny cubchoo. Just about given up hope, put the DS on sleep mode and wandered off to find something more interesting to do. I've just picked it back up and the second thing I find is shiny cubchoo! Get in!

Faith restored, on to the next target...

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
appeared at encounter 5,013
appeared at encounter 5,153
appeared at encounter about I think 5,935
appeared at encounter 6,931
click the images to get bigger pictures I found them all over the weekend at random times, odd enough I was hunting all of them except piloswine

Jonny7197

Shiny Hunter
I've somehow restarted my hunts, found a fair few shinies when I used to hunt, but i've never found a totally random shiny, all of mine have been from hunts (the last of which was a mincino), anyways maybe i'll get lucky at some point.

Anyways can anyone tell me where they get their shiny cards from - i'm too lazy to make one, but if anyone can recommend someone that can make them that'd be great!

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Got my first shiny ever! :D I was breeding some starters two days ago and I accidently MM'd myself a shiny Totodile. Completely forgot one of the parents was German. Its name is Claws, because it hatched on the sixth of December, which in my country is Santa Claus Day. That's what I call a nice gift from Santa :D It took only 3 eggs for it to shine! Just when I thought my cartridge is unable to produce shiny Pokemon or something. I'm still overjoyed!

Everyone, good luck with your hunts!

Your Claws and I have the same birthday :D

Anyway, my first accidental RE was a Boldore in Twist Mountain. I was so happy!

StingrayKurt

I haven't posted in a while so in figured I can share an update. I have now been hunting for heatran for about four days now. This is the first SR that I haven't kept trCk of the numbers. I hope to get him before new years so I can start my baby pokemon ch.

Status
Not open for further replies.