• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersonic233

dont have an image but got a shiny Golduck in the nature preserve on jap white 2 continuing hunt for larvitar bet it would have come by now if I was using a non-shiny charmed game

Pokemonspecialgerman

Finally got the 3 B2/W2 fairies<3 But now starts the real deal. A shiny heatran.
I think this is most difficult legendary shiny hunt in b2/w2 for me. First of all I have problems to weaken this guy with false swipe (almost no damage) + my scizor dies with 2 of heatrans fire attacks. So I decided to use a false swipe Garchomp with sword dance. (I don't have a Endeavor Pokemon and I want to sync. it anyway).
Another problem is to paralyze it. I will just use a Togekiss with thunder wave, but the tricky part is Heatrans Fire Spin that makes me unable to switsch to Garchomp.
But I decided to use a Shed Shell on my Togekiss to avoid that. I'd never though this Item could ever save my ***.. but it will.

Soo.. first Abra -> switch to togekiss -> paralyze heatran -> switch to Garchomp -> boost 2-3 times with sword dance -> weaken heatran with false swipe -> throw balls. I think this is my personal most complicated shiny catch strategie so far. I hope it will work. Shiny heatran still has not shown up yet. And no, I still have 2 Masterballs but I don't want to use them.

Someone else here with shiny heatran experiences?^^

Rai1994

Pokémon Master!
I dont hate you and got a shiny Petilil on jap white 2 while my 3ds was charging. Thats the second random shiny ive found during my Larvitar hunt does masuda method not work if your using shiny charm or soemthing?

No, the Shiny Charm and the Masuda Method stack so instead of the normal Masuda Method odds(1 in 1,365.3) it makes it 1 in 1024.

Jorge565

Magikarp
How do u guys keep track of how many eggs / Sr/ or ev I had a great app but I got a new phone and i can't remember the name

TopDecking Shinobi

Nice little surprise while RE tonight in Reversal Mountain...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:( thats what I wanted when I was REing there. Got Grumpig instead. :'( lol Abundant Shrine is not giving me results, might try elsewhere.

AdamSe7en

Veteran
After years of playing (since the release of the original red and blue versions) I finally got a shiny besides the ones supplied in the game, like the shiny gyarados and haxorus. I hatched a shiny cyndaquil after only 37 attempts. I'm so happy it didn't take a long time. I'm going to transfer it over to my white version and play through the story with it.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
:( thats what I wanted when I was REing there. Got Grumpig instead. :'( lol Abundant Shrine is not giving me results, might try elsewhere.

I actually wanted Skorupi, but Skarmory was my second favourite (plus it's rarer!) I am going to continue my hunt here until I get another shine!

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
I dont hate you and got a shiny Petilil on jap white 2 while my 3ds was charging. Thats the second random shiny ive found during my Larvitar hunt does masuda method not work if your using shiny charm or soemthing?

Thanks for that and congrats to the poster that found Skarmory!

BONUS: Extra points awarded to the ones that say my Walrein's nickname. And not sure if you could see my Azumarill's nickname, I'd be impressed if you could though!.

Last edited:

Cool Boy

Be fearless
Today Im starting Charmander hunt wish me luck :3

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
Congrats on the shiny Golduck, Skarmory, and Cyndaquil!
2 days ago I started my petilil hunt in lostlorn forest
I somehow reached 1500 encounters I have no idea how.
I guess I'm really dedicated to this hunt haha.

Jorge565

Magikarp
was RE for shiny venioede in route 20 got a shiny pidove instead still satisfied am now RE in virbank complex hoping for shiny magnemite but all the shinies there i love

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Following on from yesterday's success.. After what can only be 100 or so REs I find...

imagenik.jpg

Still going to continue as I really want a Skorupi!

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
Congrats Marvs on the shiny Drifblim!! Care to share your luck?
Speaking of luck
I was unlucky and accidentally closed my ds! I lost those 1500+ encounters ; _;
But now i'm hunting in pinwheel forest and at nearly 400 again, but ugh damn ; _;

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Congrats Marvs on the shiny Drifblim!! Care to share your luck?
Speaking of luck
I was unlucky and accidentally closed my ds! I lost those 1500+ encounters ; _;
But now i'm hunting in pinwheel forest and at nearly 400 again, but ugh damn ; _;

*shares some luck*

To be honest it's more about dedication! I wouldn't worry about "losing" your REs because it's completely random! You might find that shiny frame after 6 encounters you may find it after 6000 - if anything I find it better to reset your game every 500 or so but it's completely up to the individual!

starrrah

Shine Baby, Shine!
*shares some luck*

To be honest it's more about dedication! I wouldn't worry about "losing" your REs because it's completely random! You might find that shiny frame after 6 encounters you may find it after 6000 - if anything I find it better to reset your game every 500 or so but it's completely up to the individual!

Ahh someone in the previous thread told me the same thing! That is true! I just had the whole mindset "WHAT IF IT'S THE NEXT POKEMON"
But that method might actually be better! It's just when I did close my ds, I wasn't keeping track of how much I had encountered ; ; I guess going to a new area is enough to restart it haha!
I'll definietely give that method a try, maybe after 1k encounters since I'm nearing that :p

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Ahh someone in the previous thread told me the same thing! That is true! I just had the whole mindset "WHAT IF IT'S THE NEXT POKEMON"
But that method might actually be better! It's just when I did close my ds, I wasn't keeping track of how much I had encountered ; ; I guess going to a new area is enough to restart it haha!
I'll definietely give that method a try, maybe after 1k encounters since I'm nearing that :p

I know what you mean about it possibly being the next one haha but I think it's good to reset your seed now and then! That said, my last two shinys have both been on one solid RE chain, I am still running the same one too - but that's because it seems lucky! I may actually MM for skorupi now though... because it's the only one I want in this area now hmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.